Create Account

(2x Draft Media) New Squids in the Sea

Hi all! After what I think is a very successful draft in Carolina, I thought I’d give a little recap on each of our newest rookies, and what they bring to the table.

Lazer Gato – The Laser Cat is going to go down as one of the biggest steals in this draft, even at 7 overall. A true two way defenseman, Gato is equally capable of sending one of the best breakout passes all the way to shutting down breakaways the other way, not to mention being a killer on the ice that will force those with the puck to keep their head up, or face the consequences. He’s got the ability to see the ice in an entirely different way defensively than opposing forwards will expect. Skilled enough to rack up points but can still play a hard-nosed game when it’s time to get to it. Expect big things from Gato this season.

Westley Kirkpatrick – Another fantastic two way defenseman here. Carolina knows offense, and they need their back end to be able to produce some, if not just as much, as their forwards. Kirkpatrick is able to provide that with some of the crispiest passes you’ll see for a rookie. His shooting ability leaves a bit to be desired, but he makes up for it with a great defensive stick that can pickpocket those on the rush if they aren’t careful. Combine this with above average skating, and you’ve got a true top 4 defenseman.

Bjorn Arneson - After not knowing what the word “defenseman” meant for a few seasons, Carolina has finally decided to explore this new and mysterious position with yet a third defenseman! Arneson is a shot blocking machine. A 90 mph slapshot to the chest sounds better than a nice bowl of ice cream. With great ability to corral the puck after taking it to the body, Arneson can be in a great spot to create breakout opportunities. With impressive stamina to boast, expect Arneson to eat minutes while still staying sharp and playing a great defensive game.

rony mcdoudelberg - When he was born, his parents realized that he would be way too cool for a boring capitalized name. I mean seriously, why use big letter when small letter do trick? Simplicity is the name of his game though. He may not make the most spectacular, contortionist, out of this world saves you’ve ever seen, but he knows how to stay in position and use his size to swallow up shots and cover the puck. Good glove position allows him to snag flying pucks out of the air with ease, as they’re already flying right to his hand.

Sam Del Vescovo – Even teammate Timo Lambert is scared to be on the ice with this guy. He is a certified hitman when he suits up and gets out there. Del Vescovo is a player that is ready to get out there and provide the lumber. He will be relied on for net front battles, though realistically, who would be psychotic enough to even try and battle with him. He’s got no dreams of grandeur or fancy goals; he knows his role, and he’s ready to do it. Heads will roll when someone causes problems with his teammates.

That about wraps up this draft recap. Very excited to have these new faces around and can’t wait to see how this season goes. Go Kraken!

(569 words)

[Image: I1sSxD7.gif]

What a catch we got Kraken

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders