Create Account

S70 Newfoundland Berzerkers Awards

Delayed posting on purpose because we are still celebrating our Four Star Cup win!

Ryuuji Minamino Forward of the Year - A close battle all year for this, and it came down to a close vote in the end,  but the award goes to one of our assistant captains Matiss 'Ozone' Ozolinsh @LampLighter for the second straight season. A great season, led the team goals and second in points. Also finishing 3rd in the league in goals he really knows how to put the biscuit in the basket.

Rand al'Thor Defenceman of the Year - Another tight race for this award, and finally usurping Philip Fry @Wheels for the award, there is a new winner this season in Captain Lester Oiduser @mystick. Leading the Defence core in assists and points and with a crazy TA ratio over 7, top 3 in the league. He must have taken being awarded the C seriously because he stepped his game up that extra bit to help win that trophy.

Mikko Rashford Rookie of the Year - He may go by beta, but he had an alpha start to his career Erik Erikson @Beta is our rookie of the year. A great award named after someone just nominated for two SHL awards. Finishing 4th in goals and mid table in points, we expect Eriksons numbers to only go up once he gets some powerplay time in the coming seasons.

Cale Amundsen Goalie of the Year - There isn't really any doubt this year. Tummy Hurts @teztify takes home this award for the 3rd straight season. Tough to argue against someone with only 4 losses in 37 games. He did get a lot more rest this year thanks to Rhett Carpet @Carpy48 trying to take his job, which pushed him to play at the top of his game.

Patric Twist IA of the Year - Based on our fearless leader @Patty, this year Ryan McKennedy @AJK987 wins this coveted award. 2nd in goals, 4th in points, last in updating. Shoutout to @Sopath who kept it a close race and nearly took the win.

Andrei Cleanest Player of the Year - I feel like all these players must have colluded just to say they all won an award, Luke Labrie @Labrieze ,Adelbert Steiner @ElMerchanto ,Luca Pane @Nictox , and Jacob Fournier @Matty7478 , were all equally in and out of the box last season. As they clearly cheated I have disqualified them from the award. Next up is an IA, so they are out as well.  Leaving yours truly Lester Oiduser @mystick as the winner this season. Way to go captain! How you play such great defence and not take penalties is a wonder to behold. I am able to make this executive decision as I am the one writing this.

Harry Carpet Underrated Player of the Year - Not a lot of points, not a lot of notice. Mit Wobet @EmoLeBron did everything asked of them on defence, partnering with pretty much everyone (you degen you) and making every line he was on better. His advanced stats were great, proving once again he is the better Wobet. Take that, Shoresy @apollorion

Volsungr Team MVP - Based on North mythology, this is the player who had the best season. This goes to our top forward Matiss 'Ozone' Ozolinsh @LampLighter who lead the way on the ice, as well as keeping the locker room going making sure as many as possible tuned in to watch. I think we may hear his named called again.

Playoff MVP - A big award this year, as we went all the way! Matiss 'Ozone' Ozolinsh @LampLighter wins yet another award, leading our playoff crew in goals and tying John 'Hotpotato' Hopoate @.simo in points. This award could go to a lot of players as everyone played a big role in our win this year.

Luffy Most Dedicated User of the Year - Goes to probably the greatest person to exist. Lester Oiduser @mystick could be the greatest human being of all time.  Taking home the award for his 3rd straight year and last in the J, we ask again what keeps him this dedicated? The drive to win? Glory? Is he bored? Avoiding his responsibilities at home? Maybe all of those reasons? Whatever it is, lets hope he keeps it up. They might have to name this award after him after these last 3 years and captaining the team to the cup. Super humble guy as well. No bias here btw. 

Yosh Team Spirit Award - This is hotly contested award, as our team has amazing spirit and the best locker room. But as usual, coming before everyone else is Tummy Hurts @teztify . He brings that extra energy to the locker room. If @EmoLeBron ever left the gambling room he could take this next season.

A great season as Newfoundland returns to the top of the league and wins the Four Star Cup, it really was a team effort.  This is my (and many others) last season with the team in the J, and I want to wish them all the best in their future careers. Zerks for life!

Just want to give a final shoutout to our Zerk All Stars! at forward, John 'Hotpotato" Hopate @.simo and  Matiss 'Ozone' Ozolinsh @LampLighter (I feel like I have said your name a lot). On Defence we have Lester Oiduser @mystick and Philip Fry @Wheels.  Tending the twine we have Tummy Hurts @teztify.  That is a lot of great representation from Newfoundland!

League wide we also have Tummy Hurts @teztify making the First All-Star Team, as well as the All Defense Team!

Final Final shoutout, we have some league award nominations as well.
Alexis Metzler Trophy - Award Given to Top Defensive Defenseman -Lester Oiduser @mystick was nominated.
Cedric Robinson Trophy - Award Given to Top Goalie -Tummy Hurts @teztify  was nominated and WINS THE AWARD
Brodie Witzel Trophy - Award Given to the Playoff MVP -We have 3 players nominated John 'Hotpotato" Hopate @.simo ,Tummy Hurts @teztify , and Matiss 'Ozone' Ozolinsh @LampLighter with the award going to OZONE!
Raymond Lindsay Trophy - Award Given to the Most Outstanding Player as Voted by the Players -Tummy Hurts @teztify was nominated
Ronan O'Keefe Trophy - Playoffs Points Leader -Both Matiss 'Ozone' Ozolinsh @LampLighter (last time I swear) and John 'Hotpotato" Hopate @.simo tie for the AWARD WIN with 27 points apiece.
King Kurczewski Trophy - East Playoff Champions -Newfoundland Berserkers

Just to be nominated for these awards, with all the great players in the league is something special, and to win some is a great showing for the players, and for the team!
We can't forget the most important Trophy of all,
FOUR-STAR CUP - NEWFOUNDLAND BERSERKERS

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

LET'S GO ZERKS

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers