Create Account

S71 mPT #0: Starstruck
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2023, 07:46 AM by leviadan. Edited 1 time in total.)

This season, I'm writing this task as a favor for friend and colleague @Eggcracker9 . You get TPE out of it, try not to complain too much.

Your task: Tell us what you'd like to see from the All Star Game! What could get you invested, what could get you to tune in? There are no bad ideas!

25 words minimum!

You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

This PT will close Sunday, May 28th at 11:59pm PST. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.

This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

This task is not made for me as someone who watches maybe one sim stream a month across all the three sim leagues I am in. That said one of the things that does tend to motivate me to tune in is the PBE giveaways where if so many people tune in then they do a giveaway. If there was something like if we break 100 watchers at any point during the stream then chirps will be worth double next week I would probably try to tune in for that.

Sorry to not be of any help, but good luck to you!

Code:
Word Count: 90

I don't watch many sims as I am somewhat busy, but one thing that could be interesting is highlighting players and talking about thier stats and hot they got to the All-Star game before it starts proper. That, and giveaways of course.

Code:
42 words

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Something about the abilities of some (less-known) players. After all, NHL all-star games are usually boring, the ability contest is what is fun and makes the event something special.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

I know I’m supposed to write my own and I am, but I’d like to echo the sentiments that Tesla posted above. If there was some sort of community engagement factor with a small reward, not asking for anything crazy, I’d very likely tune in to help contribute! For what it’s worth, I think the double chirps week is a fantastic idea, whether in concert with All Star Game or on its own.

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

I would tune into the all star game if there was a vest song competition. You know, each of the all stars gets up there and sings a song. It could be a funny song. It could be a serious song. It could be a ballad. If could be a rap. Show me what you got!

The skills competition that somebody did ~S59 in NHL Hitz (IIRC, but it feels wrong) looked rather cumbersome to set up, but were pretty cool to see. An updated version that maybe is a bit easier to manage, if possible, would be awesome!

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Lots of extra technology in the broadcast.  Live player speeds, shot speed, passing accuracy, goalie stats.  Everyone mic'd up so they can mix it and get a real feel for the game and what the players are saying to each other.  Bonus money for the best chirp of the game.

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

How about instead of a meaningless hockey game at the end of the season, we just turn it into an ice jousting tournament (image attached below).  There can only be one champion standing at the end.

I would like to see it removed. Just kidding, maybe add some elements like real life prize money for guys who get most points and goals and assists. It would be fascinating to see what the sim then does. Who is lucky and who isn't?

[Image: salming.png]

I think someone brought it up before, but I think a giveaway would be a pretty cool idea to get people looking and really watching the game. I haven't watched too many sims myself just based off the time it airs, but I do feel like giveaways is something that people would tune in for.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

More giveaways would be a start. I tend to focus more on the PBE with their sims because of this idea. Just keeps the viewers somewhat interested. Or a fight to the death? 
32 words

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]

i want to see a spectacle. i want to see pyros, tifos, fans getting drunk in the stands and coming up with creative chants. make this happen

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

I don't know if it is possible at all, but skill competitions would be pretty awesome! I usually watch the NHL's skill competition but skip the All-star game since it doesn't have any meaning for me.

Getting ready because there is only 364 days before the next hockey team selection   Renegades

[Image: Ggpmsvy.png]

I would like to see a 3 on 3 (plus goalies) tournament like in the NHL. I think it would be pretty wild to just see 8 dots on the screen and see all the high scoring action.

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: image.png]