Create Account

S71 PT #1: Public Relations

Prompt: The arena scare

Saskatoon is a funny word. There is no reason for our team not to move to Saskatoon unless we can somehow move to Cheesequake, New Jersey. Cheesequake, New Jersey is even funnier to say than Saskatoon. Cheesquake, NJ manages to pull off an Xhibit pimp my ride meme too! Google has informed me that there is in fact a cheesequake state park so dawg, I heard you like  cheesequake, so now you can Cheesequake State park while you cheesequake, NJ. Cheesquake is a convenient 47 minute drive from Manhattan, which would only be an hour and 5 if you took the bus then walked for around 20 minutes, or 5 hours if you walked the entire way! Now you might be asking yourself, "How have I gone my entire life, including the search for a city who's willing to be the card we use to bluff Las Vegas into wasting a ton of taxpayer money on a new arena, without any awareness of Cheesequake?" Well, it might be that Cheesequake is not even an actual town but an unincorporated community in old bridge township? Or it might be that it's inconvenient to get to from pretty much everywhere and caters to commuters not the amenities or infrastructure that a new arena would need...

But we're in fucking Vegas and obviously not going anywhere, so funny named town would at least be a novel reason to do something stupid.

Prompt 2:

Andren understands that ultimately fans are what make hockey as a profession possible as a career. He and all the other pro players in the leagues around the world are only able to play because people are willing to come out and pay to see them. As such, he makes a point of going out of his way to be a friendly face of the team to his and his teams fans. After every game, he always sticks around to sign sticks or hand out merch. When he's spotted out in public, he makes a point to be kind to everyone who wants to speak with him. He does try to go that extra mile as he going out to junior hockey games, talks to the parents and kids after the games and tries to encourage them to continue in their dream of being a professional hockey player, relating stories about how the experience it was for him and giving out free tickets to see the Grizzlies.

167 words.

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

PBE Affiliate

[Image: Jy6UjIO.png]
Sig By: @Carpy48

Written Task:  Tell me what your player does to boost his profile with the fans! You probably want to be popular with them, if only to boost your jersey sales and make that extra dough, so how do you go about interacting with them? Alternatively, if your player truly does not care, how does that affect his interactions with fans? (150+ words)

Sean Davies isn't the most exciting guy out there, so he probably gets lost in the shuffle when fans are picking their favorite player, but he does his best to make up for his relatively bland personality/playstyle by always being down to interact with the fans. He's always trying to give away pucks and gear if the organization will let him, and he's more than willing to sign autographs anytime he can find time. Sure it can be a bit of a pain sometimes, but Davies knows the fans are the only reason he's here, so he does his best to give back. As long as you're not harassing him out in public and/or actively ruining his routine, Davies is more than willing to take a selfie, sign some memorabilia, or just have a quick chat. He's nothing if not a people pleaser for sure. He may not have the star power of some of his Wolfpack team mates, but the young defenseman plans on growing his fanbase through simple interactions, and hopefully these early fans will still be around if (when) he breaks out in the league!

Svoboda is very passionate about growing the game in LA, so much so that he's willing to go through great lengths to keep the team here. His plan is to run a disinformation campaign against the group looking to move them, as well as the city of Saskatoon.

His main focus is going be about just how stinky Saskatoon is. He's never been to Saskatoon, of course, but he's not going to let that get in the way of hockey in LA. Besides, he played in Regina in juniors so he felt he could use that to convince people he knew anything about Saskatoon.

Next, he's going to make up a bunch of fake statistics about how profitable a new arena in LA would be. He thought he'd have a harder time convincing the population that the team would bring in $1 trillion a season if they stayed, but after they agreed with his assessment on the stinkiness of Saskatoon, he already had the crowd on his side and they were willing to believe anything he said.

177 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

I feel like Potential Spam would be all over trying to get a new arena for the city of Atlanta. It was just a couple years ago that the baseball team got a new stadium so if they get one why shouldnt the inferno? I think there would be some key differences between these changes though. For starters the new stadium would be within city limits unlike the new baseball stadium. This was a big criticism of the baseball stadium as its now much harder to get to for everyone except those that live in the suburbs. Having the stadium within the city would keep people close to public transportation and would provide much more identity to the city than some stadium out in the suburbs. This would be an easy sell for the mayor who would get a boost to public approval if the process doesnt get botched. Just dont be awful and tear down low  income housing for a stadium.

Get That Sweater-sales Bag

It's fun to interact with the fans, especially when they like me.
To be honest I'll be playing to my strengths which are hockey and my love for video games and so I'll be organizing an EA NHL 23 tournament and the winner will get to spend a day with me all expenses paid with a corporate suite to watch one of the Monarch's home games. I'd organize charity events to support local LGBTQ+ communities as well as a fundraiser to raise awareness for mental illness research and also local support groups for people living through depression or difficult times in their lives.

Much like what has been done in Montréal with the Canadiens, I would pay to have an ice rink built in some struggling neighborhoods in order to promote sports and physical activity. I would also help with the local junior hockey arenas, make presences there even have a hockey school to take place during the summer! I would have an ice hockey tournament as well AND a deck-hockey tournament because why not!

I would of course go on Tik Tok, Youtube, Facebook, and other Social Media platforms to promote these events, making small contests on those too inviting people to pull off their best trick shots OR show how big a Monarchs fan they are and I would offer tickets to the winners.

Player Prompt

There are so many things a professional sports athlete could do in and around his community, where his team means the most, to get the fans more involved, engaged, and excited for the team, as well as the player alone. Meta Knight has no issues doing what has to be done to make sure the community in Minnesota knows what is important, and what is valued. Whenever the team does any community events, Meta Knight is the first one signed up or volunteered to put the time into it. Children's Hospital visits, charity fundraising, giveaways. Whatever it takes to make sure he leaves the team and city a better place to live for the relatively short time a person can be a professional hockey player in the simulation hockey league. By far the most important thing is to make sure the kids in the community are involved in the team, excited to try and watch hockey games, and understand that sport is a reason to bond with others, not a reason to divide.

Kaapo Kampainen always tries his best to interact with fans in the best possible way. He is involved with foundations such as Make A Wish and other similar charities to help sick children and bring joy to their lives. He actually holds some records with the charities as he is very generous with his time and he always goes above and beyond to please the families, which is really appreciated. He also gives a lot of time to the local communities in Winnipeg and he also did back when he was in Edmonton and it is also very much appreciated. He is also beloved in his native Finland due to his charity that helps poor children and his shelter for abandoned dogs. He is not doing it for the money however as he does not really care about personal glory or all that stuff. He has been more than happy to sign minimum contracts to help his team.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

Code:
PLAYER PROMPT - Get That Sweater-sales Bag

Written Task:  Tell me what your player does to boost his profile with the fans! You probably want to be popular with them, if only to boost your jersey sales and make that extra dough, so how do you go about interacting with them? Alternatively, if your player truly does not care, how does that affect his interactions with fans? (150+ words)

When it comes to interacting with fans, Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk is a master. He has everything, from Facebook, to Twitter, to Grindr, to Snapchat, etc. He has no issues being able to interact with fans. When he's not at practice (which is often), he becomes a variety livestreamer on Mixer, the exclusive platform for streamers like Ninja, who is hip with the kids. Some of you might say "Wait, didn't Mixer shut down?" The answer is yes, but Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk doesn't realize that. He wondered why that was the case for a while, until he got some regular viewers (which was his teammates on sockpuppet accounts).

Other than Mixer, he keeps a liveblog journal of his trials and tribulations as an SHL player (which is commented on by teammate accounts to keep him sane), and also keeps up a myspace page for his growing (downwards) music career (which is followed by, once again, teammate sockpuppet accounts)

(155 words)

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

PLAYER PROMPT

Jay Bryzi is one of the most recognizable athletes in St. Louis and it's not just because he's one of the Scarecrows best players. Off the ice Jay does a lot of autograph signings and fan meet ups. While those are more of an off season thing, Jay doesn't mind taking pictures or signing autographs when he's out and about. It's not just St. Louis either, Bryzi's draft jerseys has been pretty popular in Baltimore, and has a big following from his native country of Poland. One of his favorite fan activities to do is play video games with them, whenever he plays CoD or any of the EA sports games he's always asking online for fans to hop on and game with him. While Jay definitely doesn't mind the extra cash from jersey sales it's the fan interaction that drives him to be so open to the fans. He loves hearing the fans chant his name and wear his jerseys.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Player Prompt:

Matiss loves his fans and loves to give back to his fans any chance that he gets. Matiss loves to make himself available to sign autographs for his fans after home games and always stays around the arena for an hour or so to allow fans to stop by, see him, take pictures and sign autographs. During warm-ups Matiss is always tossing pucks over the glass to fans so that the fans can have an enjoyable and exciting experience before the game starts. When Matiss is not around the arena and is out and about around town he is always willing to talk and interact with fans. He loves when fans recognize him when he is out and is always willing to take time out of his day to make a fan feel happy. When Matiss has some free time away from hockey obligations, he likes to volunteer and give back to the community by helping out the youth hockey programs in the area to grow the game of hockey. Matiss would do anything to make a fan's day better.

Daniel Grumathan has never been a person to really want any attention on him ever since he was a little kid. So maturely, even now that he has is going up the ranks of the hockey big leagues, he is not someone who is a big fan of publicity and fame and all the other attention that it brings. Kind of the worst part of the job for him honestly. As a result there is a small collective of people who are big fans of him due to his reserved nature but also a big group of hockey fans who either don’t really know who Grumathan is or just see him as any other player. Just kind of there. As a result, most of Grumathans media events don’t get a lot of attention but also means that the fans he does interact with are truly fans of his because otherwise no one would go over there which is perfect for someone as reserved and anti attention as someone as Grumathan is

Ownership wants a new arena. They're planning to move the team to Saskatoon if they don't get one, as is North American tradition. Now, ownership is asking you, as one of your team's most popular players, to help spread the word in your city. How do you go about getting people to vote for your new arena? If you refuse, why? (150+ words)

Edžus Ozolins would do anything necessary to protect Maine from a possible relocation to Saskatoon. He would do many interviews to convince citizens that voting yes for a new arena is very important, as it'd keep their beloved team near them while causing financial activity in the area. Also, he would personally go knock on random doors to distribute pamphlets about the possible new arena to let people know about the vote. How could they let their beloved Timber, a powerhouse in recent seasons, be banished to Saskatoon? Finally, Ozolins would advocate for Newfoundland to be moved to Saskatoon as he has… strong feelings about the team, the alumnis (especially of the Ontario Fan kind) and the place. Edžus reaaaally does not want to move out of Maine so he'd try his best to keep the team there, just like he gives his 125% on ice to help out his teammates to the fullest, and he knows the fans are loyal.

161 words please help me I have an essay due and I'm prioritizing this