Create Account

S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

PBE affiliate

Prompt 1:

Wait, what?! This is all just make believe?! Am I in the matrix or something like that?? What do you mean my whole existence is solely dependent on some keyboard warrior nerd who likes to LARP online pretending to be a professional hockey player?? This is all too much, however, I did have a strange feeling about all this once I came into the league, I don't remember my childhood, mother, father, or any aspect of growing up. My entire life has been playing hockey in the SMJHL/SHL, I don't remember how I got here, and now you are telling me my mere existence is just a figment of someone's imagination, a bunch of 1's and 0's on a server somewhere? At least, I can find some solace knowing that there is no such thing as free will in this life, everything has been planned out for me carefully, even the abrupt ending, whether it be 1 season or 20 seasons from now. I hope our merciful overlords will continue to be kind to us and look after all those who are under their care in the SHL.

194 words

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

As I scrolled through the depths of the internet, a disconcerting truth unfurled before my eyes. I stumbled upon a website, a virtual haven for hockey enthusiasts, where I discovered detailed information about myself, my teammates, and our on-ice exploits. The realization struck me with the force of a slap shot to the chest: I was nothing more than a fictional entity, existing solely within the digital confines of this website.

Nausea churned within me as I grappled with the implications. My dreams, aspirations, and accomplishments were all dependent on the whims of this website's servers. My very existence hinged on their continued operation, like a fragile thread dangling above the abyss.

Acceptance settled in, an uneasy peace I had to make with my newfound reality. I could resent this revelation or embrace it, and I chose the latter. This virtual world became my stage, and I would leave an indelible mark upon it.

With each passing moment, I understood that my career goals were intertwined with the favor of a mysterious fourth-dimensional Entity. Its power over point tasks became the arbiter of my success or failure. But I would not succumb to helplessness. Instead, I'd give my all, skating with passion, and pouring my heart into every virtual game.

The knowledge that my existence rested in the delicate balance of servers and a capricious Entity ignited a fire within me. I would defy the limitations of my ethereal existence, inspiring the fans who followed my journey, and leaving an unforgettable legacy in the hearts of those who cheered me on.

I choose to embrace my existence, for even if my reality is confined to a website, my dreams and aspirations are boundless.
(287 Words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Miguel Hefeweizen is at home, minding his own business, when his agent calls. His agent asks him if he has ever heard of a simulated hockey league. Miguel has not, but that seems at least mildly intriguing. So Miguel logs onto the internet and takes a gander. It seems a bunch of nerds have made simulated hockey players, using real hockey players, including himself, as likenesses. As well as all sorts of things including animals, anime characters, and various pop culture icons. They then organize their players into team where they compete using a computer simulator, as well as a contrived system used to make their player better. Miguel is intrigued, and creates a player. Not to be too vain, he intentional creates a player not using himself as the representation. He is active for a while, and has quite a bit of fun. He does enjoy some good shit talking with the other players. Then the real hockey season comes and he forgets about the league and his player goes IA forever.
173 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Code:
Prompt 2: Graphic Task

-----

[Image: 5z714U1.png]

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

I am a fictional character? As in I don't exist? So what? I exist here and that is all that matters to me. Some loser in another plane of existence who is not a professional hockey player dreamed me to life so they could satisfy their dreams and escape their sad reality. Maybe I'm being too harsh on my creator. For without them, I would not exist. Thank you almighty original Jobin. I am terrible because of you. Why did you make me just top never update me? Do you not realize that I could have been great? What the hell. Now I just drag my team down to the depths of shittiness with me. You could at least care a little to use the money you've amassed and buy me some damn training. FUCK! Either do something with me or don't, this in the middle shit is killing me. Love you.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

PT Pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]

Vaseline Podcalzone is already going through a lot of existential things at this point in his career. Knowing that he's probably already reaching that latter half of his SHL playing days has already given him a good handful of unpleasant and intrusive thoughts, but upon finding out through some sheer fever dream or whatever that his very existence is nothing more and nothing less than that of a simulation has really sent him on a spiral.

As a result, Vaseline Podcalzone has oscillated between periods of absolute nihilism and periods that can really be summarized by the term, "fuck it, we ball". Realizing that since this is all a simulation and that there is no shame, he has decided to invest recklessly in a large share of Starbucks. That's right, Vaseline Podcalzone is now a minority owner of the Starbucks coffee company. He also has decided to stop caring as much about media pressers and is now trying to complete pressers using haiku.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]

Prompt 1: Mats Marner had always been a passionate hockey player. From a young age, he dreamt of playing in the SHL, winning championships, and becoming a legendary figure in the sport. He trained hard, honed his skills, and dedicated his life to hockey. He believed that his destiny was tied to the ice, the roar of the crowd, and the thrill of the game.

But one day, while browsing the internet, Marner stumbled upon a peculiar website dedicated to hockey enthusiasts. As he delved deeper into the site, he noticed something strange. People were discussing his career, analyzing his stats, and even predicting his future performance. It was as if he was a character in a story, subject to the whims and opinions of these online users.

Curiosity turned to bewilderment, and soon, Jonathan came across a discussion thread titled "The Simulation Hockey League." Intrigued, he clicked on it, unaware of the shocking revelation that awaited him. The thread was filled with comments discussing the existence of players like him as mere fictional entities, creations within the confines of the website. This absolutely destroyed Marner.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Prompt 2:
Shnopple Lopple is a chill person and gets excited when others even talk about him let alone make a player after him. Shnopple would get ecstatic to find out someone has made a version of him. Shnopple would reach out to the person who made a character of him to say how much he appreciates the support and attention. He might even decide to create his own character and play in the same sim league as his fan. Shnopple would ask if they wanted a special photo of himself to use as a player render for the character. Shnopple might even try to meet up with the person who made the character to take them out to a fancy diner. Shnopple might even follow the fan on a social media of some sort. Shnopple likes to get to know his fans and get as close as possible to them as it feels special to him.

155 words

Prompt 2

When an intern informed M’Baku Olubori that a fan had created a version of him for an online sim league, he laughed (a jolly All Might laugh, not a “I’m better than you” laugh). The intern, scared out of his mind, changed the subject and ran back to help with the communications team. Later, after practice Baku found him and asked some more questions. He was flattered by this, and the thought of suing never crossed his mind (for his agent, however... the thought was there). Baku would never want to create his own player, but he would ask this intern about the league from time to time. He learned later that another user had him as their “render” which was an odd concept for our gorilla-loving hockey player. In a great coup for the intern, he agreed to sit for a few interesting photos that the intern could use to make sick sigs for the other user. People on the sim league asked how he got those photos, but the intern refused to answer the question.

In the end, Baku put in a good word and the intern got a fulltime job with the Platoon. Good guy Olubori strikes again.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Hey Jacques it's me TheHammer43. I have some pretty tough news to break to you and you might want to sit down for this one, *Jacques sits down* Jacques do you know what a simulation is? "Of course, I do" Okay well here goes nothing. Jacques, you are in a simulation... *Jacques has a blank stare* You play hockey in a simulation and I am your "caretaker" I guess that would be the best way to explain, I basically make you better every week. "So you mean to tell me that you control everything I do?" Essentially yes, I do tasks and earn imaginary money so I can make you a better hockey player by updating your stats every week. *Jacques lowers his head in disbelief" "This can't be real....I don't know what to think" I mean in all reality you can still live your normal life the only difference between then and now is that you found out that you live in a simulation, you can live like anyone else it just sucks knowing that you are technically not real.

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

PT pass

[Image: zN6tB52.png]