Create Account

Eye-popping Season-to-Season Jumps in Scoring

How did the league's top point getters perform in seasons prior?     

Inspired by spidey's deep dive on Bender Junior's record-breaking season (linked here), I isolated the top 10 point scoring performances in the last 10 SMJHL seasons. I wanted to see how these top scorers did in the seasons leading up to their best.

[Image: image.png?width=863&height=645]
     I was stunned by the large increases in points that some players were able to achieve in a single season. For example, the top 3 in last 10 seasons:

S69 to S70
Timber Peter Tingle 42 to 100 (58)
Battleborn Bender Junior 65 to 124 (59)
Battleborn Alekss Ivanova 40 to 109 (69) 

An important note to consider, Ivanova made the biggest jump between their first and second seasons in the SMJHL, which was larger than the leaps made by Tingle and Junior between their second and third seasons. This raises the question of what Alekss Ivanova could have in store for season number three?
     Can Ivanova continue the meteoric rise? How can Junior follow-up his record breaking season? And a broader question, who are those players in the 40-60 point range last season that are going to breakout and be among the league leaders this time around.

Shoutout to @spidey for the awesome media he continues to produce!

Thanks for reading! -Sean  Berserkers

[Image: MV5BMTM0Y2FmYTktYWU5Mi00ZDBmLWIxZTMtZTUz...c._V1_.jpg]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

05-27-2023, 07:19 PMseanpizzle99 Wrote:
Shoutout to @spidey for the awesome media he continues to produce!

Thanks for reading! -Sean  Berserkers

Ok first off, this was amazing. Mine doesn't compare, but i got a few more coming down the pipe.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride