Create Account

[x2 Draft Media] ESScast: König Wolf - Predator or Prey?
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2023, 12:49 PM by BANACKOCK. Edited 1 time in total.)

[x2 Draft Media] ESScast: König Wolf - Predator or Prey?
[Image: gettyimages-1230311132-594x594-1.jpg]

Germany ESS Germany - The hockey world, it’s fans, the teams, and their management/scouting systems, and us here in the media section are always on the hunt for the next big thing in the big leagues. While the present and the past are equally as important, the future is something, we must always keep an ion in order to grow the great game we all love and enjoy. Those who have the best I often get the best price and here at ESS we strive to help out the SHL and its managers/scouting systems to ensure no mistakes are made on the big draft day. from in-depth draft reports and analysis to biography and interviews, we try and bring everything to the table so we can get to know the SHL future.

On the first edition of ESScast, we had the privilege of hopping onto our scouting helicopter and flying all the way to Germany to interview one of the biggest up-and-coming stars. Before we move on, I’m unsure how big a gas tank is on a helicopter, but have no worries, this helicopter was suited at a custom shop with a big enough gas tank to make the entire flight. No worries, no issues. The flight was pretty good, the entertainment on it was decent and we watched the new super Mario brothers movie, and the food was rather tasty as well. Can never go wrong with helicopter pizza!

We landed in Cologne Germany, bright and early and made our way to a hotel to get everything ready. The interview wasn’t until the early afternoon so we decided to get a little rest and have a quick Power Nap. Following our power nap, we woke up feeling like a wolf, and it was at this time that we knew it was the right moment to start the interview with the wolf. We headed upstairs to the top floor, executive office suite where we were going to hold a meeting with young König Wolf. Once we reach the top floor, we all sat down and these beautiful wheely chairs seated in front of a beautiful cherry stain table, upon immediate arrival, hotel services were bringing us drinks of our choice, and ensuring that we were comfortable and ready for the meeting. Momentarily after, the star of the show arrived, and it was time to get down to business with the interview.

Disclaimer: General managers of the Junior League and all who have read this, we hope you enjoyed this information we have provided from ourselves and our prospect. Use all information as you wish but note that nothing in this article can be 100% guaranteed. As always, it is best to do scouting on your own. Talking with Mr. Wolf was an absolute pleasure that you should have the experience of doing.

THE SIT DOWN
[Image: cut.jpg]

Q1. Your agency brings with them a long history within the league. Some of this history is good, some of this history is not as good. They have boats of strong consistency, and then other moments of weakness. What exactly can we expect in terms of this?  Interview

König Wolf, KW:
I would like for the past to be the past. Things that happened 7 to 10 years ago shouldn’t really matter or affect us if things have changed which they have. We have a long history in this league, and we are very excited at the chance of entering the league and being able to play out my dream. The past is something I am not focussed on. I am 100% focussed on the present and the future and I am going to do everything that I can to show everyone this. I want to build myself as a member and as a player and overall just enjoying myself to the fullest.

In terms of consistency, I can understand how there may be some caution, when looking at myself as a player. However, I have never not been a safe bet when in the Junior League system.  We have always been very active, hard-working, a team player and almost always never missing a beat. It’s when we get to the 800 to 1000 TPE range that things start to go a little crazy. However, please note that with the last player in my agency, they had a lot happened to them and that’s why they went inactive. They had a lot going on in life that caused them to get busy and they ended up moving from Canada to Australia for a year. Uprooting like that caused them to move away for a little while from the SHL. Afterwards the agency, and that player thought it was best for them to retire, and that’s when the agency reached out to me to have them represent me.

Scout analysis:
Based off the answer that the prospect has given, you can expect to get a sound consistent player in the junior league that isn’t going to give you any hassles. Based off our judgment, it seems as though the player is going to be a strong team player first kind of member on the squad, and that they’re only going to be in the locker room in a light form of way. What we mean by this is that they might not be the most active player in the locker room, but they are going to add a sense of positivity and fun in there.

Outside of the players personality, you’re gonna get a player that is consistent throughout their junior career and will be performing at high levels. Their build is going to be very strong and you won’t have any issues here at all.

Q2. What kind of player are you gonna build yourself to be? Interview

KW:
The best way that I can put it in my opinion to show general managers what player I’m going to be is compare it to someone that they might already know. Alex Ovechkin, or Leon Draisaitl of the NHL are players that I want to be like.  I want to be that big framed player that’s able to play strong on the puck, make big hits, score big goals and be an absolute elite menace on the ice. I want to contribute to my team strongly and be a big reason that my team is successful. I’m going to put in the hard work to ensure that I am able to rank myself up in these areas of my game to be like these players to ensure that my team has the most success. I’m also going to take a look around the league, and train how other strong players that resemble me train, so that guy can have the same success as them.

Scout analysis:
Mr. Wolf compares himself to two very elite goal, scoring big bodied players in the NHL to show junior managers visually what he could become, or at the very least what he envisions he wants himself to become. He states that he’s going to put in hard work, and even mentions that he’s going to take a look at other players around the league, see how they’ve built himself his players, and then put that into his own game. Based off this alone, we see this is being a very successful system, that a lot of players around the league already do. This is going to set Mr. Wolf up for some form of success, as it is a very good system to build yourself around.

Q3. We have time for two more questions. While the players skill is a massive part to what teams in management look at. They’re also interested in who the person is behind them. Can you try and give the managers looking at you a small glimpse into who they can expect when drafting you? Interview

KW:
I think I touched on this very, very lightly at the start of this however, I would be very happy to provide an answer here. They’re going to get a player that is incredibly loyal, down to earth and chill, a team player first kind of guy that wants to win, and a very hard worker. I know I’m supposed to be just talking about the Junior League, but I’m also talking about the big leagues here a little bit by noting my loyalty. I want to be a player that stays on the team for a long time and helps them win. I wanna break league and team individual records and be remembered by the fans as a historic legendary player for their team. For being chill, I’m just here for a good time. I don’t want bullshit or drama. I just wanna hang out with cool people, good players, and awesome teams and just enjoy what these are supposed to be about. There’s so many good people here, and I know I will be very fortunate to land on a team that has a lot of them.

Scouting Analysis:
Based off the answer, here and the prospects body language, we feel like any team that dropped. This player is going to be very lucky and the person that they’re getting. It seemed that they were very sincere and genuine and saying that they wanted loyalty, honesty, and just a positive environment for them to be in, and that they would help create this. Nothing much more to say here. Don’t listen to the whispers on the wind and instead go in yourself and have a chat with the player. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Q4. Speaking of the SMGHL, are there any specific teams or GM’s that you would like to reach out to you? Additionally, do you have any teams in mind that you would like to play for more than others? If so, what would your reasons be? Interview

KW:
I hope all GM’s that want to reach out to me reach out to me. I’m really excited to speak to all the GM’s and I hope I’m given a chance to talk to them and show them that I would be a very strong pack for their team. There really isn’t any team I probably wouldn’t play for and more or less the rankings would be determined based off location and team name, and how they go together.

Kelowna Knights, Colorado Raptors where the Vancouver whalers are three teams I can name off my head that way I would love to play for.. Vancouver in my agent, have long-term history and as well as with Kelowna.  Colorado would be an amazing location to play, a cool city to live in and I just really like the name Colorado Raptors. There’s a few other ideas out there that mesh well together like the scarecrows, the elk, the Falcons and Kraken. If they’re not listed, they’re a little lower on the list but that’s really only because of the location in team name. Great Falls grizzlies is basically up there with the rest as well, but it’s fringe.

Scouting Analysis:
It sounds like Mr. Wolf is willing to play for anybody, but there are a few that are in higher regard and the largest factor into it is either location or team name. There are two teams, that he favours because of the agencies, history and familiarity with them. However, these situations do not push the agency and player far enough to make them his only choices. He remains very open to going wherever and looks forward to conversations.

That would’ve strike the end of our scouting interview with Mr. Wolf. We thanked him for his time. We all got up and shook hands, and we all walked away from the table. We left the table, feeling very confident in Mr. wash abilities as a person, and as a player and we’re really fortunate enough to be able to spend the day with him talking to him. We wish him the best of luck, moving forward, as well as the team, to draft him, and know that it will be a very good choice in doing so.

Quote:2,024 words, 2 pics

Welcome back to the SHL banackock!

Fantastic read.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Lucky to have you!

Hope you will love your time in St Louis Smile

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]