Create Account

S70 SMJHL PT #8 - Trails and Tales
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2023, 10:15 PM by Jayba1t. Edited 3 times in total.)

S70 SMJHL Draftees (S71 SHL Draftees) and S71 SMJHL Draftees (S72 SHL Draftees) are BOTH eligible for this PT

Apologies for the late notice and PT posting, but due to additional scheduling conflicts with the SMJHL Playoffs and WJC tournament, we were not able to get out the money based task to you. To make up the money, we will have one PT for those who just got drafted into the SHL/are about to in the SMJHL.

Building a storyline for your player can make things more interesting and give your player some additional character! For this PT, tell us all something that happened to your player, in their past, in an alternate universe, this season, during the draft/your first upcoming draft, or anything you want really. We will have a multi tiered reward system, so feel free to write 50 words, 200 words or anything in between. 

Reward:

50 words - $500K
100 words - $1M
150 words - $1.5M
200+ words (maximum) - $2M

The money will "automatically" appear in your bank account after we grade it. Grading will occur on Tuesday, May 23rd, and Saturday, May 27th.

Deadline: Friday, May 26th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2023, 10:36 PM by Australiankek. Edited 3 times in total.)

In an alternative universe (So tired right now I just thought some random goofy stuff for money)

One day Kevin, like always went to his favorite rink in Edmonton for some practice. He never knew there was a scout there looking out for future players. Kevin played worse than a 5 year old trying to learn how to skate. So like everyone does, the scout put him in the team. Kevin didn't even know what was in store in for him, he was put in the team in the middle of the season and of course Kevin did terrible. When he wanted to go with his homies he skipped and paid random buff people in the gyms to play instead of him. One day, in draft day he was picked in the second round by Minnesota. Kevin accidentally went into the wrong building for pictures and ended up locked in Walmart. 12 hours later, he got caught and got sent to court. He of course lost by lying about himself and making false answers thinking it was a joke. When he was sentenced for 2 years of jail. And when the police were about to send him to jail, his Spidey senses made him run so fast out of the building that he broke all of the records that Usain Bolt made. He ran for 2 hours straight not once stopping. And arrived in his favorite rink which he restarted the day again.

Sorry if this made literally made no sense

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

In Westley's past. U15 Indy League All-Star Game

When Westley invited his whole class to his All-Star Game, he never thought this would happen. He had been having a great game, had picked up several assists and his team was dominating their opposition 5-1. He never really was the shooting type, but still managed to be the league's 4th best point getter without scoring a single goal all season. Then on a routine breakout, as Westley is preparing to drive low and pass back to the slot for his center to shoot, he's tripped from behind. The refs call a for a Penalty Shot and Westley is now standing alone on the ice aside from the All-Star goalie at the other end. Westley is in shock, he's gonna have to score, you can't just invite your entire class and then fail on the easiest scoring chance you've ever been given. He taps his stick against the ice and starts to build up speed as he heads towards the puck. He looks down for just a second to make sure he brings it with him as he barrels at the opposing the goalie his stick only touching the puck on occasion to help it keep up with his breakneck speed. This goalie's been having trouble all season protecting the 5-hole all season so he shoots it there and without stopping to look slams himself into the end boards. The crowd is going wild, Westley looks at the jumbotron expecting the goalie to have made a beautiful looking save. And yet, it shows the puck beat the goalie between his legs, Westley can't believe it, he actually scored. He skates back over to the bench in a dazed state, fist bumping his teammates on his way to his spot where he will be watching that replay till the surrealism of the experience fades.

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2023, 09:33 AM by soevil. Edited 1 time in total.)

Austin Morley is one of 7 centers in the upcoming SMJHL draft, and so far he has had a pretty good draft experience. He has had what he would consider “good” conversations with 2 or 3 teams, and “great” conversations with another 2. One team scout, however, Morley had a terrible interview with. This particular scout did not seem particularly interested in Austin. They told him “Quite simply, you just don’t have the skill or experience that other prospects in this draft have. We just aren’t sure that you will make it in this league”. Needless to say, this pissed Morley off. He responded to this scout saying “I have worked my ass off to get to this point, and to even be considered as a draft prospect in the SMJHL after only playing hockey for a year is a testament to my heart and dedication to becoming the greatest center that you have ever seen. I hope your team doesn’t draft me, because I want to make you regret that decision for the rest of your life. Haunting your dreams every night is going to fuel my fire to be great”. And then he stormed out of the interview. 

205 words

One day a long time ago there was a baby penguin. His name was Shnopple Lopple. He liked to slide around on ice with his family. Shnopple got so good at sliding on the ice that his parents bought him some ice skates and a hockey stick. Shnopple was a natural with the hockey stick and skates. When he laced the skates for the first time he took off while his parents stared in awe. With the stick Shnopple found a rock. Shnopple started to stick handle at levels his family has never seen before. Shnopple shot the rock into a garbage can with speed and accuracy. At that moment his entire family knew he would become a pro player. Shnopple strived to become a pro player later in his life but he really struggled to find leagues that accepted him considering he is a penguin. Shnopple eventually stumbled into the league he now plays in. Shnopple has had a passion for hockey ever since that day. He wants to become the best hockey player Penguin on the planet. Shnopple will play until he is able to become the best penguin he strives to be. Shnopple is so happy living his dreams and becoming what he strives to become. 

209 words
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2023, 02:48 PM by spidey. Edited 3 times in total.)

It is a strange feeling lying on the ice staring up at the rafters, the wind is knocked out of you as you are trying to gasp for air, the arena lights blazing in your eyes. You feel like you are closer to death then life when you get hit that hard for the first time. But it is in that moment when every sense inside of you is shutting down, where your body is fighting for life that you finally, really become alive.

I was just hit by Kyle Latreille, well hit wasn't the right word, I was run over by a vicious flying elbow that planted square into my solar plexus catching me below the chest protector and sent up and over him as he went low and popped up. Kyle may have not been a big man, but he was an amazing hitter and he enjoyed causing pain. 238 hits last season to top the SMJHL, he was constantly looking for a reason to punish other players, and I guess this was my turn. As the impact landed I felt all of the air come out of my body, as I flipped over my head lost track of where up was and how I couldn’t tell where I was going until a heavy thud hit the ice with my limp body. I stared up at the ceiling for what must have been 10 – 20 seconds but if felt like hours.

Finally a voice said to me, “get up son. Get up.” I looked to my left following the voice and there was a man standing next to me. He was smiling down and not wearing any hockey gear at all. He was a beautiful blond man about 6’4” wearing jeans, and my Jersey. He offered me his hand and I took it. And with no effort at all he picked me up and got me to my feet. He gently but firmly patted my back and all the air returned to my lungs. “There, all better” the man said.

Then the strangest thing happened, I stopped and looked around the entire game was paused. Now I don’t mean everyone had stopped to stare at the man that was on the ice beside me helping me up, I mean everyone was perfectly still, they were not moving, not blinking, the puck was frozen in mid air from a slap shot. I stood in disbelief. The I realized something the man said “son.”

I had never known my father and my mother had told me various stories but always brushed it aside. Plus, this guy looked way to young to be my father, maybe in his early thirties. I gave him a strange look and he smiled and laughed. He started to laugh and said, “I think it is time we had a little heart to heart, I am Apollo.”

“Like the god?” I responded in disbelief.

“Exactly the one, and you are one of many demi-gods that enjoy the game of hockey. You were just run over by one of Ares kids. Those guys just love to hit, and fight, and hit, and fight, not very cool if you ask me.”

“Wait a minute are all hockey players children of the gods…and wait, gods are real? Aren’t you just myths to explain things that happened in old times?”

The god looked at me with a half puzzled and half angry expression. “umm, you do see everything going on right now, the whole world put on pause so we can have a little chat. That doesn’t just happen by natural circumstance. Oh the Gods are real, we have just been taking a more hands off approach, well more often the not.”

“Ok,” I said, “why are you here now? Seriously if you were my Dad, why didn’t you come earlier, teach me and help me become a better person?”

The god looked a little bashful, “well like I said we have all agreed to take a little more of a hands off approach…but my sister Artemis and I had a little bet going on. And well…I kind of need you to reach your full potential if I am going to win the bet.”

He reached down placed his hands on my head, and a light switch turn on in my head. For the first time in a long time, I could see the game in a whole new light. The world un paused I was on my feet. Moving faster, my shot was harder and with a quicker release and pinpoint accuracy. Then I heard the voice one more time in my head “This is only the beginning; I am proud of you. Play hard and win!”

-788 words

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

This draft process was such a roller coaster. I had a lot of long talks with some teams and shorter talks with other teams. I thought I had my location picked and set, then Toronto traded up for me. I am really surprised it happened. Why does a team like me so much? That is what went through my mind. With all of the great talent that is in this draft, what makes me special to be picked 2nd overall? What did they see in me? Was it my drive? What did it? That is really that all that went through my mind and honestly, still does. Toronto is FILLED with stars and young stars, where do I fit in? Honestly, this gives me the drive to be better than the person before me. This makes me want to be better than the person that is ahead of me on the depth chart. I need to show that I am better than that person, even if they are my teammates. I need to fight for my spot. Usually, when someone is drafted this high, you assume they make the team and get the spot. Not here, not now. I need to work for it. I need to get better, I need to be better. This has given me the kick in the butt to just be better. I am here, I will be better.

It's clobberin time.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

In an alternate universe

Filip Svatos wakes up that morning, he barely has his eyes open as he lugs himself towards the kitchen and pours himself a big glass of orange juice, and a bowl of oatmeal. He proceeds to finish eating, and heads into the bathroom to freshen up for the day. After getting out of the shower, he heads over to the sink to brush his teeth. He looks up in the mirror, and realizes he isn't Filip? Why does he look like Theodore? He looks around and realizes he isn't even in the right house. He must be dreaming, because he is definitely body swapped with his brother. He begins to panic. The biggest day of his life, and he is being cursed by some cruel ploy? Panic begins setting in, and he doesn't know what to do. He is just about to call Theodore when... He wakes up. Thank god, he gets up and ready for the big day. All the nerves of the draft seem easier now. He is ready for whatever team picks him. I think in the alternate universe, Filip would have been getting dressed as a Blizzard. Some rumour about how the GM there knows him beyond the fourth wall or something?

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2023, 09:10 PM by Kaliyevl34l. Edited 1 time in total.)

Once upon a time in the small town of Brantford, nestled deep in the heart of Canada, there lived a young Boy named Arthur Kaliyev. From a tender age, Arthurs's love for hockey burned bright within him, ignited by the chilly winter air that swept across the town's frozen ponds. His passion for the sport was evident to all who knew him, as he would spend hours perfecting his skills on the ice, dreaming of one day becoming a professional hockey player.

Arthurs's journey began with his father, Frank, who had been an accomplished hockey player in his youth. Recognizing his son's talent and unwavering dedication, Frank became Arthurs's greatest mentor and supporter. He would wake up before dawn to lace up Arthurs's skates, tirelessly driving him to countless practices and games, always encouraging him to push harder and aim higher.

As the years went by, Arthurs's skills flourished, and he quickly earned a reputation as a rising star in Brantford's hockey community. His speed, agility, and powerful shots made him a force to be reckoned with on the ice. But it wasn't just his natural abilities that set him apart; it was his unwavering determination and relentless work ethic that truly made him exceptional.

Arthurs's talent did not go unnoticed by scouts from larger cities, and soon enough, he found himself drafted by a junior team in a bustling metropolis. Leaving behind his family, friends, and the comfort of his hometown, Arthur embarked on a new chapter of his life. It was a challenging transition for the young athlete, having to navigate a higher level of competition and adjust to the demands of a rigorous training schedule.

Despite the initial hurdles, Arthurs's resilience and unwavering focus propelled him forward. He poured his heart and soul into every practice, pushing his limits and honing his skills even further. With each passing season, he garnered recognition from the hockey community and gained the attention of professional scouts.

Finally, the day he had dreamed of arrived. Arthur received the call he had been waiting for— he had been drafted by a prominent NHL team the Los Angeles Kings. It was a moment of elation and validation, the culmination of years of hard work and sacrifice.

As Arthur stepped onto the ice for his first NHL game, he felt a surge of emotion. The arena thundered with cheers from passionate fans, and he knew that he had made it to the grandest stage of all. But it was not just about personal success for Arthur; he played for his family, his hometown, and every young dreamer who aspired to achieve greatness.

Throughout his professional career, Arthur remained humble and grounded, never forgetting his roots. He became known for his sportsmanship, leadership, and commitment to giving back to the community. His impact extended beyond the ice, as he established youth hockey programs in Brantford, inspiring a new generation of aspiring athletes to chase their dreams.

Arthur Kaliyev's story serves as a reminder that with unwavering dedication, relentless hard work, and a true passion for one's craft, dreams can indeed become a reality. From the small town that molded him into the athlete he became, to the international stage that witnessed his brilliance, Arthur's journey stands as a testament to the power of perseverance and the spirit of hockey.

2777 words

[img]```[Image: W6NIRSC.jpg]

[Image: kaliyev-1.png]

Aumy Junior II procrastinated so much that he was late for the draft. And with late I mean that he didn't even join the draft. He was late as always and joined league only when the season started. However, he didn't miss any games and were able to help his first time Carolina "Kraken" on the ice. It was interesting and funny, because all of his new teammates were joking around about this situation. There were multiple banters and teammates didn't forget about this situation the whole season. Sometimes he even tried to change the topic of conversations, but his squad always knew where it was going. Aumy Junior II were interested to join the minor league via draft, but he was late, because of his character. Now we will never know which team would've picked him in SMJHL draft. He missed because he was just enjoying off sesson in his home town in Finland. Maybe the time zone was the reason of him missing the draft? Well, at least he didn't miss his SHL draft later on. Imagine what type of jokes his future teammates of Toronto "North Stars" would've made. That would've been an insane start of his SHL career and probably a thing that each teammate reminds him of whenever there are some funny stuff going around.

220 words (2M)

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2023, 11:09 PM by electrictree. Edited 1 time in total.)

Remington Richardson III's path to the draft was fast and furious, and very much like the movies, it involved family. His father's father, Remington Richardson Sr invented the sport in Great Britain. Well, he definitely didn't, but he hosed down his street in the winter and told all his neighbors that he did. So, close enough.

However, he did teach Remington Richardson Jr how to skate. And to hit. And because he's British, to leave the country or whatever. Still, Richardson Jr had a mostly promising career as a flashy winger before he found a woman who he knocked up and had to get a job at a factory to support the child. The child, of course, turned out to be Richardson III. Who grew. And grew.

Before anyone knew it, the third born Richardson was six foot four and eating enough bangers and mash his mother threatened to send him to Ireland. She didn't, and he eventually was scouted by just about everyone except Vancouver.

So, fittingly, when the draft came he waited a few rounds for his name to be called and then he was taken by Vancouver. Maybe soon someone from the team will reach out. Richardson III wants to play, he has no interest in riding the bench. The team has good defenders and drafted several more. He hopes to put on that uniform as soon as possible.

(232 words)

[Image: image.png]

When Dan was first starting hockey his teammates were  not as welcoming. One time after practice early on when he was not great yet he was not well liked by his teammates. He was an outcast not being able to really talk with anyone after practice and did not feel like he should have been there. One day he was defeated going back home and one of his teammates started talking of him the goalie of the team. Just like on ice he would help him out when he made a mistake. Both showing the type that they were outside and inside the rink. Before he knew it they would talk everyday after practice and started to really enjoy being around each other and always seemed to play better when they were both around the rink. Little did he know that they ended up also going onto the same college team. Continuing the duo into college with the scouts realizing the potential they had. The unlikely duo of the forward and the goalie coming together to help each other out. Who knows where he would have gone without the help of him and he may have stopped hockey in general and did something nowhere like it.

[Image: dc24.png]

Family is a funny thing. For some people, family means very little, and they become just a small set of the people in one's life. For others, family is everything. My grandfather has always been there, and he's always meant the world to me. Not everyone gets to have an SHL Hall of Fame goalie as a mentor. As long as I can remember, he's been teaching me the game of hockey, helping me develop into a player that may have a shot at the SHL myself one day. I owe it all to him.

So he was the first person I called when my name was called out as sixth overall in the SMJHL draft. I couldn't believe it; I had a feeling I'd get picked at some point, but I never dreamed I'd go that early. I guess when I played with the Vancouver Whalers for the playoffs as a DFA this past season, I impressed, because they're the ones who picked me up.

When I told gramps, he said that now I had a new family. Some people just play for their team and keep their heads down, but there's so much more there if you want it to be. A bond you don't see with most people. This is my family now, and I get to spend the next few years learning from them, like I learned from grandpa. And maybe, if we're lucky, we can raise a cup or two. As a family.

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

In an alternate universe inactive forever was literally inactive, forever. An immortal being forever would just sit there, living but not breathing, eating, speaking or moving. He was alive though, even though his heart didnt beat because thats activity. Sages from around the world tried to decipher what made this odd man live but no one could decipher it. Many myths and legends revolved around forever, as he just stayed stationary. He had to be moved for commercial and industrial development many times but he never budged an inch. No one knew where he came from because he was there forever. Since the beginning of time Inactive was around. Forever is happy he is in the current universe, because that other universe sounds miserable. Well maybe not though, maybe he had no brain activity, maybe he wasnt even alive who knows. All Forever knows now is that he is active

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

In his past life (some would say current life, if you think about time linearly), Zedward was Edward, a mild-mannered kid from England. Edward was excited to be drafted to the Detroit Falcons, followed by the Texas Renegades, and had a wonderful career until it all fizzled out.

Zedward Zilliams appeared in this universe suspiciously close to the time when Edward Williams disappeared off the face of the Earth. Zedward arrived with two things: a big mustache, and a big craving to be the best hockey player the world had ever seen. As Zedward prepared for his first draft, he knew had to stand out.

For one, his “very real” French accent confused, but intrigued, potential GMs and scouts. It became clear to Zedward that he was going to have to try a little harder to stand out.

Zedward put on a musical performance pre-draft, which was a 30 minute Keytar original song written by Zedward himself. This didn’t exactly appear to inspire the fellow draftees, nor seem to convince the GMs and scouts that he was worthy.

So Zedward decided to scuttle over to Detroit scouts and let them know that he “has heard of” the legend of Edward Williams and was excited to follow in his footsteps.

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]