Create Account

Cillian Kavanagh Retirement Ceremony
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2023, 07:12 PM by CapnCooper. Edited 1 time in total.)

Cillian Kavanagh Retirement Ceremony

[Image: dhMHdTZ.png]
2037-10-5
(2023-05-29)
Hamilton Steelhawks vs. Texas Renegades

First home game of the season

Ladies and Gentleman, please join us before the game as we celebrate the career of a Texas Renegades Legend. 

Renegades fans, teammates, management and everyone else, it is time to recognize greatness. It is time to celebrate the achievements, excellence and impressive career of our friend, teammate, goalie and superstar, Cillian Kavanagh. 

[Image: oYKeuSr.png]
(graphic designed by FaraDian)

Kavanagh started his career in Dublin, Ireland and he’s been stopping pucks ever since they could learn to walk. Kavanagh quickly made a word for himself as he began his journey through various junior teams. It didn’t take long before they started making their way towards finding the SHL and beginning their career. Kavanagh was not drafted into the SMJHL. He was signed midway through season 51 by the Kelowna Knights where he managed to get a taste of the league. In his first season he only played five games and only had one win, but SHL GMs saw the potential in that small sample size. 

At the S52 SHL entry draft, Kavanagh was drafted by the San Franciso Pride in the 2nd round, 22nd overall. It wasn’t long before Kavanagh found the opportunity to sign with the Texas Renegades just before S57 started where he began to establish his legacy. Kavanagh began his journey splitting games with White Goodman, but started to take over as the starter very quickly. It didn’t take long for Kavanagh to get a taste for winning as Texas was a competitive team just as he joined. It was in Season 59 that he established history. During those playoffs, Kavanagh took over in net and helped the team make their way to their first championship since season 36 ending a 23 season Cup drought, Texas’s 5th Challenge Cup. During that run, Kavanagh played 16 games, had 12 wins, 2 shutouts and a 0.934 SV%. Kavanagh was unstoppable. He’d soon do it again a couple seasons later in Season 62! With 24 games played and 16 wins, 2 more playoff shutouts and a 0.931 SV%, Kavanagh would help close the door and would have another opportunity to lift and share the Challenge Cup with the Texas Renegades!

During his complete time with the Renegades, Kavanagh would play 736 games (654 in the SHL), get 356 wins (335 in the SHL), post a 0.908 SV% and earn 53 total shutouts (49 in the SHL)! Kavanagh was also the recipient of the Mike Honcho Award for least goals allowed in a season twice in his career, season 60 and season 63 as well as a recipient of the S62 Anton Razov Trophy as the playoff MVP. It is often believed by his teammates and management, that The Texas Renegades would not have earned their Challenge Cup titles without him.

We would now like to take a moment to share words from former teammates of Kavanagh.

Dirty Boots:
I met Kavanagh shortly after I was drafted to Texas after the S62 entry draft! I was just getting myself familiar with the league, but Texas was well established as a contending team and favorite at the time. Kavanagh was easily one of the most hard working players on the team. He and Andreas Kvalheim were always the first ones at the rink. It was infectious behavior and I quickly learned from the best of the best. I was sent back down to Detroit during season 62 but I watched closely as Texas made their way to finish 3rd in the league standings. I knew once they beat Chicago in the 2nd round that season that the cup was theirs. Watching that Game 7 Challenge Cup final was insane. I was on the edge of my seat the whole game, but it was amazing to see them beat Hamilton 4-2 and win the Cup. It’s definitely a moment I’ll never forget even if I wasn’t part of the roster. Seeing the team celebrate was a sight to see and I knew that one day I wanted to do the same. Bring another Cup to Texas. Kavanagh is such a great guy and he deserves this recognition so much! We already miss him on the team, but now with his jersey and number to be retired, he’ll always be a part of the Texas Renegades!

Theo Kondos:
Playing with Kavanagh is definitely a core memory of my career. The great team we had in Texas, from going through the rebuild to winning championships there was one consistent, and it was Kavanagh. Good game, or bad game we knew Kav was always going to give us his best. Kavanagh is a legend on the ice, but also a great guy off the ice. All the best in retirement.

David-Arturri Donskoi:
It’s been an honour to have played with you, Cillian! Your reputation follows you. You really made an impact on and off the team, as everybody here has a lot of respect for you as a person and also you as a player. You’re clearly one of the greatest Renegades to ever live! Thank you for everything you did for us and happy retirement!

Anthony Dionne:
I’m lucky to say that I had Cillian Kvanagh as a mentor when I got the callup to play with the Renegades. I will always remember my first game in the SHL. I got the callup the same year that I got drafted in S66, and it was already the 10th of Kavanagh in the league so he took care of me and gave me some advice that he used to relax and be mentally ready for the game. He was happy for me to get the opportunity to show what I can do, and said after the game that it was one of the most impressive performances by a rookie he saw in his entire life. In the last two seasons, I had the starting job, but he was always there to show some support and even if the team was in a difficult position, he knew that with his advice, we will turn it around. This time is almost there, but he won’t be there with us to see and feel it like a team member. Hope you will continue to cheer for us, even from the outside! All the best in your retirement, enjoy it like you deserved it! 

Team Captain, and long time teammate, Andreas Kvalheim:

Cillian, it’s been an honour to be teammates with you for all these seasons. Not only with the Renegades but also internationally with Team Norway as well. We’ve shared countless memories on and off the ice, the highlight of which is undoubtedly winning the two Challenge Cups. I’ve always maintained that your signing with the Renegades was the best move this team made during its entire run of success during that time. Your confidence and competence in the net led this team to winning it all, and this ceremony tonight is more than deserved. Wishing you all the best in your retirement!

The Texas Renegades team would now like to present Kavanagh with a gift from the roster. Kav, please join your team as they present you with your gift!

Andreas Kvalheim leads the team as he and Donskoi are passed a silver goalie stick by the trainers and equipment managers. They make their way to Kav to present it to him. A symbol of skill and passion for the game. Donskoi also reveals a box for Kav. As he presents it to him, Kav finds the box contains a beautiful Rolex watch with team colors on the strap. Finally they make their way to a gift that’s been covered underneath a large black cloth throughout the ceremony. Kvalheim and Hodor grab a corner each and unveil a large barrel. The barrel contains a 75 year aged Whiskey from the finest distillers of Texas. The team gathers in front of the barrel for a great big team photo as all of Kav's teammates and friends give him great big hugs to show their appreciation of his friendship and sportsmanship.

The assistant and general managers, CapnCooper and Anthique, would like to take a moment to present Cillian Kavanagh with a gift. 

CapnCooper steps up to the microphone:
“Hello Texas! Thank you all for joining us tonight on this special evening as we celebrate the great career of Cillian Kavanagh! Since joining us in Texas, there were a few things that stood out about him that we all came to cherish and admire. His fantastic attitude towards his teammates and the fans. His determination and perseverance. And one thing we’ll remember most, that he always got to the rink by getting a ride from his mom. It may have been superstition, it may have just been quality family time, but we wanted to recognize and thank Mrs. Kavanagh for all her hard work in getting you here for every game! To remember those moments fondly we have a gift for the two of you! Anthique and I would like to present your mother and yourself with two brand new, fully loaded Chevy Silverados!”

Two black Chevy Silverados enter the rink from the Zamboni doors driven by Rene the Wolf and Anthique! The Texas Renegades logo is very visible on the hood of the truck. As Rene and Anthique step out they walk over to Kav and his mother and provide them with the keys to the truck and exchange hugs and handshakes while photos are taken.

“Please enjoy your new vehicles! Let them take you to your next adventure whether it’s here in Texas or back home in Ireland!”

And now ladies and gentleman, let’s hear from the man himself, Cillian Kavanagh!

taps mic TEXAS! standing ovation from the crowd THIS IS FOR YOU, THE FANS!
What an incredible honor to have played 13 seasons for such a world class organization with the most dedicated fanbase in all of sports. Together, we have shared the thrills of triumph and the lessons of resilience. The energy from your cheers and unwavering chants has fueled our spirit over the years, and it is your unwavering loyalty that has made this organization truly exceptional. 

What I already miss above all, is competing night in and night out shoulder to shoulder with my supportive teammates, who I would not be up here tonight without. To each and every Renegade that I had the pleasure to lace them up with, I say thank you. We have formed an unbreakable bond, a family that goes beyond the game itself. Together, we have shared the sweat, the tears, and the sweet taste of victory..2 CHALLENGE CUPS! Each one of you has left an indelible mark on my life, and I am honored to have shared the ice with you.

To each and every fan, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for believing in us. Our triumphs are your triumphs, our memories forever intertwined. This honor bestowed upon me tonight is a testament to the power of unity and passion that defines our great sport. 

Thank you to the leadership group here now and those who have come and gone for your hard work and dedication to this franchise that I hold so close to my heart. May our team forever soar to new heights, fueled by the unwavering spirit of our incredible fans.

Texas, forever!
textextex chant ensues

We would now ask Cillian to take his family and loved ones to the goalie crease as we unveil the number retirement banner!

Ladies and gentlemen, please celebrate as we raise to the rafters of La Salle Arena, Cillian Kavanagh’s number 30!

[Image: qyLTcuh.png]
(retirement banner designed by FaraDian)

Thank you Kav for everything you’ve done for your teammates and for the franchise! We appreciate everything you've done for us and we all wish you a happy retirement! 

TEX TEX TEX

Renegades Renegades Renegades

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Renegades Renegades Renegades

Getting ready because there is only 364 days before the next hockey team selection   Renegades

[Image: Ggpmsvy.png]

tex tex tex

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Renegades !

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Honored to have been a part of this, though I never got to play with Cillian Renegades

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

that's my goalie  Cry

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]

I had a lot of fun writing this up! Obviously big shout out to @takethehorizon on a great career!

I also wanted to say a big Thank You to everyone who toke some time to write up a few words for Kav: @Ohtaay @LarryTheMVP @Anthique @raymond3000

And a HUGE thanks to @FaraDian for providing some amazing graphics to help celebrate and make this feel more official!

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Great career for Kavanagh! An honor to play alongside him (more one on the bench and the other on the ice lol)! Hope you like the attention Smile

Take notes for when you are retiring @raymond3000 , you will have something special too !

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Renegades Renegades Renegades 

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

Thank you so much to @CapnCooper for putting all of this together and to @LarryTheMVP @Ohtaay @Anthique & @raymond3000 for the kind words..it truly means alot to me! Also big shoutout to @FaraDian for the graphics, looks great - much appreciated!

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

05-30-2023, 08:42 AMtakethehorizon Wrote: Thank you so much to @CapnCooper for putting all of this together and to @LarryTheMVP @Ohtaay @Anthique & @raymond3000 for the kind words..it truly means alot to me! Also big shoutout to @FaraDian for the graphics, looks great - much appreciated!
Used your own renders, ha! But happy to give you a cool tagline and a banner with some outlaw font flair ?

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

05-30-2023, 09:55 AMFaraDian Wrote: Used your own renders, ha! But happy to give you a cool tagline and a banner with some outlaw font flair ?

That would be awesome, sure!

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]