Create Account

[2X Draft Media] ESS: König Wolf Report

ESS: König Wolf Report [Double Media Week]

[ESS] Elite Scouting Services

König Wolf
[Image: 2663d25f4b18715ddb34d8ae65c0f2af.jpg]

Hello, SHL. It’s crazy to think that I am back in the league once again after another hiatus. It’s also crazy to think that I’m even still around this league at all. Before I get into the big report of this article, I figured I might as well give a small little bit about myself seeing as I’ve been fairly disconnected from the league for sometime. My name is Bana, I am 28 years old and I am originally from Canada. I say originally because I am now living in Australia on a working holiday visa until November 2023. This is a big chunk of why my last player didn’t end up, making it to the potential that they had. I have been in and out of the SHL since about season three and my most prominent player would be Magnus Jakobsen. I am more known for being from the VHL, where I have been the Seattle Bears GM for the last 40+ seasons.

I started writing these ESS scouting reports as an agency, many, many seasons ago. We had a big group of people that did graphics, writing and other tasks, and we would all come together and pull the money that we got from riding the articles and remember paying us to do the reports. I don’t even know the total word count that we would be at but I know it would safely be over probably 50,000 to 70,000. I know with my last player I even wrote a big chunk and made a lot of money and that is the plan this go around as well.

With that being said, these articles are just for fun, and our biography is 100% made up by myself. I will reach out to every member that I write about and ask them some sample questions. I will then use the answers that they give me, put them under my magical microscope, and then regurgitate what they say out in word mass. The scouting report analyzing, and everything else is just based off looking at the players builds, things I may know, things I may guess and just going from there. Please do not take most of these things serious. It is just lighthearted fun in an attempt to make good money on the website so that we can all have fun.

König Wolf Biogrpahy

First Name: König
Last Name: Wolf
Position: Left Wing
Handedness: Right
Recruited By:
Player Render: Leon Draisitl
Jersey Number: 77
Height: 6ft 2in
Weight: 211 lbs
Birthplace: Cologne, Germany

König Wolf was born on December 19, 2005 in the historic and beautiful city of Cologne, Germany. He was the only son in a family of seven. If you did the math correctly, and you got Wolf being the only boy of five children, your mathematics in this equation is correct. I can’t imagine, growing up with four sisters is entirely easy, especially when you were the youngest of them all, but it definitely did have its perks too. I think it’s fair that before we speak on the perks that came along with being the only Boy in the sibling pack of five, it would only be shooting to start this biography off with the opposite side of the fence. Just so you are aware, the grass might not always be greener on the other side, but if you take a look there’s always good things on both sides of the fence.

König was a small little lad growing up but despite the small frame, he had a wolf inside of him. At least that’s what his father would always joke around the supper table when his mother would joke towards the family that he had a worm because he could eat so much. On one occasion, he tells all his buddies that he ate 3 pounds of spaghetti Bolognese, and even managed to down three entire pieces of garlic toast. Despite this intense craving for eating everything, and anything in sight, he still remained little. It was one of the things his sisters playfully bullied him for. Being the smallest in a sibling pack of five is always tough, but it’s even more of a challenge when you’re the smallest and you’re the only boy. Wolf could stand before you today and tell you of all the times he had to run from his sisters and hide because they were on the hunt to hold him down and put make up on him. Often, the sisters would be successful in their hunt. Staging their little brother is a beautiful Disney, princess, or a runway model, or an aspiring movie actress. They would force him to put on shows for their parents so that they could show the work. They would all often giggle amongst themselves as he would do, his little runway shows. Looking back, it was absolute pure torture for him. This is a little lads, Guantánamo Bay. However, he also looks back and smiles now. What a good little brother he was! What amazing fun memories. Those were what a special bond he and his sisters have to this day.

His parents were your normal parents that you see every day walking about. His dad was a foreman for one of Germany’s biggest railroads, and his mother was a teacher at one of the elementary schools here in Cologne. Both of his parents earned a very good wage, but because of his father‘s role with the railroad, he often had to work long and late days. Due to this being the unfortunate circumstances, his mom and his sisters had to take him to a lot of his stuff. Often, you would see a row of girls sitting in the stands or standing at the glass when they would be attending his games. Wolf played hockey from the moment he could put shoes on his feet.  He had pictures of Leon Draisaitl all over his wall, had two of his jerseys, a bunch of his hockey cards, and even used Leon Draisaitl’s very own stick when he was playing hockey. He remembers a little bit of watching Leon Draisaitl before he made the NHL and he was always his favorite player. Even though the NHL has crazy talent like Connor McDavid, Leon Draisaitl is still his favorite. He cheers for him every game and wants to play exactly how he plays. Wolf always told his mom and dad that if he was going to make the NHL it was because of Leon Draisaitl.

As Wolf got older, his sister started moving out of the house and going to university. Wolf was unsure what he wanted to do. He had always had interest in going into some form of Law or becoming a politician, but he was a very good hockey player with a big dream. Maybe he could do both? Maybe he could do one now and then another later? He was all over the place and just wanted to be like his sisters and go to school to make his parents proud. If he chose to pursue his dream of hockey, he would be the only one to not go to post secondary school. He flipped like this, probably until the age of 14. He ended up calling a council meeting with his siblings, and they all discussed what he wanted to do in life and what he wanted to be. His sister ended up supporting him unanimously and said that if he wanted to do that, they would help him get his dreams. This might’ve been one of the few times that they didn’t tie him down and put lipstick on him.

Youth Career Review

[Image: Leon-Draisaitl.jpg]

Team: Cologne Lions
Germany Elite Junior League

At the age of 15, he played for the Cologne Lions in the Germany elite junior league. This was his first year of competitive hockey, and boy was he ever nervous to start out. For the first few games of the season, you could definitely tell that he was a little bit nervous and his legs were a little bit shaky on the ice. After the first handful of games, he finally found his stride. Cologne was one of the better teams in the league, and it always had some of the best players. Being a rookie on this team means you have to earn the roles a lot more than anywhere else. He knew that going into this, so that is why, despite him trying more than ever, and not moving up that fast, he didn’t get that angry.  Sure, it was a bit disappointing to have really good games and then always stay in the same spot, but he wondered if he worked hard enough he would continue to climb. Cologne finished the season 30W - 17L - 5OTL and Wolf managed to get 16 goals, 17 assists and 33 points in 52 games played while managing to land 67 hits.

52 GP, 16 Goals, 17 Assists, 33 Points, -2 +/-, 67 Hits, 19SB

Team: Cologne Lions

His sophomore season with the cologne lions, and it went exactly as expected. He had trained incredibly hard this entire off-season, only taking two weeks off to go on vacation with his family somewhere warm and tropical. He was the second person back on the ice for training camp. You could absolutely see the hunger in the wharf size when he lined up at the face-off circle for the first game of the season. That hunger lasted all season with only a few short moments of inconsistencies throughout the entire regular season. The Cologne Lions showed their claws and teeth as they managed to finish second in the league with a record of. 39-11-2. Wolf was a huge reason for the Lions success this season as he managed to tally 21 goals, 27 assists for 48 points in 52 games. He also took a little bit out of Leon’s playbook and threw a whopping 84 hits down this season. The Lions ended up losing out in the finals to the first place team in Berlin.
52 GP, 21 Goals, 27 Assists, 48 Points, +17 +/-, 84 Hits, 28 SB

Team:
His third and final season of eligibility in the German elite junior league, and he knew this was the season that he had to step things up as much as he cared to show the scouts in the NHL, VHL and SHL what he was made of. Of course, despite all of these prestigious, high-level, ranking leagues, his eyes and heart were set on the SHL. The puck dropped, and the action got underway, and the fire started for the entire league. Things were just hotter this season for whatever reason and it definitely was for the Cologne Lions and König Wolf as well. Cologne fight the entire season, and barely broke a sweat. It seems. While that is just simply an expression they worked their asses off and managed to get first place in their division, conference, and the entire league. They achieved a final report card of A+ on the season, sporting a record of 42-7-3. König Wolf increased his draft stock by an incredible amount has he tossed the puck to the back of the net 37 times in 52 games. When you add on 51 assists for 88 points and a bone crushing 87 hits, you can see why he was a finalist for the leagues MVP award (he got 3rd in voting). The team went all the way to the finals, where they would lose out to the Hamburg Winterhawks in 5 games.
STATS
52 GP, 37 Goals, 51 Assists, 88 Points, 19 +/-, 87 Hits, 35 SB

Wolf’s Prospect Review and Draft Analysis

PROS & CONS
PROS

1. He’s Fast - König Wolf might always be one of the fastest players on your team. He excels in the trade of skating and has legs of wolf that can run and never stop. He has an elite edge and good agility that’s able to have him do high maneuvering and deking at fast speeds. Work super hard on his footing. He is one of those guys that loves to be skated hard at practice.
2. The guy loves to the score. He has an absolute bottom of a shot with the accuracy of a magician/sniper combination. He has one of the hardest, most natural restaurants we’ve ever seen then he recently won the most accurate, shooting at the Germany Elite Junior hockey league.
3. Loyalty is a big treat for this player and it’s so big that we decided to move away from his players statistics and attributes, and go towards his personal ones. If you’re willing to work with this player they’re willing to work with you. If you got a good team, or you’re at least building in the right direction, they will always stick around. They always want to be a hometown boy. They want someone that believes in them. I think if the duo between player and team are good, there’s a lifetime partnership to be had.

CONS
1. Needs to work on his defence a little bit. He gets so excited about scoring and hopping up on the rush, but he sometimes forgets that he has another job too. Although he is not 100% liability, this portion of the game can definitely be improved if he wants to win some championships in the future and be the complete full package player he has potential to be.
2. Using his size has been an issue for him. While he does land, some pretty solid hits, we feel like he can do it a lot more and that he’s not playing to his full potential when it comes to utilizing his size. He has a big frame, and aggressive attitude, and isn’t afraid to get into the silly stuff after the whistle blows. However, he is just a little too easy to be bumped off the puck given his size. Coach is gonna have to strengthen him up and practice.
3. Passing. Here little piggy, piggy, piggy. Where are you my little puck hog?  We all remember that one kid when we used to play hockey when we were younger and they didn’t pass. Was he good? Sometimes. Did it fucking piss you off when he didn’t pass? Fuck yes it did. Did piss off your buddies when he wouldn’t pass? Fuck yeah dude. Wolf needs to learn that he doesn’t have to do it by himself. He has the skill to do it? But often puts too much on his shoulders and he can wear him down. Don’t be afraid to let your teammates help out.

Player Analysis and Draft Thoughts

When trying to do a draft analysis, you want to ensure that you were being fair without bias, so that you’re giving the general managers and the fans of the league, the most accurate information and ratings. We look at all sorts of things from the post on the forum, how many dollar bills they have hanging out in the bank, what they like to eat for breakfast in the last movie they cried in to determine just how good the player is going to be what the potential of that is that actually happening. A lot of science is involved in this process, and it is afterwards followed by a player rating, using one of our amazing, metric systems that is top-secret.

For König Wolf, we really hope a lot of teams  Reach out to this young player, give him a chance, and just have a good conversations with him. I think there was a lot of built-up perceptions very very very long ago for the agency, but those aren’t anymore. I think they’re full teams had a discussion with this player they would rank them fairly high on their list. Not only do you get a player that’s going to be loyal to your team, but you’re also going to get a player that Max earns and is flexible to building their player to help the team. He has a lot of money in the bank so he’s not gonna have an issue getting the best of training and he might even be able to get a little bit better of equipment too.

With the player, you’re gonna get a fascinating, hard-hitting goal, score that strong on the puck, and can help you win games. Eventually, they’re going to focus on their defensive game and ensure that their defensive positioning stick checking and hitting are all up to par. I easily think that they’re going to be one of the top 10 players out of the upcoming SMJHL draft, and very well the same for the SHL draft. managers and scouts, do not overlook this player.

TPE: 165
MONEY: 39,000,000

How the rating works:
The player rating is based off scientific principles that the ESS have created in a laboratory in Denmark. 1 – 10 is the overall rating or maximum skill level that we believe a player can achieve. 1 is an absolute bust that will never become anything, 10 being the Wayne Gretzky of the SHL.. the Ron Mexico of my days if you will… A-F is going to be their potential rating and the likelihood that we think they have on reaching their overall potential and maximum skill level.

Below are two player ratings. One is for the SMJHL entry draft projection, and the secondary one is going to be a projection for the future for the SHL entry draft.

Player Ratings:
9.5A (SMJHL)
9.25B (SHL)

** Thank you to anyone that took the time to read this. Quite the word count as a chase. That beautiful SHL virtual dollar.  If at any time, you would like to see something added to the articles or anything like that, please comment below. I hope you have a great rest of your day!! GO SHL GO!**

Quote:3,023 words

Germany Scarecrows

I was really hoping to play alongside you for once. Damn, maybe next recreate.

Good luck Banackock I looked forward to our battles over the next few seasons.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

05-21-2023, 11:07 AMspidey Wrote: I was really hoping to play alongside you for once.  Damn, maybe next recreate.

Good luck Banackock I looked forward to our battles over the next few seasons.

Who knows what the SHL future has in store for us. Either way, one way or another, we'll meet on the ice. Cheers

Happy that we were able to get you in STL!

Sadly, I can't hope to get you in the SHL again with no first pick :(

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]