Create Account

Draft Day

Hey look it's draft day! The first thing that popped into my head yesterday. Finally get to see what team would be kind enough to draft me. I watched some of the top prospects start coming off the board, and as we got towards the end of the first round I was just waiting for my name to finally be called.

And waited I did. At 29 Texas was on the clock. I had a pretty nice chat with them before the draft, thought maybe.. but alas no, they went with Jordan Tanner. We play different positions and he has a tad more TPE than me. Aw well, still going to wait. 
The North Stars at 31 took Crystal McLeod. 
Calgary at, 32. That seems like a solid place, I had a nice chat with boom before the draft, we have some history together.. Nope, it was Bob Wehadababyitsaboy. He publicly said he is doing a J only player. Aw well, I guess I'm worse than a dude who doesn't even want to play in the bigs.
At 34 a goaltender named Scary Jerry. It's a solid name, and I don't play goalie, nothing mean to say about Atlanta.
At 35, New England took a guy named Bear Trapp. He is a forward, but I've got quite some TPE on him. Aw well.

Finally at 36 I heard my name. Philadelphia. As a New Yorker that will be really weird, but it could be cool to see it from this side. Maybe it isn't as bad as they all say.

A reporter ran into me and asked why I told teams I only wanted to go to Philly. Caught off guard as I had said none of the sort to anybody, I kinda stammered out a "What?" I think the reporter thought I was trying to deny it. Aw well. Not the best career day as it was, this certainly won't help.

Here's to showing the league that waiting until 36 was a mistake.

---------
334 words, 2x Draft media

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

Getting drafted later just means your team probably drafted another great player in front of you. Here's to you and Barg Hazbite having great careers together!

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Best of luck with your career, fellow New Yorker!

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Sadly we only got one second round pick, and yeah we had a nice chat!

Hope for you that you will love your team, see you on the ice in a couple of seasons Wink

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

The only difference between you and 1st overall is that now, you can be THE sleeper pick of that draft class. Philly is lucky to have you.

EDIT: As your friendly grader, next time, put "2x draft media" in the title to be sure we grade it correctly. Smile

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!