Create Account

S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

Prompt 1

Well Dusty Rhodes has come to the sad realization that due to the piece of crap sim engine we use he will never be what he was intended to be. And that hit him very hard. He is very aware that he has perhaps not been training properly as much anymore and his equipment funds have dried up so he's having to use older gear at this point. That was probably when he realized he was a figment of someone's imagination. And the fact that that person is fast losing interest in investing in him anymore has made it tough for him to interact with his teammates as he knows at any moment he could be done forever. So he just keeps plodding along as best he can, hoping beyond hope that he starts to play as he was created to so it will spark renewed interest in his creator. And he does not want to go gentle into that good night.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

pbe pt

[Image: abby_1.jpg]

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

[Image: 6eVg1pG.png]

As a young man I took my fair share of psychedelic drugs. Ate some shrooms a few times, tried peyote once, dropped a ton of acid. Fair to say I've tripped out more than most. However, I have not done any psychedelics in twenty eight years. At a certain point I felt I'd journeyed far enough down the path to self discovery and was in danger of crossing over into ouroboros style navel gazing.

Recently though, now an older and hopefully wiser man, I decided the time was ripe to revisit the far side of the moon and see what was now lurking within the inner recesses of my psyche. With spring's arrival and the beautiful weather it has brought, a weekend camping excursion at a local pond seemed just the ticket.

I drove out and set up camp, making sure to have everything squared away and set up before beginning my soul journey. I then smoked a j (take it from me, a big key to a good trip) and dropped two hits of acid.

As I began to feel my consciousness vibrate at a different level for the first time in decades, I was excited and open to the universe. As I really began to peak I began hiking around the lake's edge.

I soon realized I wasn't alone in my walk. I had been joined by a very tall and super fly man dressed for a seventies disco and definitely not a nature walk. Being in a state of acceptance and whimsy I welcomed this apparition and struck up a conversation.

Well, I soon realized the man next to me was none other than Walt "Clyde" Frazier. Not the real man and Knick's legend mind you, but my SHL player named in his honor.

Walt seemed mildly perplexed by his arrival, but played it cool as is his fashion in all things. We enjoyed a beautiful walk for hours and wound up back at the camp sitting in front of a fire and sharing another joint.

We discussed life the universe and everything. Apparently, the answer is 42, but I can't remember why. We talked being and non being, form, function and the value of purely artistic merit.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

If my player were to find out someone created a version of himself in an online sim league he would judge harshly. To spend your free time on a pretend hockey league on the internet? It's embarrassing. He couldn't begin to imagine the kind of people who would do that. Gotta be a bunch of nerds. But on a real note, I would be super interested to see how a real NHL player would react to the concept of an online simulation hockey league. Would they be interested in joining themselves? Or do they brush it off as nerdy or whatever? Like I think I would genuinely be intrigued and probably check it out. But at the same team it would be weird hanging out in an online community with a bunch of fans. I also wonder how we as a sim league community would react if we had an NHL player in the league. That would be interesting to see as well

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

Code:
PROMPT 2: Your player has either been informed or discovered personally that some nerd-ass fan has created a version of themselves in an online sim league.

WRITTEN TASK: Tell me how your player reacts to this information. Do they give the fan an exclusive selfie to use as their sig? Do they sue for likeness abuse? Do they create a player themselves just to see what it's like?

I would be honored to find out that a fan liked me enough to base an entire character on me in an online fantasy league, even if the league meant nothing. I love all my fans, and to hear that I have one that liked me this much would be incredible. I would absolutely take a selfie with them and would for sure be willing to help them out. I would even want to invite them to a game and give them glass seats to watch the Argos in action! Wouldn’t want to get too crazy though, just hope they aren’t some kind of serial killer or something…or some crazy stalker…on second thought never mind. I would still be honored, but they would need to keep their distance. At least until I can figure out what kind of person they are and don’t want to kill me and wear my skin or something like that.

155 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

It is quite a well known fact that there are fans of Nash out there that are so extreme that they would create an online sim persona for a "simulation hockey league" I think that they are constantly requesting pictures of nash year after year to use as a stipulation in a signing contract thread. They write all these silly prompts about how Nash is the greatest hockey player and some have even voted for them to be the best rookie of the year this upcoming season. I wouldn't put it past them because when its all said an done, Nash is a pretty cute and great dog. Who wouldn't want to be them? We have all seen the air bud movie series and I think its time to crown a new sporst animal king. Who is better to do that than the most adorable pomsky out there. The one and only Nash.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Tell me how your player came to this realization and how they respond to the knowledge that their existence depends on this site's servers not going down, and their career goals depend mostly on the fourth-dimensional Entity's willingness to keep doing point tasks.

Well Dusty realizes how i got named Dusty and how he even has a family in the first place. Thanks to this creator making his story for him and this idea of the player he Is. He starts to realize that the very existence of himself all depends on when they play games or when i write a story (stories aren't written often by me) He handles It okay as still can accept It as It's pretty cool to him to be someones dream, but It does bother him that It's really not real for him. He still moves on and just asks me to make him a better defender. Cup or nothing right buddy? I agree. maybe im the Dusty Wilson and I'm in the real simulation

Overall though Dusty will continue on with his career till the end till his bones decay! His simulated bones of course! heck yes

[Image: Dusty_new_sig_with_the_pride.png]

Written Task 1:

I dont know if you can immediately assume that this was a ‘horrible’ realization. After finding this information out the bar immediately drops, he can do whatever he wants without any actual consequences. And as a true fake professional it makes it so that he is extremely relaxed in all situations and can focus on just the real fake hockey. He also knows that his existence is not limited to only the shl forums. His creator has added several levels of multiple-factor existence so one mess up like that isnt enough to hurt him. Ideally he would like to leverage himself into the fake hockey NFT space while it is still unknown. Forcing the SHL to pay money for his usage rights which he can then use to buy the server and own his own existence. Throw in some artificial intelligence into the mix and we have a recipe for a really great time. I hope that some day we are able to have VR integration so that me and Adrian can connect on a more physical level. Until then we will just have to suffice with our hopes and dreams of getting a hot fake hockey wife and a nice fake hockey family to live in our nice fake hockey mansion.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

PROMPT 2

Inactive forever is not a violent or angry man but when he found out about a weirdo nerd named kit on some random website cosplaying about him he was furious. and the worst part of all of this is the guy roleplaying as him is doing it all wrong. In the real world Forever lives by his name, it is his mantra and his motto he is not active at all, in every sense of the word inactive forever is inactive forever. But kit appears to not only be active, but hes not committing to the forever part! sometimes he will be inactive sometimes he will be active, and sometimes hell even be this thing called "semi active" whatever that means. But the thing is, while forever is furious, he's not really going to do anything about it because well, that would mean being active. And thats just not something he will do

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

PBE Affiliate

[Image: crunksig2.png]

Red Kirkby of the Philadelphia Forge in the simulation hockey League which is entering its seventy first season since its inception was one day surfing the internet like he likes to do on his days off away from practice with the rest of the team when he came across a very curious website. It was a website that was for a fake online hockey League that was played out using a simulation engine. At first he though it was pretty cool and it piqued his interest so he decided to take a deeper look and perhaps if he liked it then he would create his own player. However to his horror not only was some random nerd using his likeness as his player he was also brazenly using Red's actual name as well. The stunning lack of originality completely caught Red off guard and he more or less decided at that moment that the simulation hockey League was not for him and closed the website forever.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Tiberius Kane leans closer to the monitor. "What am I looking at here?" A finger snaps into view. "There, sir".

"That's me."

"Sir."

"What of it?"

"Well, it's not really you you."

"Of course not"

"He's pretending to be you"

"Right. People do that every day"

"We pay those people to do that"

"He's not one of us?"

"Not that we can tell"

"As long as he's spreading the good word"

"He's not"

"He's not?"

"No, sir."

"What's he doing?"

"Shitposting"

"Shitposting?"

"Shitposting."

"I dont understand"

"It's a colloquial term from this era. Essentially, it's just nonsense"

"So he's posting shit."

"In a manner of speaking"

"What manner?"

"The figurative kind"

"Well then say that"

"Sir."

A long moment held in the air, perforated by agitated tapping on the desk.

"Well..."

"Sir?"

"What do we do?"

"There's not much we can do. This 'shl' appears to deny our sovereignty and has rejected our repeated requests to ban this user"

"Then why are you showing it to me?"

"I thought you'd want to know"

"Well now I do!"

"Great. Sir."

"No, no no. Not great!"

"Not great?"

"Not great!"

"my apologies"

"It's like telling me I look fat from the back, there's nothing I can do about that. It's going to drive me insane"

"Are you.... *ahem*"

"Excuse me?"

"Nevermind, sir."

"Indeed"

Another long moment. A throat is cleared

"Well I better...get back to...it. Sir."

"Be on your way"

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Prompt 1

For his entire life Andren had trained hard. He worked his ass off to get where he was, drafted into the big leagues and moving up with his life. He'd finally be able to provide for his family, his girlfriend, his dog. It was all coming together until one day It hit him like a hip check. When he got onto the ice late in the season, he suddenly felt more aggressive, far more aggressive then he'd ever been in his life. It was like someone had just upped his on the ice aggressiveness by a huge amount and suddenly he was the most violent man on the ice. He'd always been chippy but now, now he was a being aggressive for the sake of it.

Andren put it all together then, why all that skating never did anything but suddenly he'd hit better or how he now knew how to defend better but he'd been running power play drills for the last two weeks. It happened once a week, he'd get better at something seemingly random as he was shaped by whomever had control of him. He hoped that would continue; that he would continue to improve and whatever they needed to do, they kept doing. He was obviously connected to this entity so now he'd pray a little bit every time he stepped onto the ice that whomever was managing his hockey career was satisfied not to do anything drastic, like force him to retire or that whatever allowed him to his career continued. After a time, he accepted it. The entity was benevolent. He WAS getting better as a player and really, that's all he could ask for.

281 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Nibbles has always prioritized his fans in any thing that he has done. He understands that being a squirrel and playing hockey at a professional level is not a normal occurrence and that he needs to understand that some people will geek out about that more than others. When he was presented with the information that his likeness was being used in an online sim league he was honored and excited to see what the fan had done. Luckily he felt that the fan had done justice to just how great Nibbles was and there was nothing that was being done to hurt Nibble's image. In order to show the fan how honored he was he decided that it would be best to send him a personalized signature that he could flaunt to all of his sim league friends. Who knows, maybe in a season or two Nibbles might try creating in this online sim league just to give back to his fans!

Code:
163 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

Prompt 1:

Theo Kondos always had a sneaking suspicion that life was not how it looks in front of his eyes. How would be blessed with playing hockey for a living. Eating chicken fingers, and fried chicken day in and day out. Then some how having that addiction turn into him opening his own fried chicken joint. He felt like his life was too good to be true. When and if Kondos found out, he would accept it. Kondos believes he has lived a very good life, even if it was real. He was one of the fortunate people to live out a "dream". Knowing that his life could come to an end with the user disappearing, or the league falling apart does not scare Kondos. He is already an old man, and is looking into the next chapter of his life. He lived the best chapter, and can be happy with that. Knowing that another AI life is most likely out there, onto the next.

160+

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]