Create Account

Championship Week Changes!

you want me to post "GM Pass" TWICE???

IN TWO DIFFERENT THREADS?

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2023, 10:16 AM by sköldpaddor. Edited 1 time in total.)

always a fan of spicing things up!

also, for those in multiple leagues, I will point out that this may end up giving y'all two separate opportunities for an affiliate claim in one league or another without that "oh no there's no PTs in any other leagues this week" gap that us multi-league folks often suffer from.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

How strict will the graders be in enforcing the team vs player aspect of the two separate weeks? For example if I write a prompt mostly about my player rather than my team for the CW and a prompt mostly about my team rather than my player for ASW, will those prompts be denied for being off topic or is there a reasonable amount of wiggle room?

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Noiiiiice!

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

This is pretty cool!

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

05-22-2023, 10:28 AM.Laser Wrote: How strict will the graders be in enforcing the team vs player aspect of the two separate weeks? For example if I write a prompt mostly about my player rather than my team for the CW and a prompt mostly about my team rather than my player for ASW, will those prompts be denied for being off topic or is there a reasonable amount of wiggle room?

I'm assuming that unless it's wildly off-topic (like you're writing about Elon Musk's attempts at rocket launching when the question asked you to talk about your team's accomplishments or something) you'll probably be good, just the prompts themselves will be geared more towards these two angles. We've seen some pretty "creative" interpretations of prompts before in CW as is Laughing

05-22-2023, 10:28 AM.Laser Wrote: How strict will the graders be in enforcing the team vs player aspect of the two separate weeks? For example if I write a prompt mostly about my player rather than my team for the CW and a prompt mostly about my team rather than my player for ASW, will those prompts be denied for being off topic or is there a reasonable amount of wiggle room?

When I say "team vs player", I'm talking about the kind of prompts you should expect to see. As long as your response is vaguely on-topic it'll be accepted. We're not here to be dicks about this.

Example off the top of my head, if you pick a CW task asking about your team's highest point of the season, and your response is "that time our 3RW scored five goals in one game was pretty cool", that's totally fine!

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

So if a GM tampers a player, they will now lose the off-season pass instead of the championship week pass? Asking for a friend.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2023, 11:28 AM by sköldpaddor.)

05-22-2023, 11:23 AMCount Chocula Wrote: So if a GM tampers a player, they will now lose the off-season pass instead of the championship week pass? Asking for a friend.

Tamper Rules
You can't just be up there and just doin' a tamper like that.
1a. A tamper is when you
1b. Okay well listen. A tamper is when you tamper the
1c. Let me start over
1c-a. The GM is not allowed to do a motion to the, uh, player, that encourages the player to do, you know, just trying to leave the other team. You can't do that.
1c-b. Once the player is in the contract, the GM can't be over here and say to the player, like, "I'm gonna sign ya! I'm gonna get you a contract! You better ask for a trade!” and then just be like he didn't even do that.
1c-b(1). Like, if you're about to sign a contract and then don't want to, you have to still sign the contract. You cannot not sign. Does that make any sense?
1c-b(2). You gotta be, signing motion of the contract, and then, until you just sign it.
1c-b(2)-a. Okay, well, you can have the contract up here, like this, but then there's the tamper you gotta think about.
1c-b(2)-b. Fairuza Tamper hasn't been in any movies in forever. I hope she wasn't typecast as that racist lady in American History X.
1c-b(2)-b(i). Oh wait, she was in The Waterboy too! That would be even worse.
1c-b(2)-b(ii). "get in mah bellah" -- Adam Water, "The Waterboy." Haha, classic...
1c-b(3). Okay seriously though. A tamper is when the GM makes a movement that, as determined by, when you do a move involving the contract and the signing of
Do not do a tamper please

(the answer to your question is yes)

I love this so much I'm going to cry

[Image: lespoils.gif]

i actually like this a lot! as a procrastinator with limited free time, getting started on any PT is hard, but CW always seemed especially daunting due to the amount of work it required over a short span of time.

Quote:also, for those in multiple leagues, I will point out that this may end up giving y'all two separate opportunities for an affiliate claim in one league or another without that "oh no there's no PTs in any other leagues this week" gap that us multi-league folks often suffer from.

this is a great point too!

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

One of those changes that'll wait to see how it plays out. Feels a bit unnecessary now, but it might work out really well in practice

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

05-22-2023, 12:05 PM39alaska39 Wrote: One of those changes that'll wait to see how it plays out. Feels a bit unnecessary now, but it might work out really well in practice
Aren’t all changes wait and see?

Excited to switch things up and give that week after CW a little more spice

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Ah great, 2 deadlines instead of 1 to procrastinate.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Neat, I suppose.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR