Create Account

S71 SMJHL Draft Graphical Review [2x Draft Media + First Media]

S71 SMJHL Draft Graphical Review:
[Image: image.png?width=625&height=662]                     [Image: image.png?width=751&height=327]       

Defense First
     Something in the beginning of the draft stuck out like a goalie at a figure skating competition. There was an unmistakable trend taking place in the opening round. Defensemen were flying off the board! Being new to the league, this really caught me off guard. Four out of the top five and eight out of the top ten were defensemen. Is this due to team needs? Or are more experienced players choosing the position based on some wisdom acquired? In selecting a position, it seems that recreates and first-gen players alike have no problem thinking on the defensive side. Although for some reason more recreates select RD, whereas only 1 out of 12 LD in the draft was a recreate. In a sim league where numbers are paramount, it is surprising the amount of players willing to sacrifice offensive stats to instead be a key contributor as a role player to help their team. This group clearly has a win first mentality, the numbers come secondary. The S72 SHL draft class could very well be stacked full of excellent defensive prospects.

[Image: image.png?width=597&height=561]          [Image: image.png?width=1311&height=465]

Teams Working with True Rookies
     Choosing motivated players to enhance SMJHL teams can be risky. I imagine the safer bets are the proven recreates, with a track record to back them up. The rest are going to give the scouting departments some work. Even in the last moments before the draft started, scouts were actively engaging newly created players to get a feel for them. Any kind of edge that would indicate that this person could make meaningful contribution would be beneficial. It is worth noting that teams like the Kraken, Knights, Berserkers, Malamutes, and Raptors exclusively drafted First Gen players. Possibly all the good recreates were taken, or rather these teams have confidence in their ability to welcome and retain new players to the community.

[Image: image.png?width=1440&height=291]

Thanks for reading! 
-Sean  Berserkers

[Image: MV5BMTM0Y2FmYTktYWU5Mi00ZDBmLWIxZTMtZTUz...c._V1_.jpg]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

I like it! Nice visuals

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2023, 09:34 PM by EmoLeBron.)

Great insight and great graphs!  Berserkers Berserkers

[Image: Pi43cEV.png]
Big Thanks to @Sburbine & @Carpy48 for the dope graphic!
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/sgu3vVP.png[/img]

Great job!

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]

Love the graphs, well done!

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Very interesting! Thanks for doing this, I was wondering the Recreate/First Gen ratio in the draft!

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

That's a really nice way to present the draft and visualize the outcome! Good job!

[Image: tinywow_FrenchieSig_18046112.gif?ex=651e...bf2671368&]
thanks @slothfacekilla for the sig <3
[Image: SZRCDpe.png?ex=65ccf2de&is=65ba7dde&hm=6...ac64e3137&]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Ireland

Love me some stats and visuals.

@seanpizzle99 teams always need more defensemen. Always. That's especially the case for the SHL, where there are a LOT more top earning Fs each season than top dmen

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Hey @seanpizzle99, I love the article and the graphs are fantastic. Just wanted to let you know that I can't stack a full bonus while grading so I will count this as a 2x Draft article and you can hold on to your first media bonus and make sure to include that in the title of your next post.

Can't wait to see more!

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]