Create Account

First Post: "The only thing bruised was my ego."

[Image: Hr5MxRV.md.jpg]

SMJHL Preseason is in the books and for the Great Falls Grizzlies one thing was aparent, this season will be dictated solely by rookie progression.

Last season, the Grizzlies were second in their division and fifth overall in the league thanks to a staunch defense and strong work ethic on both sides of the puck. With a majority of their defense graduating to the SHL this offseason, the S71 SMJHL draft class was tasked to step up and fill some enormous shoes.

This preseason was the first step into the limelight for the most recent draft class, and to be frank, it didn't end well. With an overall record of 1-5-1, the rookie class showed to be the hardest hit by the result. Left Defender Billy Hill was asked what he thought of the preseason results and said "It's tough. You know that you leave everything on the ice and it's not enough. I won faceoffs, got good solid hits and even got a few shots in but nothing really materialized. We played better than our record. Most of our losses were by one point. The only thing bruised is my ego. It hurts knowing how hard we all worked and still got skunked out there."

With preseason in the books, teams will look forward to showing what they can do once their updates take effect and the GMs put together more cohesive lines. If nothing else, players will have time to gel before the first puck drop of the new season.

[First post, 265 words]

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

Great first article!

Don't worry it's only preseason there is a long way to go, you guys will do fine.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride