Create Account

Minnesota's Monarchs
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2023, 02:13 AM by spooked. Edited 1 time in total.)

It has been a long (and at times painful) process rebuilding the Minnesota Monarchs back up from the bottom. @Mutedfaith and myself inherited a team that already had a really solid base of users who had been around the LR for a long time, but had found itself in a very muddy state "on the ice"; being at the end of a wave of key careers, and looking into the future with a fairly mixed bag of assets that we did not feel had the volume needed to really build a solid team in the SHL today. We spent a number of seasons dedicated to resetting the franchise, just to get back to a place where we confident that we had the assets needed to really create the kind of environment we wanted for the people we would be bringing into the locker room. For probably the first time in awhile we have enough energy running through our team and locker room to elect a leadership group to guide the team into our new phase of competitiveness and beyond.

I am happy to announce that after an extremely tight vote, we have come to a decision as a team of who will be the next Captain of the Minnesota Monarchs starting in Season 71!

Congratulations @Evok!

You were one of the first key pieces we identified and were able to grab in our first big draft class, and you have been nothing but the best we could have asked for in the locker room. You have been amazing joining in the mix of users we had already, as well as been a wonderful help to us identifying the best people we could imagine bringing in since. You have done so much for the team already just by being here and being a great influence. @Mutedfaith and myself are both excited to see how far we can go with you as one of our core leaders in the team and will do our best alongside you to keep the team going in the right direction!

Not to be ignored, we also had a pair of Alternate Captains identified through our team voting, and our first one is none-other than the locker room vet who refuses to quit

Congratulations @SpartanGibbles!

You more than any other user in our team is really the guiding hand of what the Minnesota Monarchs are all about. You are always one of the most friendly and kind people in the room, and are another member of the Minnesota lifer club that will never be taken for granted when it comes to making the team a better place to be. We are looking forward to another many years of having you help the team on and off the ice, and hope you get to break a few more records and set a few more benchmarks with us! It has been a real highlight for me personally to see you able to have more time for the site in the past few months, and to come back as a J GM has been nothing but good news for me also as you are one of the members I don't see the locker room being the same without. Thank you so much gibbles for the time you have and still commit to this team, and it really would not be the same without you here!

Our second Alternate Captain for season 71 is none other than our top scoring rookie who will be leading us into the season once more!

Congratulations @vbottas17!

You have been one of the best picks we could have made early into our rebuild. You have been a consistent source of positivity in our room since coming on board, both as someone who knows their way around the site, but also as someone who really wasted no time finding a way to get to know us all and join our rebuilding team as an equal contributor who pulls some of the weight with us. You have also been surprising everyone with how good you have played in the sim, putting up some insane numbers in both the J and then the SHL for us, which has been one of the highlights for us during our transition to the young roster Towel. We know you will be a great addition to our leadership group as you have been a very consistent force in the team toward building a warm and welcoming room here in Minnesota!

I also want to say thank you to everyone from the team who voted, and that we look forward to doing some more of these in the future to give our future call ups and prospects another shot at getting into the leadership group once they have some more time to get to know everyone on the team (be warned current captains!). For those who are sad their name is not here, just know that the results were REALLY CLOSE, and it is just proof of how good the current group of people we have right now is. Just because these three people have been honored today, they could not have been without the rest of the room also being a great environment and wonderful place to be. I don't think I can personally remember a time in Minnesota where we had this many amazing users in the team at once, and I have been here for a while. I am extremely excited to see how our locker room can continue to grow and am looking forward to getting to know everyone we have added in the past few months even more throughout the coming seasons! I am not saying the rebuild is over, but we are getting very close, and I am looking forward to seeing what things look like in a couple of seasons from now! Thanks!

[Image: 823999813728206908.webp]

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Monarchs

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Monarchs Monarchs Monarchs

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26

Imagine not loving @Evok

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I'm really looking forward to my seasons with all of you in minnesota, thank you for the vote of confidence you show me today and i'll make sure to make you all proud! I'm also looking forward to play with some amazing people i wanted to play with for a long time and to see you evolve through the years. I can't ask for a better team <3

As spooked said, without you we'd be nothing, so thank you for your amazing presence in Minny, lets get this crown.
@SpartanGibbles @AW13 @Segi @Mutedfaith @Froste39 @spooked @vbottas17 @Shmurph @eddiesnothere @MrPrime @minaj27 @Lumosityfan @Nictox @Tonzy @jaypc8237 @enigmatic @Copenhagen @Gumbaman @WubbaLubbaDubDub184 @.bojo @Australiankek

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Towel

Monarchs Monarchs Monarchs Monarchs Monarchs

[Image: uktCsuX.png]

It's been a blast when I first played for Minnesota when they were back then known as the Chiefs.
This iteration? The Monarchs especially this season and those to come? With the quality of players coming up? I feel we have something special.
Let's have some fun folks!