Create Account

S70 Pride Team Awards and S71 Captains

Greetings, beta eye enthusiasts! I’m back yet again to celebrate another season with the Pride by handing out some team awards. I imagine myself like Michael Scott in Chili’s during these but I hope people are enjoying these! Last season we were hoping to make a trip back to the playoffs but just fell short. We were however lucky to win the draft lottery at get the first-overall pick. We had an incredible draft which saw Kluster, Spidey and Alaska all come to San Francisco in the top six picks in the draft! The future is awfully bright for us and we look forward to seeing another crop of new users making their debut for the Pride tonight.

Over the off-season we said farewell to some players that were aging out and Caleb retired his first player and our starter Hayden. He heads over to spy on New England as they have a solid chance at repeating their championship win season and we also brought back a familiar face in Davies and brought in Halk from Manhattan to get some more life onto the team. We’re going to be a bit better than last season and with some new masterminds analyzing FHM and it’s uniqueness we’re hoping that we can finally get back to the post-season.

We’re already at a point where I think that we have one of the best communities throughout all the sim leagues. This is an extremely close group of players and management who want to see all of us develop and become better together. This team is going to be something very, very special and I can’t wait to see how far things go. There are so many people I want to praise and thank so with that being said let’s get into the S70 team awards!

The Alex Petrenko Award
Our first award to hand out tonight is the Petrenko award. This award is presented to the individual who has shined as a leader strictly from a locker room perspective. They’re someone that carries the conversations when things are quiet and someone who makes everyone feel welcomed. They encompass what we want from a user on the team and are someone that the team looks up to. Here are our nominations this season:

Sophie Bordeleau @boom
Slavakov Vladimirashenko @Bfine
Caleb Hayden @Caleb

We’ve got some returning faces listed for this one again! Sota has been here quite a few times and now that he came back to the Pride before the start of S70 it’s no surprise that he is coming back to this list. He’s joined by Boom and Caleb who were both nominated last season with Caleb taking the wins on his first go around in these awards. All users are fantastic people and close friends and really help keep the energy alive even when we go through a rough streak. There was one clear winner though with 67 per cent of the vote and the winner is…

pride Slavakov Vladimirashenko! pride

Sota and I have grown awfully close over the years which is surprising since I didn’t scout him and let everything fall apart in SFP according to him. Regardless, he is definitely one of the most active voices in SFP if not the most active. He’s always welcoming of new faces to the team and is something that really drives the team energy for us. Getting Sota was a miracle for the team and I think really started to sway the success the team was building at that point and being such a friendly user got the new faces on the team happy to be part of the squad. Couldn’t be here without you pal!

The Kelly Rivet Award
Now we’ve got the Kelly Rivet Award to award! This trophy goes to the MVP on the ice as voted by the rest of the team. Last season this award went to Boom in a 100 per cent vote but this time we’ve got some nominations. Is there anyone that can get the Rivet from Sophie? Let’s see our nominations!

Sophie Bordeleau @boom
KyIe Murray @Jimmysmo27

Nice to see some new faces here! This season was another great one for Sophie who has just really embraced her game. She led the team in goals with 30 and points with 79. Slavakov led the defenders with 37 points and an incredible 21 goals for a shooting percentage just short of 13 per cent. Jimmy joined the team for his rookie campaign and was a superstar. While he didn’t get nominated for rookie of the year he was incredible for San Francisco with his near point-per-game pace. This season’s winner is…

pride Sophie Bordeleau! @boom pride

Sophie really became the quarterback of this team. She carried the offense for the team and gave us the chance to compete with some of the bigger dogs in the league. Being a few seasons ahead in development she was able to get the best out of her younger linemates and was sensational. Breaking the 30-goal mark again is awfully impressive and demonstrates that Sophie is going to have an incredible career even if it’s no longer with the Pride. :sadgelion:

The Jack Tanner Award
Now we’ve got the Jack Tanner Award! This award goes to the player that the team felt was most underrated with their performance on the ice. With a younger roster there is plenty of talent that can be overlooked and here are the people that the team wanted to shout out this go around. Our nominees:

Leon Athanasios @Spartan
Toasty @Toast
KyIe Murray @Jimmysmo27
Liam Slate @Tylar

This is the final appearance for Leon and the Tanner award unfortunately. Spartan has retired and we can’t thank him enough for his contributions! For a third rounder cost we got absolutely spoiled with Leon. He had another great campaign with above 50 points. Slava we talked about earlier and led the defenders while being overlooked maybe for the more successful forwards. KyIe had an absolutely incredible season. My own player made the jump to the SHL and managed to tie for the team’s lead in +/-. Slate joined us in FA and despite getting older in player age still managed a great season with 40 points! While we have so many nominees, we do only have one winner and that person is:

pride KyIe Murray! pride

I think it’s a crime that Murray didn’t get at least a nomination for rookie of the season but won’t get into that too much. The important thing is that the team recognizes the performance of Jimmy’s player and he very deservedly dominated the vote for the Tanner this go around. With a very promising start I’m hoping that Murray will keep it up and become a leader for the team and not get nominated for one of these again!

The Henrik Lekberg Osterman Award
Now with the correct name order! Can’t believe I didn’t get called out for that last season! The HLO Award is given to the player/user that encompasses it all. On ice success and a locker room leader, this user is someone who their teammates felt went above and beyond the usual player responsibilities and made our team and league a better place to be. As I mentioned, I’m extremely proud of the group we have in San Francisco. There are many users that deserve praise here and let’s look over the list of nominees:

Caleb Hayden @Caleb
Smart of Caleb to retire and get traded so he can’t get nominated for this three times in a row! Caleb is the lifeblood of San Francisco, there is no denying that. Hayden will always be one of the best picks that San Francisco has ever made as he has embraced the Co-GM role with such dedication that I know this franchise is going somewhere special. Caleb is heavily involved throughout the SHL in various areas and is a recognizable user that we are happy to have as a centerpiece of this franchise for the future. Thanks for being such a good starter for two seasons!

Capy Bara @TheWoZy
OK he pull up. The acquisition of Wozy last season came suddenly but was a perfect match. Capy is someone we can rely on for seasons moving forward on our defensive core and joined the group of users that were on Edmonton and now find a home in San Francisco. We have already had the wonderful creation of GORT come from Wozy’s arrival and the daily capy bara GIFs have added quite a bit of joy to the room. We’re thrilled to have Wozy on the squad and hope to see this pairing go on for much longer!

Sophie Bordeleau @boom
Boom is a past Pride of the Pride/HLO winner and is someone this franchise treasured. I’ve spilled my praise for Boom all over this league and I can’t say enough about how great of a GM candidate she is. It’s unfortunate that it is for a division rival but we are excited to see this new era in Calgary! As a SFP user Boom was incredible and was the cornerstone of this franchise. While I know there will be no change to activity in the SFP discord this is still somewhat bittersweet as we say a farewell to a SFP superstar who was on pace to shatter team records and a technical goodbye to a user who represented the team values to a tee.

There is a reason that Sota has been listed for multiple awards tonight. As I’ve said before, Sota is simply an incredible user. He is exactly what we wanted to build around in San Francisco and is someone I will go to bat for time and time again. He’s a great advocate for the activity in our locker room and is someone who chips in wherever he can throughout the league even if it results in him getting thunderdomed apparently. The self-proclaimed Simp Club leader may be rebelling but there is no denying that he will go to whatever length to help his team no matter the cost (his despair of being stuck being a defender).

Sven Svenson @LordBirdman
The forever captain. Birdman has been around for a very long time in San Francisco and is one of the last pieces remaining from the past generation. The former Mexico winner is always involved on the ice despite regression throwing everything they can at him. As a user, Birdman is a very recognizable face in San Francisco and is around daily to provide whatever support he can. We’re incredibly happy to have a user like him around could not be happier for him as teammates offering support for anything going on in his life much like how he is always one of the first to offer his support and advice to others. He’s an incredible user and absolutely deserves this recognition through the nomination.

This season’s winner is…
pride Slavakov Vladimirashenko / @Bfine! pride

We’ve got a repeat/returning winner! I really can’t say enough about Sota. He is such a positive team-focused user that I really don’t know where we would be without him. He’s one of my closest pals and is there for me when burnt toast tries to fight anything around him and set things ablaze. He’s this person not just for me but so, so many people and deserves all of the acknowledgement and praise.

As someone who is miserable as a defender it was nice to see his player break the shooting percentage meme from his first run with San Francisco. I’m glad that we were able to get him an opportunity to chase a cup with Chicago and hopefully before Slavakov needs to hang up the skates we will be able to make a Cinderella run with the Pride.

Thank you for everything you do for not just me, but the whole team as well. We love you!

——

[Image: nkm0dhL.png]

As always we’re closing this one off with the captaincy announcement for S71. With Sophie moving to Calgary we’ve got a new face joining us this time!

Captain

pride Sven Svenson - @LordBirdman pride

Birdman represents multiple eras of this team now. As someone who admitted he wasn’t sure when he first joined the franchise to becoming one of the people you immediately think of when you think of the Pride, there is no one else I think who should be wearing the C instead. While I’ve always said that Sven will be wearing the C until he dies I’m still going to use this as a reason to give Sven all the praise that I can! We’re so thankful to have you as our captain.

Alternate Captains

pride Slavakov Vladimirashenko / @Bfine pride
pride Viktor Hargreeves / @lore pride

A rookie with the A? Absolutely. Lore is one of my favourite people on the league and was an incredibly underrated draft pick back at his draft. We will be absolutely be building around Viktor going forward and I can’t wait to see what Viktor does this season. Sota is Sota. I’ve said enough about him in this post.

Goodbye and good night!

!rollpride
Code:
2200 words

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

pride pride pride

Congrats all!

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

do they do trophy presentations over zoom

Congrats to the winners!

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

:sfpspinny:

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Thank you all so much! GO PRIDE!  pride pride pride

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!