Create Account

Retention From Facebook and Other Avenues

So we’ve been getting a ton of recruits who have presumably found us from Facebook. The same thing happened last season when the ad campaign started, but many did not stay. It raises a tough question. Surely thousands of people will see the ad on Facebook and other social media platforms, but how can we get them to stay?

I’m not expecting a black and white answer and I know the recruitment team works hard already, I just wanted to open a discussion or a brain storm session about ways to make sure we’re getting the most out of those markets.

We got many recruits today, maybe they’ll stick around and become SHL Hall of Famers, and I know we’re new to this area, but large draft classes are great for the league, and we may as well make the most of what we’re doing.

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

I suggested using the facebook page for recruiting a while ago but was shot down, nice to see someone made some posts at least.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2023, 12:15 PM by spidey. Edited 1 time in total.)

Honestly you need to pretty much walk hand in hand with these new recruits most are joining out of curiosity but it is a daunting task to get to know the SHL and how to enjoy the league.

Rookie Mentors need to setup a check list and walk individuals through the site. Sure we have videos, and how to guilds. They can be great. But a direct contact on the site that works with an individual all the way through the first season would be better.

Maybe in addition to the rookie Mentors we instute a big brother/big sister protocols where numerous members can walk a rookie or two through the SHL.

If the rookie sticks around it is worth x amount of money.

If the rookie is at x amount of earned TPE the big brother/sister gets some TPE as well.

It would be a big help to the true rookies to have a direct helping hand and a connection point.

I also believe video chats could help as you could share screens and really walk someone through their trials in the SHL.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

05-20-2023, 12:02 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: I suggested using the facebook page for recruiting a while ago but was shot down, nice to see someone made some posts at least.
Meta pissed me off tbh when I first started the Meta ads and linked a Facebook page for our league they banned me. Lmfao

Ace got it cookin now though

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

05-20-2023, 07:27 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Meta pissed me off tbh when I first started the Meta ads and linked a Facebook page for our league they banned me. Lmfao

Ace got it cookin now though
meta doing what shl isnt brave enough to do

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)