Create Account

S71 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2023, 09:47 PM by Pyro182. Edited 1 time in total.)

ONLY S71 SMJHL Rookies (S72 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT. This is NOT for people who got drafted into the SHL (S70 SHL Draftees).

If you want to be drafted high in the SMJHL entry draft, you've got to make sure you're on teams' radars. Fill out the following questionnaire compiled by Head Office and the General Managers to earn some easy TPE and show everyone more of who you are and what teams get if they draft you!

6 TPE for completing all the questions.

SMJHL HO Questions (5 Questions)

Code:
- Player Name:

- Position:

- Recreate or First-Gen?

- Recreates: Who was your last player?

- First-Gens: How did you find the site?

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers):

SMJHL GM Questions (14 Questions)

Code:
- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)

- Is water wet?

- What made you join the SHL?

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?

- If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose?

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?

- How do you feel about walruses?

- What are your thoughts on the paradox of tolerance?

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included)

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?

- What video games do you play?

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline: The start of the S71 SMJHL draft

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

HO Questions

- Player Name:
Bernard Lodge

- Position:
Goalie

- Recreate or First-Gen?
First-Gen

Through the ISFL, specifically recruited by Gumbaman

MrMenthol#1055

GM Questions

Typically around 10-20 depending on the week.

- Is water wet?
Scientifically, no. In my heart, yes.

Love for sim leagues from the ISFL and a previous interest in hockey.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?
I am simply trying to be the best goalie I can for my team.

- If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose?
Ultimate Frisbee

Admittedly, no.

I think they're neat.

I think its valid. We should not tolerate intolerance.

Ultimate Frisbee, the ISFL, Worldbuilding

The Power of One, for it's message on race, acceptance, and the strength to overcome.

A fun and accepting locker room community.

Torterra as I've loved his design since I was a kid.

Bethesda RPG's, Paradox Grand Strategy Games, and sports simulation games.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?
Saint Bernard for their large statures and jovial personalities.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2023, 03:18 AM by Larry Johnson The 3rd. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: Idk if I am supposed to do it )

Player Name: Rowan O'Beirne

- Position: Center

- Recreate or First-Gen?
Recreate

Caleb Hayden - Goalie

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Caleb#2477

6+ typically

- Is water wet?
No, it is dry

I wanted to make friends

Juet looking to have a good time. No big goals in mind.

On how goalie TPE is shit

No

Love em

I think they are important

Boating, Construction

Spy School, mostly because I love mystery stories

Making new friends

Mudkip, cause it's cute

Phasmophobia, FHM8, Sea Of Thieves

Miniature Schnauzer, cause they are cute

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2023, 10:40 AM by Figgy. Edited 2 times in total.)

- Player Name: Dan Johnston

- Position: RD

- Recreate or First-Gen? First-Gen

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? RedCapeDiver told me about it over on Hockey Nation

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Figgy#6776

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) Depends on the week to be honest. but usually 4-5

- Is water wet? What is wet, without water?

- What made you join the SHL? When it was described to me, seemed like a really cool idea and premise

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? Honestly, I am hoping to someday make it to the big leagues, but with that said I am willing to put in my time in the J.

- If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose? The tragic history of the mismanagement of the Toronto Maple Leafs since 1967 haha.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Of course, follow major junior hockey so the Kelowna Rockets have provided many great players like Shea Weber and future Hall of Famer Luke Schenn(haha)

- How do you feel about walruses? They have the second largest manhood of any mammals behind me.

- What are your thoughts on the paradox of tolerance? Yup totally understand what you are asking, but choosing to keep the answer to myself.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Still playing slo-pitch softball although my body says I should maybe quit.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) Many great ones, but especially liked 11/22/63 by Stephen King, plot twist made it very hard to put down.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Having a great group of teammates to help you endure the grind of a season.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? No clue, never follwed it

- What video games do you play? Mostly simulation games and sports.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Probably a Golden Doodle, as the are goofy, friendly and always aiming to make people happy.

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2023, 11:01 AM by sulovilen. Edited 1 time in total.)

- Player Name:
Jaromir Jagrbomb

- Position:
RD

- Recreate or First-Gen?
Recreate

Walton Stromberg

sulovilen#1223

Depends, but at least a couple hours a day.

- Is water wet?
Last time I checked, yeah.

I had played EHM and some other be-a-GM games but hadn't realized I could also be a player in a sim league. Thought it was a fun concept.

No rush. 4 seasons in the J, or whatever the norm is these days.

SHL or sports graphics.

Most certainly I have not.

Very cute and even more relatable.

Honestly I had to google it to make sure it's what I though it was. But yeah, it makes sense.

Not really. Watching real and fake sports and occasional PC gaming eats up most of my free time.

Usually I fall asleep after about 5 minutes if I try to read a book, so I haven't read many in my life. Weapons of math destruction is almost the only one that comes to mind, as I remember reading that as part of my studies. It was a good, eye-opening book about the side effects of utilizing big data and algorithms.

Active LR with a positive vibe.

As a kid I remember being very fond of my Gengar card, so I'd say that.

Cities: Skylines, RDR 2, EHM, occasionally some other sim games like SimAirport.

Some breed that's calm, kind and likes food. Maybe like a basset hound.

[Image: sulov.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2023, 02:06 PM by wizard_literal. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Name: Lazer Gato

- Position: Left Defense

- Recreate or First-Gen?: First-Gen

- First-Gens: How did you find the site?: Recruited via ISFL

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): wizardliteral#1087

My main focus is the ISFL, I'd probably have 1-3 hours available a week strictly for SHL activities. But I should easily be able to get my AC/Training/Point Task done every week.

- Is water wet?
Gnome Dab

Recruited via a friend! Wanted to join for the community aspect.

Probably stay in the Juniors for a bit if I can. Wouldn't fight being called up if asked though. No expectations outside of that.

Language syntax & semantics! I'm a software engineer by trade, so the structure of language is one of my favorite topics.

Kelowna?  Hmm

I've never personally met a Walrus, so I don't want to make any sort of rash statement here, but personally their teeth frighten me.

I'm not very tolerant of these types of paradoxes, and as a whole I think society is too tolerant of the paradox of tolerance.

Since I joined the sim league crew my other hobbies have all but died.  I do enjoy drawing & painting when I have the time though!

Hyperion by Dan Simmons. It's a wonderful science fiction tale told through 7 different characters narratives each with their own personality that shines through the writing.

The community and making friends along the way! I personally don't want to get too caught up in competiveness, just here to interact with some fun people.

[Image: squirtle-gang.jpg]

I've been on and off with video games recently. Mostly indie single player stuff.  Disco Elysium and Inscryption have my two favorite in the last year.

I would choose to be a cat. I suppose if it does have to be a dog then I'd select CatDog.

[Image: wizard_literal2.gif]
[Image: SZRCDpe.png]

HO questions

- Player Name: Arnošt Hlemýžď

- Position: RD

- Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Archangelo Scaradog Jr.

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Citizen of Adraa#8380

GM questions

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) It's way too much and I don't want to calculate it.

- Is water wet? If we extrapolate that salt makes things salty, and salt is itself salty, therefore water makes things wet and must therefore be by itself wet.

- What made you join the SHL? Boredom.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? I want 4 cups. Anything less is a massive failure not only from me, but also from my team and my GM.

- If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose? The impact of suburbunization on American cities.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? The only time I heard of Kelowna yet is this league.

- How do you feel about walruses? I don't like them nor do I hate them. I hold respect before the mass and their teeth that are probably as tall as I am, and that's why I would never willingly stand near one.

- What are your thoughts on the paradox of tolerance? What I think is that it's extremely complicated to boil down my thoughts on a concept I haven't seen mentioned before reading this question into few sentences and I give up on doing that.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Some board games, computer hardware is still somewhat holding my interest, still video games, I finally kicked myself into watching at least some movies I was interested in so that's and advancement from the original state.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) I really adore Sillmarillion. It's not actually a really good book, it's a weird amalgamation of random stories in different moments of development, so it's a bit of a mess to read, but I so love the idea of creating a world with all of the details, all of it's languages, geography, history, and using those as input into the stories you tell from the world. It's a very nerd thing to enjoy, but I am absolutely here for it.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? I think LR does a lot of the heavy lifting. I think that in sim performance is a good boost of energy for a group of people, but if you manage to put together a cohesive and fun group, it doesn't necessarily matter how good it's doing for them to enjoy the league.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? I have very limited information about Pokemon, so I pick Spheal, because it's cute.

- What video games do you play? WoW, LoL, Cities: Skylines (you might have guessed by the lecture question), Trackmania, occasionally Civ 6, I haven't played EU4 in ages but it's still on my PC so I count it, and a bit of World of Tanks but that game is making it very hard to justify playing it as a F2P title.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? I think the safe choice is something like a Labradog. You are a relatively big, chill dog, no dumb owners trying to force you to be some fighting nonsense and treating you like shit because they are scared of you, at worst just kids spilling juice on you and you being sticky until they bathe you, which you like because you are a Labrador and you like water. No way I would be a small dog, that has to be annoying af.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2023, 01:15 PM by trashae. Edited 4 times in total.)

- Player Name: The Murray

- Position: Left Wing

- Recreate or First-Gen?

We're running it back turbo (recreate)

Teddy Murphy Kelowna, Baltimore, Seattle, Edmonton, Toronto legend.

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Trashae#3092

Easily 6+ for hobbies.  Whether that's spent on the SHL is another thing, but I have plenty o' time.

- Is water wet?

Nope

Old Reddit recruitment post and now I'm here.

I'm here for the vibes.  First player was all about getting a grip on the league and how it works.  Now that I had a 3 IRL-year career I want to stay around and The Murray is all about the social aspect.  I don't care about winning or ice time in the J.  I'm not trying to gtfo to the SHL asap. I want to join a fun LR and have a good time.  If there's space in the war room I'd love to step in and help out with running the team, but also recognize that I've gotta earn that privilege so if I don't get there that's cool too.

tl;dr I'm here for a good time AND a long time.

Breeding in the mainline Pokemon franchise.  I had to deliver a "technical" presentation in a job interview and chose that as my topic.  Got the job.

Never had, but I know this is Katth's favorite question

Not a huge fan of how just one male kinda gets all of the females.  Sharing is caring and resource guarding isn't sharing.  Otherwise they live the dream, I wanna be half elephant half Jabba the Hut

Fully on board.  The core message that I get from it is that we need to stay vigilant as a society to build a more tolerant (and imo better) world.  Also gives me big "Only a Sith deals in absolutes" vibes.  Obi Wan is just out here being a Jedi in absolutes so like... is he a Sith?

Now that summer is just around the corner I'm back at it playing beer league sports.  Kickball and Volleyball are my go-tos.  Play both of them every week and go to happy hour with the team afterwards.

House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer.  It's YA science fiction, but dag nabbit I read it in middle school and it's awesome. Got my whole family to read it.

To me this league is a social hobby so the most important and best part is hanging out on Discord with people.  Sometimes the fake hockey feels like a sideshow and that's totally fine.  I've made some friends in my time here and I appreciate everyone I've shared a LR with.  

I have two answers here.  In PoGo I have a Shadow Mewtwo with almost perfect IVs that I adore more than life itself.  On a broader which species do I like I've always been a big Alakazam family.  The unattainability of it and way back in the first gen games I had a Kadabra that just rolled face through the Elite Four one of the first times I got there.

I go through phases, right now playing a lot of Apex and Hogwarts Legacy.  In general though I like Battle Royale games and RPGs (mostly JRPGs, but Harry Potter got me).

I've been told I give big Labrador vibes so definitely that.

- Player Name: König Wolf

- Position: LW

- Recreate or First-Gen?RECREATE

Mikael Jakobsen

Banackock#6861

———

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)
Quite a few for my leagues. Let’s say.. 5-6.

- Is water wet?
Yes and No.

I joined back around S4. I really liked hockey and GM leagues.

Score goals and win. I don’t want to play in the SHL until my player is ready and can hold their own..

hmm.. maybe on the Edmonton oilers recent history and why they’re so bad.. could even do it on this season lol!!

I really like Invermere, BC and could do it on the locations and activities there too!! I’m also travelling right now and am staying in Australia on a working holiday visa from Canada. At the moment am vacationing Bali for 8 days.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Yes, I’m Canadian. I was also there in October 2022 with my partner exploring and visiting.

Nice moustaches. I’m jealous.

- What are your thoughts on the paradox of tolerance? Had to google. I wonder how many others did too! Always should be limitations on tolerance.

Hockey, Travelling, trying new foods and activities… have had some very fun ones since leaving Canada.

I don’t really read but I have read the Alchemist outside of school and it had a lot of good things about it. For school, To Kill a Mockingbird, Of Mice and Men, etc.

Having fun Wink

Don’t have one. If I was held at gun point and had to pick, Snorlax. He seems chill as duck.

COD, Apex, NHL, MLB. This kinda stuff.

Dobermans. I own two of them. Their names are Zara and Valentine. Incredibly loyal, smart, strong and to its owners.. very sweet… it’s also a VERY protective dog and I love that!

SMJHL HO Questions (5 Questions)

- Player Name:

Jaden Tanner

- Position:
RD

- Recreate or First-Gen?
Recreate

Last player was Samuel Kjellsson, who was also supposed to be a dfd, but I flaked out and went inactive

Sylvanen#1832

Too many.

- Is water wet?
Water is not, itself, wer. It makes things wet.

I just happened to be on reddit one day (I didn't go on the sire often) and found a recruitment post. It seemed neat, so I joined up.

I'm hoping to make a push with my minors team, but given how janky Calgary's roster is, I may not be able to stay down the whole time I'm eligible.

The Wonder Years lyrics. There's so much connectivity through their albums. I could probably do a half hour lecture just on The Greatest Generation.

Yes, but also because hockey.

I like the animal.

There's no room for certain extreme ideas in a society, and being tolerant of them shifts the Overton window too far towards them. I don't think we should shut down everyone and everything we disagree with, but certain things (bigotry, for example) shouldn't be allowed to go unchallenged.

Not really, just been reading and playing video games. Those, if they count.

Probably the series He Who Fights With Monsters by Shirtaloon. It's on kindle unlimited if anyone has that. I really enjoy the character development and world building he does throughout the series and I'm impatiently waiting for book 10.

Finding a group of people you vibe with. My fondest memories in the league are to do with the people I've met here.

Golem. When I originally played Blue right when it came out, I caught a geodude in the first cave and proceeded to pretty much only use it for the rest of the game. Earthquake plus Rock Throw was super strong, plus I had a 20 level advantage on the elite four by the time I got to them, so all I needed was ethers.

A lot of Eastside Hockey Manager. Elite: Dangerous. American Truck Simulator.

Probably a lab? I'm very loving, some5imes ro an annoying extent.

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Player Name: Zedward Zilliams

Position: LD

Recreate Cool

Last player: Edward Williams

Full Discord Username: Aephino#6544

---

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.): Anywhere from 5-20 tbh

Is water wet? I would argue that water is wet. While water can't cover itself, it IS itself. It is wet.

What made you join the SHL? I was bored back at the start 2020 when I was still in college. Great decision -- especially since I was extra bored when the pandemic hit. I came back because I missed it!

What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?
I will be wherever I'm needed most! I expect that means 3-4 years of SMJHL before I move on, but I will go with the flow.

If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose? Honestly I could probably do this with just about any topic since giving lectures is fun. The easiest would be rambling about a sport like football (soccer).

Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Nope lol. I have never been to BC, only to eastern Canada.

How do you feel about walruses? They are neato.

What are your thoughts on the paradox of tolerance? Well I just read about that. That is very confusing. I don't exactly grasp how if everyone is tolerant of every idea that an intolerant idea could ever emerge. I understand the concept, though. It's kind of like in The Good Place (spoilers!!) how the Good Place committee "is a bunch of ineffectual dorks in fleece vests." Good people can be taken advantage of easier. I'd like to think that there exists a world that everyone could be the best version of themselves, but that just isn't reasonable, unfortunately.

Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Too many. I watch sports: football (soccer), college basketball, NBA, I dabble in the NHL, with golf and tennis for the majors. Video games. Recently started to record gaming videos. Produce music (EDM mostly). Play piano. Watch TV/movies. I try to care about work as little as possible to focus on my hobbies. 

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) My standard answer is usually Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. Very dark but very powerful and incredible story. But Calvin and Hobbes goes hard.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? The connections you make with others!

What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? I wasn't big into pokemon growing up, but I have played a bit of Scarlet on my switch and my favorite is definitely Wooper. It is very charming. I was sad when it evolved into the big blob of Clodsire.

What video games do you play? Mostly Rocket League and Overwatch. But I have also played Trackmania lately, alongside Dead by Daylight and Fall Guys, historically.

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Tough question! Probably one with a good amount of energy, but also is quite independent. Maybe a greyhound?

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2023, 12:01 PM by linsangeles. Edited 5 times in total.)

[code]- Player Name: Wayne Holloway

- Position: Goalie

Gaunther Debrusk

- Full Discord Username: linsangeles#3861

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)
About 7-10

- Is water wet?
Water can be in many different states including wet

My whole life have been keen on sports related games

From my last recreates I learned it's okay to expect nothing and just see how it goes. SMJHL nowadays is very competitive.

I guess about NBA/NHL, but let's not call it lecture, just rambling

Lmao, my last two reacreates was on Kelowna Knights

They're cute(on cartoons)

It's a paradox but unlimited tolerance can lead to the exticntion of tolerance

Yes, running, for 3 months now.

I haven't read a book since school, don't remeber them.

Memes

Pikacu, cus that's the only one I know...

I don't play anything, no time for that.

Akita Pit cus they are intelligent, protective and loyal

Rage Falcons Latvia Latvia Falcons Rage
[Image: HOlloway.png]

- Player Name: Austin Morley

- Position: Center

- Recreate or First-Gen? First Generation!

- Recreates: Who was your last player? N/A

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? ISFL Affiliate

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): soevil#9867

Tough to quantify. Full household and job, but probably an hour a night to mess around on sim stuff, so 6+.

- Is water wet? 

Absolutely, and if you think otherwise you’re wrong.

Felt like I had some additional free time. To dedicate to a sim league and baseball was out of the question.

I expect to earn highly and would like to be brought up as soon as possible - but I understand that isn’t always feasible so I will try to be a team player.

Football, Cats, or Pizza (and why Diogorno is the goat frozen pizza)

I think you mean Kellington, and no.

I cant say that I put too much thought into them. I hope they live happy and healthy lives just doin’ their things.

I have a zero tolerance policy, and there are no paradoxes.

Sim sports, reading, video gaming, fantasy football, flag football, LARP, and TTRPGs.

This is tough, I’ve been on a big King run lately and it’s hard to pick a favorite. Maybe Needful Things? Doctor Sleep?

Reliability and organization.

With like 1,000 Pokémon now, it’s hard to pick. OG favorite is Gengar, but I also like Froslass, Banette, Dragalge, and any Cat Pokémon.

Rocket League, Halo, DOS2, Madden, Stardew Valley as of late.

Probably an Australian Cattle Dog (Red Heeler) because they’re medium sized, red* haired, and agile and strong for their size.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2023, 01:22 PM by takethehorizon. Edited 2 times in total.)

- Player Name:
Beau Kavanagh

- Position:
Goaltender

- Recreate or First-Gen?
Recreate

Cillian Kavanagh

N/A

takethehorizon#3473

4 hours

- Is water wet?
Water is water

I live and breathe hockey so when I can't watch my Penguins in the offseason the SHL helps out to fill the void

I prefer the 4 seasons in Juniors if possible but not against it either way if my SHL team needs me

The history of the Pittsburgh Penguins or how to get into better shape through diet/weight training

Yes, even though I am from the states

Indifferent

I'm a patient guy

I recently got into men's fragrances. Bought a few starter fragrances to get my collection started. Everyone should smell nice Smile

Holes - Louis Sachar because it's the first book I ever read

Different teams winning the Cup

Tangela or Snorlax, depends on the day

- What video games do you play?
Fortnite and Rocket League almost exclusively as of late. Have some fun on Sea of Thieves and whatever newer game happens to release

I'd much rather be a cat. I'd be a big fluffy Maine Coon that just lounges in the sun all day

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]