Create Account

S71 PT #1: Public Relations

Quote:Written Task: Tell me what your player does to boost his profile with the fans! You probably want to be popular with them, if only to boost your jersey sales and make that extra dough, so how do you go about interacting with them? Alternatively, if your player truly does not care, how does that affect his interactions with fans? (150+ words)

Aleksi Kettu is a man of the people. He doesn't like to make himself one, he doesn't go out of his way to put himself in a positive spotlight or make a situation about himself. Instead, Kettu quietly helps out around the community. Not just in the Los Angeles area, mind you, but also back in Carolina where he played junior hockey, back in Finland where he was born, and back in France where his parents were born. He holds hockey youth camps in the offseason, free of charge for those in need, while also supplying each kid with their own set of gear. At Los Angeles home games, Kettu has a box where he invites kids from all over to come attend Panthers games free of charge. Not once has Kettu ever spoken about this in an interview, not to any writer or teammate or in any social media post because its not about him. It never was.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Vrana calls a press conference here in Yukon to address the citizens about keeping the team in the city by approving the plans to build a new stadium for the team.

"Ladies and gentlemen, my fellow citizens,

Today, I stand before you to present an idea that has the opportunity to transform our city and welcome a new wave of excitement and prosperity. I propose the construction of a new state-of-the-art hockey stadium and surrounding facilities, and I am here to convince you why it would be an incredible asset to our community.

The new hockey stadium would create a vibrant hub for sports and entertainment. It would attract top-tier hockey teams in a variety of tournaments (WJC, IIHF, etc.), hosting thrilling matches that would draw fans from far and wide. The atmosphere of eccentric crowds and intense competition would not only uplift the spirit of our citizens but also support our local economy. Hotels, restaurants, and businesses surrounding the stadium would benefit, providing new job opportunities among other things.

Thank you for coming to this press conference today, and I hope to see you all at the ballot boxes."

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE -

Slip knew something was up when he was regarded as one of the team's most popular players. Of course this must be a clerical error because he is at most 2nd or 5th most popular. More likely, he is the exact non-controversial middle of the pack vanilla boy.

He decided to test this glitch in the matrix by pushing the campaign for an arena in his literal backyard. He would serve beers out of a cooler and hot dogs from the grill. He could manage both sales, cooking, and playing because he's probably getting about 3 minutes of ice time per period.

So he sets out on his social media campaign with his friend group. If each one of them gets 2 re-blogs and then those re-blogs get another 2 re-blogs, that's like 8 total? The backyard arena seats 20, so we're almost halfway to a full house campaign.

I think what will really sell the idea is the powerpoint that Slip is putting together with pictures of the epic parties he definitely had there before. He just needs to figure out how to photoshop out the stock image watermarks.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

I think a simulation hockey league team in Saskatoon would be fun as there would be huge support from the farming community for something like that. I think hockey could work in Saskatchewan as there is a rink in every small butt fuck nowhere town in Saskatchewan and hockey is big in the province something like Saskatoon would be fun and something maybe as a league and a team that we should look into. Name the team the Saskatoon Berries. Wide peepo happy 3 koivu would play for a team in saskatoon and I think it would be a fun city to see in the simulation hockey league but I dont think expansion is coming anytime soon and one of the teams would have to move there which would suck, unsure if hamilton would move there. I dont think a new arena is nessaecasy as they have one already there ready for the simulation hockey league.

[Image: hallsy.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2023, 02:41 AM by diacope. Edited 3 times in total.)

Something Raiya likes to do to get a little more popular with the SHL fans is interact with them before and after games, it may be brief but plenty get a greeting, off days when she isn't feeling like talking a whole lot things like gaming, YouTube comments and checking in with the Balitmore Plantoon fan forum are also ways Rabinov gets nvolved with the community. On the jersey side of things she's given out a ton of signatures for free so instead of just boosting her own brand the person who buys her memorabilia gets a little increase in value on their end as well. At the end of the day fame isn't a priority for this young star right now, it's all about fitting in and going with the flow, expect her to have a teammate alongside whenever making an appearance online or offline.

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

SSL Affiliate

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

Frankly trying to secure land in Los Angeles for a new arena would be a nightmare, so it’d likely end up in a suburb near Los Angeles rather than LA proper like how SoFi Stadium is in Inglewood.  The even more difficult thing is securing funding.  SoFi Stadium was funded without any money from LA County, which was only possible since the Rams’ owner Stan Kroenke only had the wealth possible to do so by being married to a Walmart heiress.  Unless the Panthers’ owner has access to similar wealth, public funding will be necessary.  This leads to the further problem of negotiating what the owner will fund in return such as an entertainment square or other development which will completely destroy traffic in the surrounding area unless proper public transport is in place.  In short, I’d think it would be much easier to try and secure use of Staples Center (not calling it by it’s new name).

[Image: 1wgIGr9.png]
[Image: MEAGHER.png]
Credit Maxy and Merica for sigs
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2023, 02:45 AM by 5ympathies.)

If ownership wants a new arena they better be prepared to shell out to dish out to pay for that shit themselves cause there is no way in hell I will be endorsing, and advertising and sponsoring myself to convince to con the mislead the general public the taxpayers into spending their money, their tax dollars into subsidizing some billionaires. Oh they are gonna threaten to move the team to sk? Hope you follow through with that and make no money. Have fun saving the money on not building and arena and instead not making money cause nobody goes to your games. And if we move I’m asking for a trade, I’ll ruin your whole franchise. I’ll be the villain, but a fiscal hero for the town. Oh you won’t trade me? I’m going into my 25th season making almost minimum. I’ll just retire. Ain’t no way this is happening on my watch

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

A new arena you say, that is indeed a crazy idea. We just built a new arena when we were founded about 15 seasons ago, and we just invested heavily in the surroundings of the existing arena. But well, if that is the task so be it. I would gather the most fool proof squad in the existence of the Atlanta Inferno to go out to the people and convince them to sign the petition for a new arena. First and foremost, there is our leader, hotdog, who is literally just a hotdog I think. He will be followed by an eel, as this is an up and coming player. His best friend, a duck, will join us alltogether with Agnes McPipe CCLXXVIII. This famous defense bearing is trying to get their shit together. But that's not all, our Japanese superstar Shoyo Hinata joins as well as Pablo and Paul. Last but not least, one of the Koivus joins in Binko. And of course myself, Michael Withecheck is part of the squad. No problem in getting the signatures.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

[Image: NDkh18e.png]

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

PLAYER PROMPT - Get That Sweater-sales Bag

Written Task: Tell me what your player does to boost his profile with the fans! You probably want to be popular with them, if only to boost your jersey sales and make that extra dough, so how do you go about interacting with them? Alternatively, if your player truly does not care, how does that affect his interactions with fans? (150+ words)

After being the top sweater seller in Calgary for several seasons in a row, a big challenge for Grogu as Season 71 begins is how to get Montreal fans to want to buy his sweater also. It's not easy as a new player on a team with many long-time players, to replace those players in the fans' hearts as the guy whose jersey they want to rock. But Grogu is determined to become the top dog in the Patriotes fandom. It helps, of course, that he is a somewhat known commodity, as a 4-time winner of the Jeff Dar Award, but in the Eastern conference, nobody plays defense so they don't really know what that is. So he reckons the best way to capture the attention is to get lots of points! So far his strategy is working as he has 3 hat tricks in just 17 games, already has a 7 point game, and currently leads the league in assists. Already fans are abandoning their Gretzky and Strongo jerseys and starting to sport more 97's in the stands. It helps obviously that grogu is super cute, too, so he gets the kid vote! But until he is able to really make people forget about McHits and Brick Wall, he might have an uphill battle to get to the very top of the heap, perhaps winning a scoring title or an MVP nod, or even better a Challenge Cup, will convince the few remaining doubters that he is the best!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Quote:Tell me what your player does to boost his profile with the fans! You probably want to be popular with them, if only to boost your jersey sales and make that extra dough, so how do you go about interacting with them? Alternatively, if your player truly does not care, how does that affect his interactions with fans? (150+ words)

Noel has always tried to do his best to give back as much as he can to the communities he is a part of as they are the reason that he's able to play professional hockey for a living. Without the fans he wouldn't get the big pay cheque he does to do something he loves. It starts with the little things, just being around and willing to talk to the fans after games, practices, when you bump into them on the street. Signing autographs for kids and taking selfies with people. Those little things go a long way. He also takes part in a fair number of charity initiatives, often when the Aurora set up events he is almost always willing to participate or attend unless he has something else on the schedule. He actually set up his own charity golf tournament as well where all proceeds of the weekend go to The Boys and Girls Club of Winnipeg as well as other clubs around Canada. He worked there for a summer job as a young fellow and he has tried to help them out where he can ever since.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

personally binko koivu of the team that is currently located in atlanta (the atlanta inferno) would really love for the team to be relocated to saskatoon so as a result of that line of thinking he is personally in favour of the new arena to not be constructed and for ownership to follow through with their threats! now why would any one want this to happen you might ask? well binko has seen into some alternate realities and has seen that teams that relocate to saskatchewan and rebrand as the whitetails seem to have good success and even may win a cup and pebble @Jepox has shared these visions as well so binko thinks it could be a great move now all we need to do is to convince hotdog @hotdog to follow through with his threats like you made those threats now you have to do them ha! get fucked! we're going to saskatchewan! i think @micool132 would rather we moved to quebec though

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Today, I find myself grappling with a decision that has caused quite a stir within the Buffalo Stampede organization. Our team's owner, Mr. Thomas, approached me with a request to help advocate for a new arena. While it may seem like a straightforward task, I made the difficult choice to refuse. It's not that I don't understand the importance of having a state-of-the-art arena for our team and fans. I recognize that a new venue can provide improved facilities, enhanced fan experience, and even attract more revenue. However, there are certain principles that I hold dear, and they clashed with the idea of endorsing this particular venture.For starters, the proposed arena would require significant public funding. As a professional athlete, I am well aware of the dedication and hard work that goes into earning a living. I believe that taxpayer money should be allocated responsibly, prioritizing critical areas like education, healthcare, and infrastructure. It's challenging for me to justify advocating for a new arena when there are pressing needs within our community that remain unaddressed.

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Clint Clampton of the Hamilton Steelhawks, is working hard to boost his profile, engage with fans, and bring in more of those sweet jersey sales. Clint has made a silly little TikTok to engage with his fans or people who come across his videos. Blowing up on TikTok is a great way to boost a personal presence that fans can engage with. He regularly shares behind-the-scenes glimpses of his training sessions, game-day preparations, and blooper moments, allowing fans to feel connected to his journey. Clint also takes time to interact with followers, responding to their comments, and making them feel valued and appreciated. He also participates in community events, charity drives, and fan meet-and-greets. By embracing these opportunities, he establishes personal connections with supporters, leaving a lasting impact on and off the ice. Clint's genuine enthusiasm for the game shines through in his interactions, making him a fan favourite. On top of regular jersey sales, he has merchandise that references fan inside jokes to bring in more revenue.

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]