Create Account

St. Louis offseason and season predictions

After a below-average season, St. Louis had a relatively successful offseason. St. Louis will be in the Cain-Robinson Memorial Division, alongside the Great Falls Grizzlies and the Yukon Malamutes. Despite finishing last in the SMJHL last season with a record of 16-44-6, the team is determined to bounce back and make significant improvements this year.

One thing STL wasn't afraid to do was trade, I will list some of these trades below

to STL

Marshall Madden (326 TPE)

to CAR

15oa (Austin Morley)

S73 STL 3rd
S73 STL 4th
It seems like a win-win trade for both teams involved. St. Louis is adding a talented leader who is also a great player, while Carolina is getting a promising young player to bolster their roster along with some future assets

------

To STL
Crazy Tomato (260 TPE)

To YUM
STL S72 2nd

I find the trade to be quite fascinating, especially since I have a personal stake in it. Even with my inherent bias, I strongly believe that STL came out as the clear winner in this deal. Crazy Tomato had over 8M at the time of the trade and has now gained a significant amount of TPE. However, it may take several years before the true ramifications of this trade become apparent. 

Draft Recap

The recent draft was quite interesting for STL, as they had three picks in the first round. Here's a list of the players who were selected by St. Louis in the first round and some of their strengths and weaknesses with a brief summary 

Second overall pick: Defenceman, Rrtturi Lappalainen

Strengths:
High defensive hockey IQ
Excellent balance
Impressive strength

Weaknesses:
Limited shooting range
Difficulty getting open

Rrtturi Lappalainen could be one of the best players of this draft an incredible defenceman who can rush up and help the offence if needed but doesn't get caught behind the play very often he could be one of the top players of the s72 SHL rookie draft

---

Tenth Overall pick: Forward, Sunrise van de Schubbekutteveen

Strengths:
Stamina 
Speed
Getting Open

Weaknesses: 
Defensive Hockey IQ
Checking
Passing

Sunrise van de Schubbekutteveen is a great speedy player with loads of talent and potential talent he could very easily have a Great future and be drafted into the S72 SHL rookie draft

---

14th overall pick: Defenceman, Dee Fence

Strengths
Stamina
defensive Hockey IQ
Hitting

Weaknesses 
Shooting Range and Accuracy
acceleration and agility
 Stick Checking

Dee Fence Is a very one-dimensional player, he's great at defence but struggles at nearly everything related to offensively. As long as Dee Fence continues to Improve he could be a great pickup for an SHL team at the S72 SHL Rookie draft.

Season Predictions
In my opinion, The St. Louis Scarecrows will probably not have an insane year because they don't have enough developed talent, but they have a chance to secure second place in their division if everything goes their way. It's difficult to predict given the level of competition in their division. Additionally, it's worth noting that St. Louis boasts one of the youngest teams in the league, so they have plenty of potential for improvement. If they manage to advance past the first round, they could exceed most people's expectations, though the inherent unpredictability of hockey means anything could happen. Another thing to consider is whether they acquire more players in trades or are they content with their roster but no one knows only time will tell.

Predictions
Cain-Robinson Memoria
YUM 42-19-5 The Yukon malamutes had a great season in a tough division last season playing wit
GFG 30-30-6 Great Fall i consider to be a Mid tier team expecally in a division like this one but you never know what could happen
STL 20-37-12 Read Season Predictions 

[Image: 9x1vcNx.png]

Great article!!!! 

*scarecrow noises* 

Scarecrows

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Great draft by the team! Tongue

After two really bad seasons, STL is due to leave the very bottom of the league.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]