Create Account

A New Wave of Platoon (2x draft media)

Platoon S71 Draft Recap Platoon

The Baltimore Platoon are in a rebuild, that should not be news to anyone. People know the team has struggled for a while and has been loading up on assets to hopefully right the ship sometime soon. Acquiring draft picks isn't nearly enough, though, it is what you do with them that counts and makes all the difference. After having several strong drafts in past seasons, what the Baltimore Platoon just pulled off in the S71 SHL Draft can only be described as a master class. In a league where defense is at a premium and defensive creates are tough to come by, the Platoon managed to draft three max earning defensemen, and also grab a max earning forward, and an active late round steal.

The first pick was Bellamy Blake, my own player. Let me just reiterate how thrilled I am to become a part of this team (I may write a separate article on that later). Grabbing me at 7th overall was... shocking? Many had me going top 2, and others top 5 in their mock drafts, and I was one of those people. I always said that if I fell that far I'd love to join Baltimore, but I truthfully didn't think that it was on the table. I really thought I'd be gone. Fortunately, I was there when BAP's time came up and I think they were pretty shocked too. Hey, at least it made their pick easy!

Then, knowing that I was joining this squad and that they had several picks still to come, I had my eyes glued to the screen, watching the draft board with intent. I thought taking Thomas Liebold was a given at pick 9, so I was stunned when they picked Jay Bryzi. This made me super optimistic though, because I had found my defensive partner for seasons to come. @JaytheGreat is absolutely awesome and his player will be earning and playing right alongside me, hopefully we can become a fearsome duo and make some major noise around the league. Great pick.

When the excitement passed, though, it left me with a small uncertainty. I was sure that @liebolda wanted to select his brother @Hungy Fella in the draft, so I was a bit confused. Once I saw that Baltimore had made another trade into the first round, though, the puzzle all came together. I knew this must be for Thomas Liebold, and it absolutely was! I get reunited with my Whalers teammate, and after we are done winning some hardware in the SMJHL, we will continue to do so in Baltimore. I'm thrilled to be on another team with him.

Family ties matter, and after the brothers were united as Platoon members, it was time to unite the cousins. @hhh81 DMed me on Discord saying that we added my cousin, @Crash_Conrad , defenseman Ryan Quintana-Green. I was stunned and elated. This draft class is ridiculous. RQG was a late create thanks to me telling him about the league, but since his creation he has been a max earner. Don't let the small drop in TPE fool you. If he'd been around from Day 1, he'd be right there with us at the top of the class. To get a player like RQG this late, and another key defenseman at that, was incredible. I have full faith that my new GMs know exactly what they are doing.

Finally, the Platoon needed one more player, and got a potentially massive steal in Brock Samson, aptly from user @brocksamson . I know Brock has a connection to @sköldpaddor who is a GM and super active, so hopefully she can keep encouraging Brock to do the same. We might as well be the family team, since the Platoon's final 3 picks all have relation to some other site member. Hey, who better to fight alongside than your family?

Being drafted by Baltimore was one thing, but watching them execute the rest of this draft was the icing on the cake. I know once this class graduates to the SHL, it is here to stay, and Baltimore will be ready to take over the Eastern Conference. In the meantime, let's keep building and getting better each day!

715 words
2x bonus

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

The future is bright  Cool

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

Leggo Toonza

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

05-18-2023, 10:08 AMNYR73 Wrote: The future is bright  Cool
not because of you it isn't smh

[Image: tinywow_FrenchieSig_18046112.gif?ex=651e...bf2671368&]
thanks @slothfacekilla for the sig <3
[Image: SZRCDpe.png?ex=65ccf2de&is=65ba7dde&hm=6...ac64e3137&]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Ireland

05-18-2023, 10:44 AMFrenchie Wrote: not because of you it isn't smh
says the bust smhsmh

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

BAP!

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

So thrilled by this draft! Welcome to the platoon, looking forward to winning many cups with you!

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

Congrats to the Platoon, they picked up some amazing players.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Honored to be a part of this rookie class, We are going to do great things in Baltimore!

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]