Create Account

Draft night, being a ''North Star'' and more

''Better late than never!'' - said Aumy Junior II and made an article about how was the day when he was drafted in SHL. Let's act like new season hasn't almost started and these are some fresh and juicy news.

There was many talks around the league which playing is going to play for certain team. However, Aumy Junior II didn't know where he will end up until a draft pick for him was made. Many experts made a guess that he might end up playing for Hamilton ''Steelhawks''. However, he wasn't picked in a first round as bunch of people said. Experts were couple of inches away from a right guess. He fell down and was a second round pick. He was selected with 38th overall pick by Toronto ''North Stars''. Only after draft he got messaged by his agent who said that Texas ''Renegades'' had interest in drafting him. However, the deal was done - Aumy Junior II had his Toronto jersey and contract was signed.

''Happy to be here in Toronto. Yes, this team won just six of 66 games last season and was the last position in an entire league, but that's history. We had much worse teams some seasons ago here, so that isn't anything crazy, in my opinion. This team has a bright future and I'm here to help them succeed. Of course, I will still play in a minor league for couple of seasons, but when the fourth season in SMJHL is over - me and all of our rookies will be ready for the big league. We will definitely get a Challenge Cup for the city of Toronto and an entire Canada. Just give us some time. Happy that my brodie Matt Stro from Carolina ''Kraken'' was selected by ''North Stars'' as well. Seems like even after the minor league, we will go own ways together. Maybe even play in the same line. That would be cool,'' said perspective Finnish forward Aumy Junior II.

Aumy Junior II in his first SMJHL season played all 66 games. He scored 11 goals and got 19 assists, getting a total of 30 points. His +/- rating was negative at -12, plus he had 32 penalty minutes. However, that isn't such an issue, since he played most of the season as a defender. Roles in Carolina was pretty tight - they had many defenders, but no help on defense. Aumy Junior II ended regular season with 141 hits and 15 blocked shots too. No he has a maxed out build with max training points allowed and he is ready to show what he is made off. Seems that new season will be big for him.

''Kraken'' made it to the second round of SMJHL ''play-offs''. They lost against Maine ''Timber''. Finnish center forward assisted five goals in 11 games and didn't score at all in post season. He ended up with +/- of +1, four penalty minutes, 21 hits and five blocked shots.

His first appearance in WJC wasn't bad either. He helped Finland to win exactly half of the games in regular tournament. He scored two goals and got three assists in 14 games. He ended up with +/- of +2, made eight hits and blocked two shots. They made it to the semi-finals where they lost against team of British Isles - 1:4. Which means they finished in like 3rd or 4th place, because there isn't a thing like bronze game anymore. Weird, but whatever. I think it's very stupid to not have a bronze game. We could just not play for a gold then as well, but it is what it is.

602 words

Stars Kraken Finland 

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

Stars

[Image: Wally.png]

05-27-2023, 04:42 PMWally Wrote: Stars
me toronto you toronto us toronto

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

Glad you found a team where you're gonna thrive man Smile

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

05-28-2023, 08:48 AMst4rface Wrote: me toronto you toronto us toronto

Can't wait to see this next career of yours launch! Going to kill it in Carolina!

[Image: Wally.png]