Create Account

S71 PT #1: Public Relations
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2023, 01:31 PM by Eggcracker. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Prompt:

Extra income has always been an important aspect for any players playing in Yukon. With the far distances to cover and the only mode of efficient transport being by plane, you rack up a lot of miles and bills going to and from the city. Additionally, everything in Yukon is imported in, so the general cost of living is much higher than any other city in the SMJHL (expect maybe Anchorage). That being said, Alvin Wong has always had a side hustle selling feet pictures on OnlyFans, however, since being named captain of the Yukon Malamutes in S71, the team management now holds him to a higher standard than the rest of the players and has asked him to stop all activities on OnlyFans. As an alternative, the team has offered a shared revenue of jersey sales. To increase sales (of his jersey only), Alvin has offered to do appearances and signings at all kinds of events, birthday parties, bar/bat mitzvahs, funerals, gender reveals, parole hearings, and even job interviews. Unbeknownst to management, Alvin has also secretly continued his activities on OnlyFans and have been offering subscription discounts to anyone who purchases a Wong jersey from the team store (proof of purchase required).

204 words

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

Tell me what your player does to boost his profile with the fans! You probably want to be popular with them, if only to boost your jersey sales and make that extra dough, so how do you go about interacting with them? Alternatively, if your player truly does not care, how does that affect his interactions with fans? (150+ words)

Tibuk Soonika loves the fans in Kelowna! Some people find playing in a Canadian market difficult and unable to simply exist as a normal human but Tibuk has found it to be a fantastic experience. He often goes into the community on his off times and get face time in with residents and fans. He is really hoping to not just be a fantastic hockey player but an active member of the community. He has invested in housing and staying in Kelowna year round so why not make it better? He will play street hockey with kids and often keeps a bucket of Kelowna branded pucks in his car so he can hand them out to whomever he meets in his daily life outside of the rink. Tibuk very much appreciates the passion and enthusiasm of the local fans after all being a good hockey player is easy it is being the good human that tends to be hard.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Written Task: Tell me what your player does to boost his profile with the fans! You probably want to be popular with them, if only to boost your jersey sales and make that extra dough, so how do you go about interacting with them? Alternatively, if your player truly does not care, how does that affect his interactions with fans? (150+ words)

Finally I thought you’d never ask, what I do to be closer to the fans, especially those back home is having my own petting zoo. There people can come to pet different chickens, chickens, and more chickens. Yeah ok we might also have a goat or 2, some rabbits, and some chicken-like animals like ducks, geese, and turkeys. But obviously the chickens are the highlight of the show. In the petting zoo there is also a nice store to get things like Chicken jerseys, in adult, children, and chicken sizes. Chicken mugs (and some Yukon Malamute mugs but don’t tell them about it), and some other Furious Chicken based memorabilia. The hope with this petting zoo is firstly to get more people from the Netherlands invested into the career of Furious Chicken, and secondly to sell more merchandise from people who are just there to go to a nice little petting zoo. Of course so far this petting zoo might have not been a hit, but just wait until Furious Chicken does something special, like win something, or retire, everyone gets more popular after retirement right?

186 words

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

This one is deeply personal for Duncan Mackenzie. He loves the Big Parm arena and all it's history, but there is no way he wants to see the legendary Dragons franchise leave Calgary. Certainly not for some hellhole like Saskatchewan. DMack would immediately be booking interviews on all the local sports radio shows to talk up the necessity of a new arena and what it would mean for the people of Calgary to see their beloved Dragons play in the latest and greatest Arena in the SHL. As well, he would use his contacts in the city to get himself a meeting with the Mayor to ensure he is applying the right kind of pressure in the right way to get the local government to kick across some money to help subsidize the construction. Likely, he would lean on the rivalry with Edmonton to make sure that those jerks over in the 780 dont get a better venue than the illustrious and proud Dragons.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

[Image: images.png]

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

PT pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Instead of riling up support for the new arena to be publicly financed, Louise St. Martin stands with the fans as they protest the owner's cheapness. Arenas should be cathedrals of sport, not taxpayer-funded real estate wet dreams by a billionaire too cowardly to risk his own money. She takes a stance that she would take a pay cut if it meant not using taxpayer money to fund something the owner can easily afford themselves. She grew up going to hockey games in a rink that opened in the 1950s, and has simply been renovated in that time. She never once complained that it was too old, the facilities and such were fine. We're not here to inflate the egos of millionaires, we're here to watch hockey.

Unrelated out-of-character side note that in no way is being used to inflate word count (oh who am I kidding), as an Oakland A's fan this hits close to home. John Fisher, I hope you have a rock in your shoes the rest of your life.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

PLAYER PROMPT: Salzberger doesn’t really go out of his way to interact with fans, because it’s not really a priority for him. He set up accounts on all the most popular social media platforms, but it was more to be sure that no one would be able to personify him or pretend to be him. He has not made a post on any of these accounts for multiple seasons now, but he still has fans who sent him messages or at least, this is why his agency told him since they are the one who take care of the management of these accounts these days. Lillehammersson is also not a fan of joining the different fan events that are set up by the teams, because he likes to be as anonymous as he can. However, Salzberger usually respond positively to fans that approach him on the street and he will take a picture with them or sign an autograph on the item they brought.

162 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Anchor: The San Francisco Pride are in danger of relocation, our sports reporter has the story.

Reporter: After the most recent set of stadium talks fell through, the city is putting their team on the line with a relocation vote, we spoke with Player Greg Davies part of the #StayinSanFran Movement.

Davies: The owner has already said it's new stadium of Saskatoon. That's the ultimatum.

Reporter: With the advertising in full swing to keep the team in San Fran, it will all be up to the public to vote to keep the team.

Davies: I know San Francisco loves this team; heck I left this team for multiple seasons and the fans welcomed me back with the biggest set of open arms I've ever seen. If this team does need to leave it's home in San Francisco, I know the city will welcome back the team whenever they return if this deal doesn't go through. That's how great I know these fans are.

Anchor: The new stadium vote will be on next year's mid-term election ballot so there is still a lot of time for this issue to be discussed.

Code:
190 Words

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

Johnny FourStar knows that he needs a real gimmick, a funny bit if you will, if he's going to convince the fans to buy his jersey this season, especially given that he will not be in a Winnipeg jersey for a long time. So, he Decides to have a "Custom Jersey Order Drive"! Johnny hangs out outside the arena (because the team won't let him into the building" and takes orders from fans about what custom jerseys they want. A lot of fans put in orders for their own names. Many others put orders in for jerseys of other, more exciting Prospects. Others put jokes on their jerseys. Johnny FourStar promised them that the jerseys would be ready at next week's game, and for them to meet him outside of Gate 4.

A week passes, but Johnny isn't outside of gate 4. Instead, patrons only found a massive box of FourStar jerseys and a note "custom orders canceled, guess you'll have to settle for FourStar."

[170 Words]

PLAYER PROMPT

[Image: MIT-SIGN.jpg]

[Image: Pi43cEV.png]
Big Thanks to @Sburbine & @Carpy48 for the dope graphic!
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/sgu3vVP.png[/img]

I just got called up the the big team, so I am hoping there is some rookie hype to get my sales going a little bit. I am also coming off captaining a four star cup winning team, so I hope my name has gotten out there a little bit. The best way to be popular is to be good on the ice, so that would be my main priority. Besides that you need to interview well, of course give the standard boring hockey answers, but near the end throw in some quip from a semi-popular show and you are golden. 'dangle, snipe, celly boys' Post the 'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take -Wayne Gretzky - Michael Scott' fans love that. Then just don't be a dick. Sign autographs, have quick chats, take pictures, it isn't that hard. At least I really hope that works, because I am on my rookie deal and could use a little extra cash.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

Creative Prompt

Being sent to Saskatoon would suck. If we needed an arena and needed to get people to agree with us I would hold huge events to try and keep the crows in St. Louis. I would help with more community stuff and donate to lots of money to help and gain public support. if it still didn't work I would probably go door to door and ask people to support the new arena I think the best spot for an arena is not in the middle of the city but not that far away but either way any arena is better then no arena and if you have to go to Saskatoon it would become a poverty franchise instantly because everywhere in saskatoon is a waste flat un interesting land (no offence) but it wouldn't be as bad as not playing but I surely would request a trade.

[Image: 9x1vcNx.png]

Prompt 2

Just-To-Buy really cares a lot about the Regina Elk fans and what they think of him. In a city like Regina in the middle of Canada, there's not much else to do than hockey (compared to other SMJHL places like Vancouver or Quebec City), so he takes him upon himself to be the source of the townsfolk entertainment almost 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. He will go around the streets dancing and singing in his weird language none of the fans understand but all appreciate. When they start dancing with him, he gives them an Elk keychain or some other Elk trinket and hugs them. He will also show up to various street artists or amateur shows and start dancing. His teammates all think he is crazy, but he does not care becausee the fans love him. He will keep dancing and try to get more of his teammates to join in the fun.

[Image: lespoils.gif]