Create Account

S71 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2023, 03:45 PM by MyLittleHexx. Edited 1 time in total.)

- Player Name: Sven Holmberg

- Position: D

- Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Mito Chondria

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? N/A

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Hexx#4864

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) 2-4ish

- Is water wet? Wet like your mother

- What made you join the SHL? Saw in on the EHM forums on Steam

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? Called up as soon as possible because I hate that non-regression years are lost while playing in the SMJHL

- If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose? hockey or bowhunting

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? yeah they have that WHL team

- How do you feel about walruses? I think they're neat

- What are your thoughts on the paradox of tolerance? It makes sense.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Hunting, crying

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) For Whom The Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway. Initially I read it because it was base for Metallica's song of the same name. Ended up being a good read.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Active locker room. More fun to lose with a good bunch of people then win with no one or people you don't get along with.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Red because it's the first one I play. I like Pidgey or Zapdos, because they are neat.

- What video games do you play? Project Zomboid, NHL, FHM, Rimworld, Fallout 4, honestly just a big mix and depends on my mood at the time

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?i idk chow chow because it's the breed of dog I have

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Player Name: Dan Craig

- Position: RW

- Recreate or First-Gen? First-Gen

- Recreates: Who was your last player?

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? through the PBE

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Jj24orluckyowl#7958
How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)

- Is water wet? yes

- What made you join the SHL? no one MADE me but thought it would be nice to be in two sim leagues

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? I am hoping for what is best I am not sure if I will be a Max guy yet(mainly because of money) but I will be putting effort in, so whatever is best for my player or team.

- If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose? sports and why they are important

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?nope

- How do you feel about walruses? they are cool

- What are your thoughts on the paradox of tolerance? I do not know what that is let me look it up. I think you need to be tolerant, but there will always be a grey area.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? running

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) scythe because of the world building

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? The people and easy of access

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Vanilliuxe because I always liked it as a kid.

- What video games do you play? MLB the show, hearthstone as of right now

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Never had a pet, but I would want a golden retriever seems like a fun obedient dog.

[Image: dc24.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2023, 09:46 AM by Reedy0rNot. Edited 1 time in total.)

- Player Name: 
Joseph Reed

- Position:
Right wing

- Recreate or First-Gen? 
First-Gen

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? 
Close friend.

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Joseph_Reed(Reedy0rNot)#0746
———————————————————————
- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)
5-15

- Is water wet? 
Technically no.

- What made you join the SHL?
I joined with a friend/brother.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?
Hopefully, my time in the juniors can give me a good grasp of how the league works. I would love to play well and perform to the best of my ability. I would like the pros to see me as a great talent. Try to sneak into the top 20

- If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose?
I could probably get a 30 minute lecture on WW2. But I’m no expert.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?
I know it’s in Canada. I couldn’t tell you where if I had to guess the British part of Canada.

- How do you feel about walruses?
They look cool. But I’m not going near one.

- What are your thoughts on the paradox of tolerance?
I don’t know much about this. I think it was written by a guy name Karl.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?
I larp and play video games.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included)
I am dyslexic, so I don’t read a lot of books. I listen to a lot of audiobooks typically about survival and zombie apocalypse scenarios.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?
I am interested in comparing my stats to my friend. I believe it may be fun to watch a game and enjoy the locker room conversations.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?
I’m not up-to-date with all the new Pokémon my favorite original is Cubone. He wears the skull and uses a bone to club things. What more reason do you need?

- What video games do you play?
I put a lot of Stardew valley and Minecraft.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?
Given my size and nature, I would probably be a great Dane.  I’m not here for a long time. I’m here for a good time..

- Player Name: Colt Fox

- Position: Center

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Daisuke Nakamura

First-Gens: How did you find the site? N/A

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Southie#6978

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)
6+

Is water wet?

I'm so tempted to make a your mother joke here.

What made you join the SHL?
I like Hockey.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?

I'd love to win some awards as a junior. So I guess I'd be fine with a long and successful career as a junior player. Especially if we can bring home a couple cups.

If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose? MMA and MMA History. I've probably somewhere between 75 and 95 percent of all numbered PPV cards. I've seen everyone Shane Carwin and Benson Henderson up to Islam Makhachev and MVP.

No.

- How do you feel about walruses? Walruses kind of suck honestly.

- What are your thoughts on the paradox of tolerance? It's a slippery slope fallacy.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? TTRPGs

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) L'ombra del vento or Shadow Of The Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Watching your player (hopefully) rack up good stats.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Vaperon and you know why. You know exactly why.

- What video games do you play? None.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?

Bulldog. Tough, rugged, but also lazy and friendly.

- Player Name:
Adrians Skalbergs

- Position:
Right Wing

- Recreate or First-Gen?
Recreate

Teodors Skalbergs

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers):
Ashes#9602

varies, should have enough to update somewhat consistently

- Is water wet?
no, it makes things wet but it's not wet itself

it was like 5 years ago so idfk at this point, i think i just found it and thought it was interesting

idk, i just wanna have fun, maybe i'll make it to the SHL maybe not

- If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose?
formula E

before joining the league, i don't think so no

they would be cooler if they could pull their teeth out and use them as swords

what

cooking, (watching) motorsports, games

1984, i just like dystopian shit i guess so i liked it

a good locker room atmosphere

jolteon because i love the idea of eeveelutions and jolteon is the coolest one imo

varies a lot, i've gotten a bit into FM22 recently (i bought it a while ago)

i'd rather be a bird tbh, i wanna fly
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2023, 01:16 PM by Redderder15.)

SMJHL HO Questions (5 Questions)

- Player Name: Jeff Hunziker

- Position: Center

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Jeff Larsson, a J league superstar that turned into a massive SHL bust

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Redderder15#0970

SMJHL GM Questions (14 Questions)

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) Likely around 3-6 hours a week depending on schoolwork or family events

- Is water wet? No, water makes things wet

- What made you join the SHL? The fun concept of a simulation league made me join, and the community made me come back

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? Stay in the J for at least 3 years, not even sure if I'll do a lot in the SHL after

- If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose? Why I cheer for a terrible franchise in the Canucks

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Unfortunately yes

- How do you feel about walruses? Big fan!

- What are your thoughts on the paradox of tolerance? The what of what?

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Lots of sports in hockey and basketball, lots of video games

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) Probably the entire Percy Jackson series, or Ready Player One (the movie was shit though)

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Having a good community and good PT prompts (gets really boring and tiresome when the prompts aren't creative

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? I'd probably choose Mewtwo because I support their initiative. You try to create a living creature to run tests on and keep in a cage their entire life, and you get confused when they are mad at you?

- What video games do you play? Lots of CS:GO, some NHL or 2k, a bit of league and valorant

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? A chihuahua because they are very nice and active

Links: Updates | Player Page | Bank

Code:
- Player Name:

Billy Hill

- Position:

LD - Defensive Defenseman

- Recreate or First-Gen?

First-gen

Facebook ad

Dont use discord.
Code:

5-6

- Is water wet?

Is the water liquid, solid or gas?

Saw a FB ad, looked like fun.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you
looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you
hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?

Ahh, the fun stuff. From what I've read, here's my road map.
The biggest want I have from my juniors team is minutes. My end goal isn't the SHL, it's the IIHF. Being from
"Latvia" is a blessing and a curse. Our team is proud, but lacks depth. I plan on building my career specifically to be a
stalwart in the Latvian defense. Whoever gives me the best chance of getting to the national team roster, no matter which
league, is where I need to be.

The brilliance of the movie Idiocracy. A comedy that has become nothing short of a documentary just a decade later.

Still haven't looked it up. We'll see if they hand me a sweater on draft night.

Orca snacks.

I have a feeling I should have been a bit more sober when filling this out.

Work has been nuts so TTM autograph collecting has been the play recently.

Barnett's Manual: Analysis and Procedures for Bicycle Mechanics.
The applications found in this book go far beyond the simple bicycle.

Making sure that your opponent isn't the one lifting the trophy.

In game, Gen 1 Gengar. If you know how to use him, you can solo the game with him. In card form, Base Set Charizard.
51 undefeated matches in base set pokemon league.

That's a reallllllly loaded question. Can we just say that "Ahoy ye mateys" has been really good to me?

Giant Schnauzer: Fiercely loyal, loud barker like all schnauzers but now with more bite.

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

Player Name: Westley Kirkpatrick
Position: Left Defense

First Gen
Found the site via a reddit post on r/penguins
Discord: Pyro182#9033
I tend to have 5+ hours free
Water is wet and when particle man is underwater it gets him instead.
My main reason for joining the SHL is I have always wanted to try a multiplayer be a pro sim and this fits that perfectly for me.
I don't really have any expectations for my junior career, but I know that I want to do my best for my team as long as I am there.
If I had to give a 30 minute lecture the topic would most likely be the battle of Midway.
I had not heard about Kelowna before joining the league.
I would be terrified to be near a walrus, but from afar they are pretty cool.
Don't really know what the paradox of tolerance is.
My biggest hobby is ttrpgs like DnD and Pathfinder.
The best book I have ever read is Going Postal by Terry Pratchett, because it showcases Pratchett's humor to an amazing degree and simultaneously sets up an amazing trilogy set in discworld.
The most important part of a fun league experience has to be the team locker room, I can handle losing as long as we are all having a good time in the locker room.
My favorite pokemon is Umbreon, I've been a big fan of black and gold color schemes for a while. probably longer than I've been a pens fan, but also I've always enjoyed dark type pokemon, even though I am way too cheery for them to fit my personality.
I play way too many video games, so I'm just gonna highlight a top 5 of recent favorites: 1. Wildermyth 2. Stellaris 3. WoW 4. HoI4 5. FHM7
I would be a Siberian Husky, I just love their color scheme and their bright blue eyes.

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

HO Questions

- Player Name:

Arthur Kaliyev

- Position:

Left Wing

- Recreate or First-Gen?

First-Gen

I found the site through Facebook, I enjoy FHM and Leagues so i thought why not give it a try!

Kaliyev_l34l#3251

GM Questions

I usually have maybe 11 hours free during the week, If im not around just shoot me a discord message and i will get back to you asap, I have an 8 month old so i spend alot of time with her during the day.

- Is water wet?

No water isnt wet, to us it just appears that way

Love for hockey, Leagues and FHM made me want to join and try it out

Im most likely going to stick out the 4 years in juniors to let my player grow and then i will go up to the big leagues.

Hockey obviously lol

Yes Kelowna Rockets is a WHL team and they are based in Kelowna BC 

Never seen one in real life but i would love too! they are pretty cool

We should not tolerate intolerance.

Fishing, Camping, Hockey, Shopping 

Im not a reader unfortunately 

A fun and accepting locker room community.

Ponyta, i love horses so that is the main reason another reason is because shes colourful

Warzone, Hockey, GTA, Fortnite, Need for Speed, Farming Sim, FHM

Husky, Ive always loved husky's
 they are like a big fluffy teddy bear, they are super friendly (depending on how they were raised) 

[img]```[Image: W6NIRSC.jpg]

[Image: kaliyev-1.png]

Code:
- Player Name: Rocky Orwell

- Position: RD

- Recreate or First-Gen? First-Gen

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? my friend who's sleeping so I can't add him to my referral because idk his username

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): ramsey#0023

Code:
- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) 6+ until August!

- Is water wet? I almost failed chemistry I dont know anything man

- What made you join the SHL? reliving my glory days (i quit actual hockey this year because I messed up my tailbone)

I will be the face of the franchise I want to be in the J forever and have my name in the rafters

- If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose? Airplanes suck so much and so bad

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Why of course (not in regards to the SHL no)

- How do you feel about walruses? man I love a weird looking animal look at my avatar (hockey potoo)

- What are your thoughts on the paradox of tolerance? I need it explained to me like I'm 5 years old

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? I've been going crazy playing Badminton

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) I have this anthology of 20th century American poetry and
it's just chock full of some of the greatest poems you could ever find, it's got every kind of mood and writing style and
literally anything you would want to read is in there.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Mutual respect!!

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Anorith because look at him... He's beautiful...a masterpiece even

- What video games do you play? Splatoon n minecraft mostly, I don't own any consoles besides a switch :(

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? I'd be a Swedish Lapphund I
don't really know why but I just feel deep down that if I were to turn into a dog out of nowhere it would be that one.

Code:
- Player Name:
Remington Richardson III

- Position:
LD

- Recreate or First-Gen?
Must be first gen

the football site

treeofelectricity#5622

Code:- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)

- Is water wet?
it's the absence of wetness

playoff hockey is the best

could not care less. just want to watch my dude skate around

disappointing my mother

yes

mostly ambivalent

i think asking this question stretches my tolerance

larping with my ex-wife's boyfriend

fml ... ummm it's hard to pick one. 11/22/63 is the one that comes to mind right now but i read a lot and have many favs. Way of Kings i also loved

chill man, just shooting it with the boys

Articuno or Zapdos because i like birds, Moltres can f off

sports ones, fifa, madden

any sort of retriever because i'm easily entertained with repetitive tasks

[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2023, 05:17 PM by grizzbearr. Edited 3 times in total.)

- Player Name: Oskar Samuelsson

- Position: Left Defense

- Recreate or First-Gen?: First-Gen

- Recreates: Who was your last player? N/A

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Through a friend on discord

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): darkawsten#4988

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) 6+ hours for sure

- Is water wet? Yes

- What made you join the SHL? I love hockey and I thought it would be fun to create a character and see what I can do on this website with it

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? I'm just hoping everything goes well, whatever it takes to be a good player. If it takes a long career then I'll do that!

- If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose? Probably something about hockey or emo music

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Yes I've heard of the WHL team the Kelowna Rockets a few times. Unless you meant the Kelowna in this league then well, I'd never heard of it before yesterday

- How do you feel about walruses? They're great. Makes me think of the movie tusk though (very scary movie)

- What are your thoughts on the paradox of tolerance? I'd say its right. Tolerating horrible people isn't a good thing because then they end up spreading their ideals (that are usually bad for society) to others. This is an interesting topic I won't lie, I haven't read too much into it

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Watching random tv shows and driving around. Do those count as hobbies? Also watching whatever hockey is still left

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) I'd say The Hunger Games series. I read them recently (as did a lot of people) and it was beautiful. I just really loved seeing into the minds of the characters and the expansion on parts that weren't included in the movies. A lot of the relationship between Peeta and Katniss wasn't shown as well in the movies so it gave me a whole new perspective on them and it was very enjoyable.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? I don't know yet, wouldn't say I have much of an idea of what goes on in the league but so far it's been fun to just bond over something me and my friends like, and then talking to new people about something they're passionate about is fun too! I love seeing how many people have been on this website for years

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Gigalith or Fennekin. I want to say Fennekin because it was my starter Pokemon in Pokemon shield/sword (cant remember which one i own its been a while) and I really love fire type Pokemon. It's what I choose in every game I play. I just think its fun for things to be lit up (but not irl of course)

- What video games do you play? Fortnite, Sack boy, The Last of Us, I recently played Stray it was really fun, Life Is Strange, Saints Row 4, stuff like that is great, oh and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? A german shepherd because I'm loyal to my friends

Hi everyone!

SMJHL HO Questions:

- Player Name: 
Sean Bird
- Position: 
Right Defense
- Recreate or First-Gen? 
First-Gen
- How did you find the site? 
Reddit on r/DallasStars post by u/MEGAMATTEOMAN
- Full Discord Username: 
seanpizzle99#8124 

SMJHL GM Questions:

- How many hours a week do you usually have free?
5-7
- Is water wet?
No, I wouldn't say a glass of water is wet. If I poured that glass of water on my couch, then it would be wet.
- What are your general expectations of your juniors career?
I'd be happy with a long junior career as I get more experienced with the site.
- If you had to give a 30 minute lecture off of memory, what topic?
Game of Thrones.
- Have you ever heard about Kelowna?
No
Never really thought about them. Would probably run away if I came across one in the wild.
It exists.
- Any hobbies you have been into lately?
Studying philosophy/theology.
- What is the best book you have ready and why?
Band of Brothers by Stephen A. Ambrose. The leadership and examples set by the men discussed in this book is inspiring.
I'm not sure as I haven't joined any league like this before. I think the more involved I stay the more fun it will be.
- What's your favorite Pokemon? Why?
Bulbasaur. I just remember liking that one on my old GameBoy game.
NHL 23 & NBA 2k22 on PS4
I'm not sure, is there a type of breed that tends to overthink things? Because that is me.

HO Questions

- Player Name:
Activity Check

- Position:
Goalie

- Recreate or First-Gen?
First-Gen

Through the ISFL, specifically recruited by Gumbaman

Weaves#2472

GM Questions

Typically around 1 hour depending on the week.

- Is water wet?
Scientifically, no.

Love for sim leagues

Backup goalie. Vibes

ISFL

Admittedly, no.

meh

no opinion.

Worldbuilding.

Never split the difference.

A fun and accepting locker room community.

Magikarp

Paradox Grand Strategy Games, and sports simulation games.

AIR BUD!

- Player Name: 
Artturi Lappalainen

- Position: 
RD

- Recreate or First-Gen? 
Recreate

Some bum named Edvin Kalberg

python#7936

Too many lmao, enough to do PTs

- Is water wet? 
It makes things wet smh

I was in Hockey Dynasty back when that was around and some guys from the SHL spread the word over there and I was like "fuck it I'll join"

It depends on NOLA's needs, cuz my co-GM ass needs to be on that team.

Probably something related to the history of spaceflight as a whole.

No, fuck those guys tho

I'd use one of their tusks to stab JKortesi.

Fuck the intolerant and fuck those who let the intolerant exist

Not particularly, I'm still braindead from the school year.

Wings of Fire series back when I read books.

Interacting with other people and making friends.

I love Totodile. He's just a little alligator goober.

I play a bunch of shit, Nintendo, RuneScape (shoutout SHL RS discord), Paradox games, and Kerbal Space Program pretty often as well.

Definitely a Samoyed. They're so big and fluffy, it looks like it'd be cozy to be one.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]