Create Account

S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

Time for me to get on the ice. Wait, what ice? You’re telling me this ice isn’t real? It’s just pixels on the screen? In a game. On a computer. Regarding a league which also takes place on the computer. I’m not real? My teammates aren’t real? This is crazy. Downright absurd. I’ll take my mind off of this insane realization by doing my tasks. Wait, I don’t do my tasks either? It’s just some user named RainDelay. My teammates don’t do tasks and train either. It’s all fictional. Inactive Forever? He’s some dude named Kit. Thomas Liebold? He’s just a guy named Hungy Fella. I refuse to believe this is all real. Or fake. I mean the realization. I still can’t process it. Can I even process anything at all? Do I even have the ability to process? Ugh! I can’t take it! I guess I’ll resign myself to it and simply say “Go Whalers!”

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Prompt 1

Mick Mayhem's realization that he was a fictional character in a make-believe hockey league on the internet for nerds came as a surprising revelation. At first, he couldn't fathom the idea that his entire existence revolved around a virtual world created by people on the internet. However, as he contemplated the implications, Mick found himself embracing his unique circumstances.

Real people are overrated, but imaginary hockey players on the internet are much more fun and interesting, and Mick Mayhem is the best of the best. Mayhem is free to transcend the boundaries of reality and become a symbol of greatness for those to enjoy pretend hockey on the internet.

Embracing his status as a fictional character, Mick Mayhem embarked on a remarkable journey, electrifying the virtual ice and capturing the hearts of countless fans. He recognized that in the end, it was the passion, dedication, and shared love for the game that truly mattered, whether in the realm of reality or within the captivating virtual universe he now called home. He also wears a loin cloth under his pretend hockey uniform.

Prompt #1

When your player hears about this news, at first glance it may not seem like anything, mainly because he will be too busy to notice that anything has changed with his worldview. However, once the reality kicks in, first he's not going to believe it and second once he does believe it he'll be a bit freaked out, knowing that he doesn't have true free will and thus will want to figure out how to best please his master. Once he realizes he can't actually talk to the master (or at least not in ways either side can understand) he'll feel more at peace with the situation and know that ultimately everything he does is out of his control. This will allow him to play more freely and thus have a higher chance of success (or at least that's what the sim engine would tell him probably) He'll also want to tell his friends and anyone he can confide in to try to interpret this new information but unfortunately everyone else will be as befuddled as he is, not helping his cause at all. This will also get him to resign himself in knowing that there's nothing he can do to try to understand this new reality of his and thus just go out there and have fun.

Code:
218 words

My player would feel honored that someone will try te replicate him in a fictional world. A Simulated Hockey League sounds fun! You can do a lot of things that a real-life person cannot do in the real life.
I just hope that that person will try his best to be good like me haha! I don't know if the person will also copy where I came from and play for Team Canada, or he will be lucky to have a Team Québec in the league... Always important to represent your origins when you can. I know playing from Texas is not really like Québec, but we have a good bunch of Francos, and I wish the person who created another me will find a team that he can call home even if it's not Québec.

If I can reach this person, I will be glad to give him some pictures or insight of my life to make it a bit more realistic.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Playing hockey at the highest level is always fun and it comes with having fans and people following your career. I think everyone has fans that can sometimes be a little over the top, but everyone deals with it in their own way and it’s a sign of admiration in the end. However, there was this one fan who was a little TOO obsessed with my career. He used to ask me really strange questions, like where I grew up, how I would put my equipment on, how long before a game I use the bathroom, etc.

The questions got weirder and I kind of stopped answering them. Once I stopped he seemed to have gone away for a while, until I saw him at another one of my games, but he was eerily chill this time. Said hi, wanted a picture and walked away. A few weeks go buy and I get an email linking to this random website where I see I am created. All my measurements, back story, picture of me loaded into this engine and some fake hockey cards. I seemed to have done decently well at least, but let’s hope I don’t run in to any strange people moving forward.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Prompt 1: This would have normally become a day like any other for Furious Chicken. After a WJC hockey match which team World lost to team Ice causing team World and thus Furious Chicken to be knocked out of the WJC tournament, Furious Chicken came to a sudden realization. Isn’t it strange that there were teams like “World” and “Ice” in this tournament. Chicken then started thinking about some strange things, how come it there are only 4 ice hockey league, with the SHL being the only primary team league. Why weren’t there any real memories of his life and/or ice hockey skills before the initial weeks before the S70 SJHML draft. Chicken could only remember a small part of his childhood, and of course his time watching the SHL. Then came another big remembrance, he was a chicken playing hockey, and he was mostly about the physical game. Chickens should have hollow bones that break easily, Ice hockey would normally be a death sentence to a chicken, or any bird for that matter. The more Chicken started thinking the more this world felt ever so small, and ever so strange. Eventually all these oddities led him to only 1 conclusion. This world must not be so real as he first felt. Once he found it out the puzzles pieces came together, most of his memories being the hockey, and for the time outside of hockey there were only a few memories. Now Chicken needed to come to the acceptance that it was very likely this whole world, and thus himself were not actually real, but just fictional characters in some kind of simulation. Once thinking more about it Chicken did find out one thing. This simulation wasn’t that bad, he could do ice hockey something no normal chicken would ever be able to do, and he was able to play his hobby, ice hockey a lot more than any normal person would be able to do.

325 words

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

If Duncan Mackenzie realized he was in a simulation and he was dependent on some weird 4th Dimension Entity to get better at hockey, he would immediately begin looking for ways to hack the system and cheat the simulation. He would look for the code in the Matrix so to speak. He would realize that, if this is a simulation, then everything that happens on the ice is based on some algorithm that exists in the background. if that is the case, it can be figured out and everything about his play could be optimized. Maybe he sees the patterns on the ice. He find himself always in the right place at the right time for an interception or body check. He would learn exactly where and when to shoot to get goals. He would use every bit of analytical brainpower to come to terms with the truth and use that to his advantage.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

The off season is nearly done and Boots is taking his last trip from home back to Texas to stay with the team. While at the airport, Boots runs into a very excited fan who tells him all about a "fake hockey league" that they are a member of and how they created a player and used their likeness for their "player". It took Boots a while to process this. He signed a hockey card for them and got a photo as he enjoys time with fans but during his flight he started to think more about it. 

"Why would someone use my likeness for a fake league? What is a fake league? Why not just play hockey? Were other players likenesses being taken as well? Should we be concerned? Or is this all just fun?" 

Before he knew it, Boots was landing in Texas. Boots debated on bringing it up to his teammates and how they'd feel about it, but instead decided on appreciating the fan who brought it all up for just being a great fan and never though much of it again.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

My player has always known that the SHL was a simulation. Being a cat was his first sign. Having a lavish multi million dollar apartment and being a cat living in it was the first give away. Not only did it have a human bed but with the press of a paw it could turn into a cat bed was kind of wild. Also when going to the rink and everyone being normal to a cat was his second clue. When he walks into the locker room and turns into a humanoid cat, that was definitely a sign. Honestly he was okay with it. Being a pro hockey player means that there is health care benefits, food provided for you, apartments etc. Honestly living in a simulation like this was pretty nice. Also meeting with GMs and other people, there is a future for him. He knows that he is not just going to get deleted when his career is over. So he knows that this life will be a nice life, even if it is virtual. Meow!

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Prompt 2:

If Ryosuke Sato finds out that a superfan has created a persona of him on an online forum site, he would be absolutely flattered. It is always nice to see fans be fans of the team, but in particular himself. As a result, he would not likely do anything big to acknowledge it, rather he would show his appreciation through a message online publicly. This is just to show that he saw the fan and his work and finds it really cool that someone is a big enough fan to do something like that. The message would likely include that if the fan is ever in town to watch one of his games, Sato would be happy to offer free tickets as well as a free signed jersey! Nothing too much more or else others would be trying to get the same treatment, but since this fan is the first that Sato saw, he deserves some form of recognition!

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2023, 03:20 PM by Hungy Fella. Edited 1 time in total.)

Thomas Liebold was really living his life up to the fullest, after his first season in the SMJHL he was on the top of the world, he was nominated for SMJHL Rookie of the Year and everyone in Vancouver knew it. Liebold would go to bars and get free drinks all night, all the most attractive girls would fall all over him and he got recognized constantly in public. Everything started to fall apart one day when he got drugged one night and began hallucinating. during the hallucination he began to see hundreds of aliens who all started telling him that we were all in a simulation and the world was not real. after he came to his senses and stopped hallucinating he began to see tons of posts on social media about how nothing is real and were all living in a simulation inside of a computer. he was shocked but accepted it because he realized there was nothing he could do to stop it or get out of the simulation and just hoped the servers wont shut down

PBE affiliate 
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=585807

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]

Prompt 1:

Upon Beck discovering that his entire existence is a lie, he promptly went to Walmart, bought a gun, aimed it towards the sky and tried to shoot down the ceiling tiles and lights that were purported to be attached to the dome. After that failed, he went back home and watched The Matrix to see if he could find a way out of this phony reality. Finding that he was not the Chosen One, he then proceeded to lay in bed and miss practice for a week. Would he tell his teammates? Why bother? It would probably just make them depressed too! Eventually, after two weeks of missed practice, a full beard, and an angry call from the GM, Marcel dragged himself to practice and tried to forget about the entire thing. Luckily, the devs soon hit "reset" on his memory so all is now well and jolly again. Maybe we are all in the Matrix?

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Prompt #1

If DAD knew that he was part of a fictionnal world, he would kinda think that this is normal. In fact, DAD is a fan of conspirations theories and in his free times, he likes to read about some of these theories. He's also a member of a conspiration blog. DAD is not a conspiracy theorist in itself, but he finds these theories pretty interesting and he likes to learn about them and how they are accurate or not at all. Anyways, DAD would think that this is another conspiracy theory and he will definitely go to his blog and see if anyone is talking about this. DAD always thought that he it could be possible that he was part of a Matrix and that they all lived in a simulation. If the finctionnal world appeared to be true, DAD would definitely thought that every conspiracy theory could be true and that everything in his life is a lie.

[Image: dad.png]

David-Arturri Donskoi
Regina Elk
Hey I'm DAD can I adopt you?

PROMPT 2
Discovering that someone had created a fictional character based on me would start a whirlwind of emotions within me. First and foremost, I would feel a sense of surprise and intrigue. The realization that someone had taken the time and effort to recreate my persona in a virtual world dedicated to the sport I love would be both flattering and fascinating. Curiosity would fuel my desire to delve deeper into this online sim-league and explore the details surrounding my fictional counterpart. I would eagerly want to know how accurately the character embodies my skills, style of play, and personality traits. The thought of observing this digital version of myself in action would undoubtedly be thrilling. However, alongside the excitement I would wonder about the intentions behind creating this fictional character. Is it a tribute from a dedicated fan, or a mere attempt to mimic my achievements for personal gain? These questions would trouble in my mind, prompting a mixture of caution and intrigue. Regardless of the motivations behind it, I would ultimately feel grateful for the recognition. To have left a strong enough impression on someone to inspire them to recreate me in a simulated hockey world is a testament to the impact I have made in the sport. It would serve as a reminder of the hard work, dedication, and passion that have propelled me to where I am today.

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)