Create Account

S71 PT #1: Public Relations
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2023, 09:01 PM by Zerg. Edited 1 time in total.)

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Please note that the "Story Mode" tag does NOT mean that you must make some overarching plot or tie your tasks together to receive TPE. You are also NOT committed to one prompt chain - feel free to hop between them from week to week!

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE - The Arena Scare

Written Task: Ownership wants a new arena. They're planning to move the team to Saskatoon if they don't get one, as is North American tradition. Now, ownership is asking you, as one of your team's most popular players, to help spread the word in your city. How do you go about getting people to vote for your new arena? If you refuse, why? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Create a campaign poster for your team's new arena!

PLAYER PROMPT - Get That Sweater-sales Bag

Written Task:  Tell me what your player does to boost his profile with the fans! You probably want to be popular with them, if only to boost your jersey sales and make that extra dough, so how do you go about interacting with them? Alternatively, if your player truly does not care, how does that affect his interactions with fans? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me a fan holding a sign meant for your player against the glass during warmups!

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Monday, June 5th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

PBE Affiliate

PLAYER PROMPT

First of all, Sir Devoir usually loves his fans. He is always ready for an autograph or a picture, so long as he is not out eating. As long as a fan respects his personal privacy, he is ready and willing to talk with them or sign stuff. When it comes to boosting his jersey sales, he likes to advertise it on Instagram by showing him taking pictures with fans wearing his jersey and always giving our free autographs to any merchandise, but especially his own jersey. He also occasionally hosts giveaways of a personalized signed version his jersey or any other kind of merchandise he can sign.

Basically, in order to boost his popularity with fans and therefore his jersey sales, Devoir always tries to act like the fan favorite. His is always cordial, nice, and if he cannot interact with a fan for whatever reason he will tell them honestly but gently why he cannot at that moment, and would ask them to please be patient.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Everyone knows that being bannished to Saskatoon is basically a death sentence for any major professional franchise. Thankfully Cormier and his teammates in Quebec have come up with the perfect way to spread the word and raise funds to help build a new arena in Quebec and ultimately keep the team there. On top of that, their new plan has a pretty big chance of boosting their overal fanbase. Before the season starts the team will get together for a sexy calendar photoshoot. Like furefighter calendars, each month will feature one player in their birthday suite for the fans to enjoy. To make this opportunity even more lucrative, the calendar will be a monthly subscription, forcing people to pay monthly to keep seeing the next (and hopefully eventually they're favourite) player. If you stick around long enough and collect all 12 months for a year, you get a limited edition full team photo, of course, in their birthday suites.

Everyone knows who Mercedes Baylé is. Right after the SHL Draft, her Regina and newly made Toronto North Stars jerseys were on a high. Everyone was so hype to get her into a Toronto jersey. Obviously, you are going to have to wait some time. So, what does she have to do? I think everything she has to do is on the ice. She has to score goals and help her team win. This season, it is all about Regina. How can she be the best piece for Regina to win? So, people want her jersey, she does not have to do anything to help that. The other thing is, she will not sign her jersey. People just want to sell her jersey and make money, and that is just not part of it. She will sign for kids, but for grown adults, there is no shot that she is going to sign it just to be an eBay piece that some person can make money off of. If people want to enjoy it, then fine, but she is not going to be helping people make money off her stuff.

Words: 190

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Player Prompt

You listen sometime fan chanting the name of the goalie to distract him from his game, and I try to have a good relationship with them so even if I play a bad game, they will still be behind me and motivate the team instead of keeping us down.
The relations we have with our fans are really important because they paid to see us live or buy our stuff or they encourage us from their home. All the little things they do for us it's important, so we have to give back.
I personally go to season tickets holder home to have a chat with them and thanks them for it. They are one of the most important fans and seeing their smile after meeting us is fantastic.
After home games, signing some autographs and taking some pictures with people is almost nothing compared to the joy they have after that. It doesn't take a lot of time for us, and the upcome of it is greatly positive for both of us.
Fans are people that mostly love you, just have to take a little bit of your time to give some love back.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

“I am on it boss.”

Famous last words, but seriously what else was I supposed to say. The team is desperate for a new arena, San Francisco a place that is not a traditional hockey hotbed needed something new to support this team. Larger for the growing crowd as top end prospects start pouring into this soon to be contending franchise. The boss knowing, I was one of the hottest up and coming prospects and media darlings saw this as an opportunity to rally up the city and get the citizens behind this project.

First things first, I went to the media as an anonymous tipster to let them know of the upcoming decision the city would have to make in order to keep this team. I would call up all the local TV stations first, then the news stations. Send a few messages from a burner phone to a few media agents within ESPN, TSN, and Sportsnet. Finally sending off a few e-mails from an anonymous e-mail account I own to major hockey media sites and rumor mills. Once word was out about the need. I would make myself available in person to the media doing interviews and attend town hall meetings. I would rally the San Francisco faithful into keeping this team in this great city. I would get a budget created from the boss and start an online campaign with our own website and an online petition to get 1 million signatures. Then go door to door and get another 1 million signatures in person demanding the team stay and we build an arena that will sustain our success for the next 30 years.

Finally if all else fails, I will slip into bed with the mayor after one of these rally meetings after force feeding them drinks all night long and take incrementing photos of the two of us together and threaten let them leak if all else fails. CHECK and MATE.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Nibbles has always loved giving back to his fans because he knows that without them it would be impossible for him to find the success that he has found in this league. One of the ways he likes to boost his profile with fans is through doing different autograph sessions at local areas for free for all of them. He always makes the time to thank his fans in his press conference and he never turns his back on an opportunity to get a selfie with them or sign some sort of souvenir. Another thing that he likes to do is try to go down to various local rinks on his off days to play some pickup games with different people around the city. He has found that people really appreciate someone showing up to do something like that and connecting with fans outside of the media and outside of organized events that are required by the team. So to all of Nibble's fans THANK YOU!

Code:
166 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

Code:
Written Task: Tell me what your player does to boost his profile with the fans! You probably want to be popular with them, if only to boost your jersey sales and make that extra dough, so how do you go about interacting with them? Alternatively, if your player truly does not care, how does that affect his interactions with fans? (150+ words)

Ben Jammin has been popular with his teammates and to the fans who watch the Chicago syndicate but Ben's ego wants to be one of the faces of the SHL so he has taken it upon himself to grow the Ben Jammin brand. To do so Ben has taken up this platform called "Tik Tok" he has made some videos of himself DJ'ing and promoting some shows that he has coming up. He makes sure to wear his syndicate jersey in these videos so that people know he is a hockey player as well and to grow his jersey sales since there is some royalty pay for jersey sales that Ben will receive. Ben also takes the time to sign autographs or take pictures when he is out and about in the city of Chicago and runs into some fans. If he can have a productive season and establish himself as one of the premier defencemen in the league, that will surely help boost his popularity with SHL fans. Here's to hoping Ben has a great season! 

(177 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Maine has one of the best fan bases in the SMJHL. These fans generate a ton of revenue for this organization. With how good the Timber have been for so long the fans have been filling the owners pockets. The arena is in definite need of replacement and we should be spending money in order to make money. I care about the long term success of this organization as a whole and the fans deserve a new barn for this team to play in. That money will come back quickly with how good this team is going to be for the foreseeable future. Now as for the players, the blood, sweat and tears poured into this old barn shows that the players deserve a little upgrade. The facilities, locker room, fitness area and practice rinks are dated and need a massive overhaul. The product you’re putting on the ice should be performing at its highest ability and providing the team with these new resources will go along way.

Story Prompt

When the owners come to Baku asking him to “put in the good word” to get a new arena built, he laughs in their faces.

“You are clown boys, every one of you,” he exclaims. “You want me to help you billionaires beg poor to this city for them to pay for a shiny, new bauble? Never.”
Baltimore General Manager Johnny Hamilton supports this to some degree—Olubori had learned a fair bit about U.S. public finance of sports venues from the old agent, especially that most of the “economic impact” of sports teams is overblown. While initially Hamilton stayed out of the fray, one day during preseason he was asked and reporters got an off the cuff response:

“Saskatoon is a third of the media market size of Baltimore. If they move the team there, it’s as a last resort. The threat has no teeth if they are smart business people.”

The owners hoped for buy in and support from one of their biggest players; instead they ended up with yet another headache in the media.

Olubori did speak positively about the idea of a new arena, discussing what their current home ice lacks compared to some other SHL cities he’s been to. Even then, he made it clear that it shouldn’t all be on the people of Maryland to “bail out the billionaires begging for a handout.”

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Ryan Quintana Green loves fan interaction. He is a man of the people. If he can build a relationship and a positive image with the fans, he's definitely one to do it. They seem to love his Freestyle Fridays when after practice on Fridays, Ryan will find fans in the city on the street and ask them if they'd be down to help him kick some dope rhymes. The energy of the crowds are unmatched when he does this, and it really gets Vancouver fans in touch with one of the passions of their players. Plus, when freestyling, each rap he makes is a work of art. He takes inspiration from street freestyler Harry Mack. While RQG may never be as crazy as H Mack, he strives to reach the level of his idol, and the fans are along for the ride. What will he rap about next? Walk the streets of Vancouver to find out!

[Image: nf6AAw2.png]

Creative Prompt

If a city like Toronto is not able to garner the attention of the league and to stop them from wanting to move the team, I think something is seriously wrong. Ryosuke Sato, veteran of the league, would begin by trying to rally the fans, both in person and on social media. The social media team would be making posts and advertisements, supporting the team to remain in Toronto, as fans of the team would begin to clown on a league that is even thinking about moving the team (not officially supported by players, but unofficially supported by them since we have to also have decent relations to make this work). Ryosuke Sato himself would call out the league in a press conference stating that it would be a huge mistake to move such a historic team and a deal can certainly be worked out to build a new arena in Toronto. To sway the voters, a deal will be cut that reduces the burden on taxpayers and supports community growth!

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2023, 12:43 PM by Hungy Fella. Edited 1 time in total.)

Get That Sweater-sales Bag

Thomas Liebold cares a lot about his fans and his jersey sales. one of his main reasons is because he receives a 50 percent commission on each jersey sale with his name on it and he has a very expensive lifestyle. one of the ways he promotes himself is by wearing his jersey and gear everywhere he goes outside the rink. this is very difficult and uncomfortable because the hot Baltimore sun crates very hot and humid days throughout the spring and summer. Liebold also carries around a wagon with him where he stores extra jerseys which allows him to sell jerseys to whoever might want one wherever he might go, the great thing about this is that the team does not know about it so he keeps one hundred percent of the revenue. his positive brand promotion and jersey sales allow him to be one of the most popular players in his town and helps fund his exotic stamp collection which is his prized possession. he is always nice to fans and offers 10 percent off jerseys when they take a picture with him