Create Account

S71 mPT #0: Starstruck

I would like to see the all star game have Pass Forfeit. Is this too much to ask for? Maybe all he needs to do is lead the defenseman scoring leaderboard. I'll give it a few seasons.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Code:
Your task: Tell us what you'd like to see from the All Star Game! What could get you invested, what could get you to tune in? There are no bad ideas!

I would say having the skills competition and having an all-star weekend could be some potential ideas to help the all-star game activity. Since regular season sims don't happen on Saturdays, the all-star festivities could happen during a dedicated weekend. 

@Tesla idea of a giveaway would help draw in more people to watch if they could potentially win something.

(59 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

i think one thing that could be an interesting addition to the all star game would be a skills competition and adding more players into the game. also there should be a between period show, possibly simulation Taylor Swift or Katy Perry

Player shoutouts! Special graphics! Special trading cards? I have a lot of ideas and no time to implement most of them but maybe we can find people who want money?

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Honestly? One of my favorite parts of all-star games from years past was that many took place in the NHL video games. Thew viewing experience and game are so much more entertaining, which made it a game that people wanted to be a part of.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

I definitely think the skill competitions are something that would really get me to watch. I just don't know how or if that would work in the sim.

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

If it's only about me tuning in: run the game at a Euro-friendly time, some time on the weekend. The main reason I never watch any sims is because they're on too late for us. The early ones I watch regularly (IIHF for example).

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

I would love to see, and I’m stealing this from something I’ve heard said many many times about college football and the NFL, the last place SHL team play the 4 Star Cup Winner. It would be fascinating to watch and lots of fun.

WC: 44 Words

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

I'm not able to tune into many sims, but maybe some sort of gambling thing (think prop bets) or predictions could make me care about it much more than I currently do.

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

I would like to see an alternative sim engine used for the all star game. Put it on NHL 23 or something to spice it up a bit.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

I dont know too much about the all-star stuff in hockey, but I think it'd be pretty cool to have skills contests, like the ones you see in the NBA. SImilar to the dunk contest idea, but you could do some sort of penalty shootouts but gotta make it fancy or something like that.

I was not actually aware that the SHL had an All-Star Game. Maybe that's on me. Almost definitely that's on me. I should pay closer attention. But anyway... perhaps greater publicity around the ASG itself and more visibility of the players who made the roster would improve user investment in the ASG as a product. You could do something special for 1st-time All-Stars, for example, and/or for players making their 5th, 10th, maybe even 15th? All-Star Game appearance. (Is 15 even possible?)

[Image: michiganshl.gif]

I would like to thank myself for doing me this favour. I really appreciate everyone who gave feedback on how to improve the all-star game experience, after all, we are here for the community's sake to make the whole thing more enjoyable for all. All feedback and ideas will be read, and don't be discouraged if some of your ideas don't make it, sometimes our ideas are limited by what we can do in the sim or the amount of work it takes the committee to fulfill some of these ideas.

I personally would like to see the allstar game switch to divisional teams and see a 4 team tournament for the all-star game. More teams = more all stars involved.

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

I can say one thing, I do not watch the All-Star Game Sims. The only way I would be watching the sims is if I would be playing, but we all know I'm not that good, right?

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

In order to make the all star game interesting for all, the skills competitions ran on NHL ESPN 2k5 were something that intrigued me back when I was first coming into the league

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]