Create Account

[x2 Draft Media] - Surprise Dutch center to join the draft pool

SCHUBBEKUTTEVEEN, ZEELAND, THE NETHERLANDS - To most people, the village of Schubbekutteveen might sound like nothing but a mouthful that few people have ever visited, let alone heard of in more than a joking manner. Properly designed not too long after the establishment of the States-General of the Netherlands, Schubbekutteveen spent most of its existence as nothing more than a farm that would eventually grow some houses on the side before businesses appeared in the area by the late 70s, though people never quite cared for the obscure municipality. However, recent efforts by the village to stand out in more ways than its original farm standing have seemingly helped the farm village become a bit more known. Besides a rather successful amateur football team that has reached the latter rounds of the national cup, one of the village's noble sons has decided to commit to a hockey career.

In a bit of a surprise to many, Sunrise van de Schubbekutteveen, the second oldest son of village noble Prince-Jolly van de Schubbekutteveen, decided to give a career in chemistry a break and instead opted to try his hand at the flash of the SMJHL as a "life-growing experience". A graduate of the University of Cologne, Sunrise played with the youth ranks of the Zeeland Seagulls from his native Netherlands before a similar stint with the Kölner Haie in Germany which he balanced with his studies. Deciding to not be quite done with the sport, he opted to try out for the Draft and after a lack of any possible matters that would prevent him from participating, signed up with much gusto as an option for any of the junior teams to bring.

Sunrise was very relaxed about what awaited him on the other side of the pond. "I originally thought about trying my hand at hockey internationally but cooler heads prevailed and I stuck to playing in Zeeland for a bit. Of course, then I got an offer to play at Cologne and I was scouting the chance of attending a good university... so I ended up taking it to study instead of focusing on play. I'm still young so I think I can get a shot if I work hard enough." He was properly interviewed at the family's farm where he was still helping matters, stating that there was a good chance he wouldn't be able to do this any time soon and was keen on seeing his old man smile one last time before the move came.

When asked if he was aware of the possibility of him not even being drafted, Sunrise shrugged it off. "I'm willing to play for any team regardless of circumstances and I imagine every team is aware that I'm not picky about anything. I'll do my best and just wish the team does the same." He then also noticed that in the worst-case scenario, he can always go back into Chemistry and let bygones be bygones.

Quote:Words 508

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR