Create Account

Hill to climb before the mountain: The Billy Hill Story

It's draft day for the SMJHL and the prospects have been arriving with hopes of hearing their name called for a chance at glory on the ice. This draft appears to be a defense heavy class with more excitement than usual around the quality prospects at Right Defense. The elephant in the room at this point is the absolute flood of Left Defenders on the list of draft eligible players on the list to be called while having very limited spots at the position.

One player who's draft reception has been extremely mixed to this point is Left Defender Billy Hill from *North Carolina* Latvia. His build is a defensive defenseman that's bravery and aggression will have quite a few GMs turning heads, but a one timer that a childrens street hockey goal keeper could block with relative ease. Overall, he seems to have a long road to the draft board. During his pre-draft paperwork, league officials had noticed discrepancies with his birth certificate and ID card. The documentation appears to have any mention of North Carolina drawn over with permenant marker with the word Latvia, likely for an easier path to the IIHF roster. It remains to be seen what he can do on the ice, but this story is one to be followed going into the draft.

Around the league, there seems to be a bit of a buzz from certain teams. Anthique, captain of the St Louis Scarecrows has gone on the record and stated their commitment to Billy Hill in saying "First pick in the 5th is good for you? You will be the first!" Also, other interest can be seen from from Kelowna Alum Spidey saying that Billy "Could be the steal of the draft." Even fellow SMJHL draft eligible players are intimidated by the sketchy young defender as Pyro182 has been quoted saying "As a fellow S71 SMJHL draft prospect I love this energy."

When asked about where he hopes to end up, Billy stated that "I'm open to just about anywhere at this point. My only needs are minutes and some gentle nudges in the direction of things I may be leaving on the table." He was also asked if there was anywhere that he wouldn't want to go, stating "Detroit. The GM didn't seem to impressed with what I have to bring to the table. I'll tell you this though, he's gonna eat his words by the end of it."

With the draft a few hours away, we will soon know the fate of Billy Hill, and his climb up the Hill before the mountain.

(First article, 444 words)

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

Draft day press images

PNG of Billy Hill, no background
Pic of Billy Hill with background

05-20-2023, 03:43 PMPapaSorin Wrote: Draft day press images

PNG of Billy Hill, no background
Pic of Billy Hill with background

I love this! Keep up the hard work and earn that money.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Hope you will love your time in Great Falls!

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

05-21-2023, 02:39 PMAnthique Wrote: Hope you will love your time in Great Falls!
Coming into this, there were two places I wanted to go: STL and GFG. When you guys traded away the late 2nd rounder away, I figured I'd be a bear when it was all said and done. Good luck this season, but fair warning, I can't be held liable for being a thorn in your team's side from here out.

Best of luck in GFG man, looking forward to watching your career hopefully become a success!

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]