Create Account

Championship Week Changes!
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2023, 07:40 AM by Zerg. Edited 2 times in total.)

Friends, Romans, hockey nerds, lend me your ears!

Championship Week is meant to be the climax of a season. As a celebration of the finalists' achievements and a way to keep the users on other teams invested in the playoffs, the opportunity to earn 16 TPE in one week made great sense as a season's capstone.

Unfortunately, Championship Week has gone stale. A preponderance of users have complained about the number of tasks due in a single week's time-frame, the level of effort required by a single event, the repetitiveness of the tasks, and so forth. Furthermore, Championship Week in its current form is a lot of work in a short time for the PT team, even more so than it is for the league's general public. We could all use a change of pace. While Championship Week isn't going anywhere...

It gives me great pleasure to announce a new event:

ALL-STAR WEEK

Championship Week will still occur during the week the season's finals are held. However, it will now be much more manageable for users with tight time constraints, with a maximum of 8 TPE available to be earned over fewer, more distinctive tasks. Championship Week tasks will primarily concern the season with a focus on the teams: the two finalists, your own team, and standings and surprises throughout the season. Trivia will still be part of Championship Week.

All-Star Week will occur the week immediately after Championship Week, and will also have a maximum of 8 TPE available. The tasks for this week will concern the season with focus on the players: your player, your teammates, and the All-Star Game invitees, as well as the game itself. There will NOT be a separate Trivia for All-Star Week. Milestones are now part of All-Star Week.

I hope this change will breathe some new life into the end-of-season experience for users, relieve the tedium previously inherent to Championship Week, and drive engagement with the All-Star Game itself - a sorely underappreciated event in our league. The same amount of TPE, 16, is still available, but it is now spread over two weeks and two events rather than crammed into one.

This change is effective as of this season 71.

My thanks go out to everyone who helped make All-Star Week a reality, and especially to @WithTheMoose, @Frenchie, @Eggcracker9, and @JURT.

FAQ:

- TPE inflation!?
    - No. You could earn 16 TPE before and you can earn 16 TPE now; you'll just do it in two weeks instead of one.
- But I had a CW pass! How could you do this to me!?
    - Never fear! Your CW pass has been permanently revoked!
    - And replaced with an Offseason Pass, which covers both events. Claim your Offseason Pass in both event threads to receive 8 TPE per event, for a total of 16 TPE.
- But what if my player didn't make the All-Star Game?
    - One of your teammates did. There will be a task option to sing your buddy's praises, and you'll still be able to write about your own player's season even if you didn't make the game.
- But I don't care about the All-Star Game!
    - One of the major objectives here is to give you a reason to. The ASG team and the Events team both put in a lot of work trying to make this event good; give them a chance and they might surprise you!
- What will the format look like?
    - Imagine CW, but shorter, and posted twice. Each event will have its own grab bag of four 50-word prompts and its own series of 150-word prompts. Only CW will have a Trivia task, and only ASW will have Milestones.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

quick someone tell me how to react

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

BUT MY CW PASS

..oh wait

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Is this All Star Week complete with a 3-Point Contest featuring known knockdown shooter Julius Randle?

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

I like this!

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

Love this! Thanks hos!

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Big fan of the changes! All star week was always underwhelming so it's nice to know it's getting involved!

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

OOOOhhhh I love this. Thanks!

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

-insert negative reaction here-

-insert positive reaction here-

touches grass

does the worm

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Do I still get a week off?

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Odd change I don’t believe was needed but okay then.

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

05-22-2023, 09:36 AMWearingabear Wrote: Do I still get a week off?

No you have to wait until the second week to do more tasks now.

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Sounds good to me

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Good change I like it!

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

05-22-2023, 09:56 AMKaleSalad Wrote: Odd change I don’t believe was needed but okay then.

sums up my feelings too. i get cw being a bit of a word dump but i kind of believe this change is unnecessary. maybe it's because i've been used to the same format for 5 years but not the biggest fan of this

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs