Create Account

[My First Media] The Long And Winding Road for Leon Rizzton
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2023, 03:04 AM by schennemy. Edited 1 time in total.)

An article written by an SMJHL insider came out recently with shocking news about injury adversities defenseman Leon Rizzton had undergone before he was drafted in the 2nd round by Vancouver. This left the SHL world shocked - had the upcoming rookie seriously suffered through an injury that brutal just weeks before the draft?

It had people everywhere wanting more details about the injury, and wanting to know how much Leon has overcome to become the SMJHL defenseman he is today.
This is why we had an exclusive interview with Leon Rizzton himself, to uncover the whole truth.

"Now, what was reported by Smelliotte wasn't false. I meant almost every single one of my words in those quotes," Rizzton explains defensively. "My dick just flat out broke. I won't go into details on how it happened, all I can say is they call me the Rizzler for a reason."

"In your post-game presser with Friedmen, you said the injury happened from a fall. Are you saying that's false?" We asked the defenseman.

"Kind of. Yes. I don't want to give out the full details because that's private information, but something horribly went wrong during something that should've been wonderful. I just want to leave it at that."
Leon Rizzton's injury is claimed to be a penile fracture, and it rendered him unable to properly walk for one to two weeks following the initial instance. This was worrisome for the young defenseman, because he was bound to be drafted just weeks later.

In our exclusive interview, he said that he was uncertain how this injury would play into his draft stock. Would teams not want to pick him? Will he go undrafted, and have to shy away from his dreams of playing in the big leagues? He had many doubts about his future, and he said he felt "broken" for the first time in his life. Just like his dick, his heart had also broke into two.

He spoke of the tragedy with tears welling in his eyes. "I apologize for my emotions," he said between sniffles. "It all happened pretty recently, so it's still hard to think about sometimes. I hope you guys can understand."

Clearly this injury took a toll on him both mentally and physically. We gave him a few moments to collect his thoughts before continuing.

"So, how is the injury now? Is it fully healed?" Reporter Francis Sirivalla asked him.

"It's as healed as it could be," Rizzton says. "I still have the hockey stick taped. I'm too scared to take it off now. It's like a 3rd leg to me." Rizzton gave us the details we all wanted and needed.

"Does this stick give you an advantage on the ice?"

"We can say that I'm one of the league leaders in shot blocks because of my own natural raw power." Leon Rizzton refused to go any further on this matter, turning to another topic.

"Although, I will say my skating has changed since this injury. I feel more conscious on the ice, more fluent in my strides, because I know I have to be careful. Any wrong move could send my injury back to step 1, and trust me, I can't have that happening. My injury has been both a blessing and a curse, and honestly, I wouldn't change a thing. Because of my penile fracture, I've become better as a person and I know more about myself than ever before." He had a smile on his face talking about the changes he's undergone. "I've learned about how much my body can take before it snaps. This whole situation has allowed me to realize when I have to stop, when to hit the brakes instead of the gas." The injury has been bittersweet for Rizzton, but everyone, even his team - the Whalers - can say they're happy with the results and Leon Rizzton's impact on the ice.

"Yeah, dude is a total monster out there. He isn't afraid to take one for the team and block even the hardest shots." an anonymous member of the Vancouver Whalers commented.

"Have you seen his hair? No wonder why he's the Rizzler." Another anonymous player stated.

"I'm just happy to be apart of the team and helping," Leon says before going on a tangent about the SMJHL media. "You know, I read a lot of things people said about me before I was drafted. Many doubted my skills, and many prayed on my downfall. But I am proud to say that I'm proving my haters and the media wrong. No talentless bum can survive through a penile fracture the way I have. It's about getting creative."

"We hope you continue your success for the remainder of the season and with the rest of your career."

"Thank you. To be in this position, to be able to speak on behalf of myself is an honor in today's society. I'll admit, I even doubted myself at first. But knowing there were haters out there was enough to make me push harder and harder to put my best self out on the ice every single day. I would die for my team, man. But also I wouldn't, if my death would make my haters happy."

Leon Rizzton is currently third in the league in blocked shots. Being able to put his body on the line to prevent a goal is a big part of his game. He has 7 points in 19 games played, but he's not bothered by his point production. "I'm not out there to score goals. I'm out there to help my team the way I know best - playing big minutes defending in our zone. But if the chance comes where I have an opportunity to score, I'm gonna let it rip."

Rizzton plays in all situations on the ice, but he mainly plays even strength and on the penalty kill. The defenseman is averaging 19:21 TOI so far in his rookie campaign, and he can only see it climbing higher as he gains more experience in the SMJHL.

"We have so many good defenders on our team, I'm just glad I overcame the adversities I have to be given the opportunity to be out there and play with them. They're all dawgs." Rizzton gushes about his teammates. He's a team first guy who thinks about ways to improve his game in any way possible to win.

And all of this has only happened because of his perseverance, with himself, and his injury. We hope to learn more about Leon Rizzton in the future, as we watch him become the next big star defenseman in the SMJHL. This is Francis Sirivalla signing off.

THIS ARTICLE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY: VAIGRA. suffering from ED? Look no more! Try VAIGRA today and see the results tomorrow!

(1132 words)

[Image: rizzton.png]
Leon Rizzton - Defenseman - Timber  - Sig made by KaleSalad!

Nice read, welcome to the league and good luck with your player and his journey Smile

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Awesome first article! Stoked to have you on the team @

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Awesome first article! Stoked to have you on the squad

Double post ignore

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2023, 07:58 PM by aleks.)

rizzed me up too

[Image: izzy.PNG]