Create Account

Sir Devoir answers FAQs (Not a presser)
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2023, 10:46 AM by WildfireMicro. Edited 1 time in total.)

"Hello everyone and appropriate greetings to you all, my name is Sir Devoir and I am the current goalie for the Baltimore Platoon. I did a press conference not too long ago, but I decided to go ahead and grab some frequently asked questions that my fans may have and answer them for you. This may not be the longest post that I have made, but I do hope that it will enjoyable. So without any further ado, let's begin with the first question here:"

Question 1: how are you feeling about your latest Playoff performance? Were you disappointed by the ending or do you feel like you did your best considering the ending because you got the Platoon to be up 3-0 over the higher seed Atlanta Inferno? Also do you feel like you will be able to repeat your performance?

"Yeah I know that these are technically three questions in one, but I wanted to combine these questions into one because they are about basically the same thing: my playoff performance this past season. I am extremely proud of what I was able to accomplish, getting a 100 goalie rating in 3 straight games and nearly getting Baltimore a huge upset. Yes the ending was rather disappointing all things considered, but I feel like we went further then most people thought we could. We proved that we could keep up with the better teams and that we truly are a team on the rise, we just need to work more and get a few call-ups.

As for whether or not I can repeat what I did, I am honestly not sure. I am sure that I can do well again in the playoffs, but sometimes hockey can just be so unpredictable that I just don't want to make any bold predictions about what I will do in the future. Keep your words soft and sweet just in case you have to eat them later, that is what my late master told me. Speaking of him, that bring me to the next question:"

Question 2: how was growing up in a carnival? 

"It was actually rather pleasant, although I am glad that I have a home that is less mobile these days. Of course, I still have to do a lot of traveling with the team these days, just not as much as I used to have to with the carnival. Everyone liked me in the carnival, and I did feel like a star. However, I am glad that I can now speak English without the help of a translator collar, as that was a bit annoying to use. On a related note:"

Question 3: since your late master was a clown, did you ever have to be a clown with him?

"Admittedly yes, but that was when I was a Ralts and a Kirlia, and good luck finding pictures or footage of that. In all seriousness, it was rather fun being a fool and making people laugh back then, but I very much prefer being a goalie these days."

Question 4: how do Pokemon apply to be independent? And what is the process like?

"Well for me personally, I had to go to a Pokemon registry center and fill out a form. This is actually a bit of a test to see if the Pokemon in question can write in a human language, so getting past that is a big step. They then asked me a few questions in person and just had a nice conversation to see how I communicate. They then showed me how being an independent Pokemon comes with a lot of responsibility as I essentially would now be responsible for my home and money. Of course, they have some programs to help pokemon get help with jobs and housing, but I already had mine set up so that was not much of an issue for me"

Question 5: what would you tell a potential prospect who is trying to get into professional hockey and comes to you for advice?

"Keep working and keep training. If you are not working hard, someone else is already catching up with you. Hard work beats talent a lot of the time when talent does not work hard. You may feel like you are the best in college, but when you come into even the SMJHL you will find that pretty much everyone else has gone through similar situations to yours. So just never stop working hard to achieve your dreams is what I say"

Question 6: do you still live with your sister? Does she have a job now?

"Yes I still live with Anna. She actually got a job a year ago after she got sick of staying home a lot of the time, and she now is a manager at a flower shop and I am very proud of her"

Question 7: how is your relationship with the Wild Pokemon in the forest near your house?

"They fully trust me there, so that is good. I feel like what many trainers need to realize is that not every Pokemon is ok to catch, and some of them react very badly if you try. This comes into play especially when you try to capture a young pokemon in front of it's parents. You know the term Mama Bear? Well imagine that, but she is a Ursaring, and the father is after you too. My message to the trainers there is too respect the forest and the Pokemon there, as often they will be calm if you show that you are not a threat. Some Pokemon there might be ok with being caught, but oftentimes they will come to you, not the other way around."

Question 8: would you want to see some more independent Pokemon make the jump into hockey or other professional sports?

"Absolutely! I would love to see more of them try thier hands-or paws as it were- at being athletes. I may seem like a special case, and I kind of am considering the circumstances, but I feel like if they work hard enough Independent Pokemon can do anything they set their minds too."

Question 9: where did the name Sir Devoir come from?

"My late master loved the middle ages, and the idea of a kinght like Gallade was just too good of an idea for him. The name is obviously more from the Gardevoir evolution, but it gets the point across I believe ether way'

Question 10: how did you learn human language so fast? Any advice for an aspiring independent Pokemon who wants to learn it?

"Well my advice is to start with a translator collar, as it will help you get used to how the language of your choice will function. Then when you feel like you are ready, alternate between the collar and trying to speak human language with your own voice until you get it down. Things like Rosetta stone and language classes can absolutely help as well, and maybe try to learn two human languages if you feel like you are up to it! I personally know both English and Japanese, since I am from Tokyo.

Well I think that is enough questions for now. I really do hope that you enjoyed this blog post, and I hope that you stay happy and healthy. Sir Devoir out!"

Thank you for reading and I hope to see you all on the ice!

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Good read, glad BASE PACK can split time with Devoir in Japan!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Alright, first question: Is this a presser?

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska