Create Account

S71 SMJHL PT #2 - Season Preview

The SMJHL season is about to start, after we all got a taste of juniors hockey with preseason. In the 7-game span of preseason, teams got a pretty good look into what to expect, and also who the key contributors are likely to be. How is your team looking ahead of this season, and who are gonna be the main pieces of your squads?
Written option: Talk about how your team is looking ahead of the coming season. Include at least 3 players who will be key to the success of the team, plus an explanation why they will be crucial. Must include 150 words.
Graphic option: Create a magazine cover style graphic with a headline for the team, plus a render for a key player on your team's squad. Make sure to identify which player the render is supposed to be in the graphic.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one, not both.)
Only S71 SMJHL Rookies (S72 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL, or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, June 4th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

As the upcoming season approaches, the Regina Elk team is brimming with anticipation and excitement. The team's outlook is promising, with a strong roster that includes three key players who will play crucial roles in their success: "E E," an elite left winger; "Gritty McGritterson," an elite center; and "Boho Biscuit," the skilled number one defenseman.

"E E" brings an elite level of skill and finesse to the team's offense. With exceptional speed, agility, and scoring ability, they consistently pose a threat to opposing defenses. Their ability to generate goals and create scoring opportunities will be essential in driving the team's offensive production.

"Gritty McGritterson" is a dynamic presence in the center position. Known for their tenacity, physicality, and strong two-way play, they bring a well-rounded game to the team. Their leadership qualities, ability to win crucial faceoffs, and defensive acumen make them a linchpin in the team's overall strategy.

On the defensive end, "Boho Biscuit" shines as a reliable and skilled defenseman. Being the number 1, they epitomize defensive stability, utilizing their strong positioning, excellent stickwork, and ability to disrupt opponents' plays. Their disciplined approach and ability to initiate offensive plays from the blue line will be instrumental in the team's defensive success and transition game.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2023, 10:56 PM by Kaliyevl34l.)

My team the Kelowna Knights  Knights had a very good pre season with a record of 4-1-2! Knowing/Showing how we did in the pre season lets us know what we need to improve on as a team and players and it also shows other teams in the league what we contribute to this league and that we wont go down without a fight. After looking at how we did in the pre season and at the start of the current season the Knights have a positive attitude and mindset that we can be one of the top teams this season and possibly have a deep playoff run. The 3 people that will contribute majorly to this team is 

1.Tibuk Soonika, There is nothing better than to have a top goalie as the last line of defense for your team, it gives the players and coaches a positive outlook as they can significantly impact the outlook of a game. I truly believe Tibuk is a top goaltender. 

2. Wonada Jagrs, Wonada has been in the SMJHL for 3 seasons now and this provides alot of experience and knowledge for not only the team but also new rookies that are coming in like myself. Wonada will contribute immensely to this team by providing not only goals and assists but also points!

3. Kelowna's GMs- Snussu and Artermis, I truly believe that they will provide the most success to this team. They put this team together, they are the ones that make all the trades, Signings, Drops, etc.. that will be crucial to how this team succeeds this season. Having a management with experience and know what they are doing is what is going to bring cups to a team and with the group that they have put together this season shows that they are out here to compete and the final aim is to get the cup and bring it home to Kelowna! 

Good Luck to all SMJHL teams this season! I wish everyone the best of luck! 

(419 Words)

[img]```[Image: W6NIRSC.jpg]

[Image: kaliyev-1.png]

A young Quebec City Citadelles Citadelles will be in for a ride this season. As the team ranked 13th in TPE, there will be a monumental task to achieve here for the young roster. Unfortunately, the team isn't all that young either, with our top key players having just one more season past this one to try for another championship. As a team that seems to have sold its soul for the miracle run in S69, a return to the finals seems unlikely this season. However, there are a few key spots to look out for magic to happen.

1. The Leaders, Nathan Cormier and Smurfunkel Dothe:
As rookies during the run in S69, these players have grown into the team leaders in the locker room and on the ice, with the highest TPE counts on the roster and the loudest voices off the ice. If there is lots of development in Quebec City this season, make sure to remember these vets leading the way.

2. The Rooks, Jeff Hunziker and Jaromir Jagrbomb:
These two high picks in this recent draft will be expected to have a massive day-one impact if this team is to get anything done this season. Expectations are set high for the new blood, as they strive to replace the old guard in Quebec and forge the way for a potential youth movement here for this team on the retool.

3. Management and Coaching, Ramen and Flex
The only way that this conventionally weak roster will come out with results is if the coaching is perfect. Quebec is known for their elite tactics getting them places the roster couldn't, with the S69 run proving the intelligence in the war room and the secrets in the war chest buried deep in the Quebec snow. Expect more brilliance from the coaching staff and management as they plan to bring this team back to its elite status. (321 words)

Links: Updates | Player Page | Bank

It seems as the Grizzlies are in a bit of a rebuild season coming off a strong S71 draft where they acquired tout defensemen, center depth and goaltending. GFG took a hit in the offseason losing their top centerman early leaving a hole the in the center position. Fortunately wings are a strong-suit for GFG giving lots of depth down the sides as they will look to the wingers to provide most of the scoring this season. GFG would perhaps benefit looking at picking up a centerman in free agency or elect to draft one or two in next year's draft. Kavanagh will likely be the starting net minder in the crease for his rookie season debut and for the next few seasons. He'll have to be good as it could be difficult for this team to put up points on the offensive side of things. Once GFG provides support down the center and their defense/goaltending prospects mature, they should be looking to compete in the near future.

Word Count: 169

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

This year the Detroit Falcons outlook can be summarized in one simply phrase: "it ain't good Bob."  The team has 2 players above 250 TPE and currently has rookies playing in net, on the top pairing, and top lines.  Unsurprisingly those 3 rookies are the biggest keys to Detroit's success this season and a hopeful playoff upset.  All 3 of them are in the top 15 of their draft class with Wayne Holloway in net being the lowest TPE already at 228.  All that is to say is the trio of Zedward, Wayne, and The Murray all project to break that 250 TPE barrier during the season and set Detroit up as a difficult out come playoff time.  Some honorable mentions that I don't want to overlook as important pieces for the Falcons this season are their 2 stars at the top of the lineup capped at 425 apiece Billy Harrington and 4 Chainz.  They will need to carry The Murray on the top line as he tries to keep up.  I'd also be remiss if I ignored Trevor Lahey, rookie center, already at 215 TPE and also projecting to break that 250 barrier.

We are all ready to exceed expectations this season. Detroit has a winning culture and we have enough players to make an impact this season. Is a Four Star Cup out of the question? These players will have a say:

1. Billy Herrington - LW

Billy has been a star in Detroit all 3 seasons so far. From S68-70 he has scored 72, 86, and 80 points. In preseason this year Billy started with 5 points. Through the first 3 games of the regular season, Billy now has his first 4 points of the season.

2. 4 Chainz - C

4 Chainz is another player who should be a star forward. After two decent seasons with 67 and 60 points, S70 sparked a new high for Chainz with a whopping 92 points! If 4 Chainz is able to keep this level of production up, they will be the next key player for Detroit's offense.

3. Zedward Zilliams - LD

Zedward is a rookie this season, but is already proving to be a valuable defensive pickup for Detroit. Through the first 3 games of the season, Zedward already has 18 blocked shots. The next highest on Detroit has 5! This rookie starter is going to be a top defender this season.

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

Falcons sucess this season isn't really too optimistic, although at the seasons second half those rookie will improve, to say at very least, so the start of the season could be little harsh, but it will progress game to game.
Zedward Zilliams game has been really exciting so far, he is really hard-working, isn't afraid of physical game and enjoying drops for a nice block. He will be awarded with good amount of points and is upcoming new franchise leader after couple of seasons

The Murray will be our top liner together with the capped out guys, so he will learn and acquire tricks and tips through out the every games. He has already high IQ of the game, but with these mentors, he could be THE next record breaking player. They already have good chemistry so I'm expecting this line to be on fire.

Wayne Holloway as the first and only goal tender is going to have a lot of job every night. He will need to have good concentration and mental thoughness as it could get ugly quite early in games for the youngster goalie. Talented one, good work ethic, but he has to grind that experience

Rage Falcons Latvia Latvia Falcons Rage
[Image: HOlloway.png]

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

I'm Remington Richardson III and i play for the Vancouver Whalers. i believe our team is set up well for success, especially on offense. While our defense is solid, and will only get more solid as some new players (including myself) get more TPE, our offense is going to carry the squad.

Starting with:
Center - Klaes Ashford
Klaes is expected to spend the season as the first line center, crushing it in the offensive zone and chipping in on the defensive side of the puck. He'll be expected to shoulder a lot of the load, as much as a first line center is expected to be the shining light for teams.

Then, the wingers:
Right Wing - Jeff Lewis
Right Wing - Inactive Forever

One of these two will likely make their debut on the left. Being a right handed shot on the left wing has usually been a prototype for success, especially on the powerplay. In between Ashford, these two big cats will be expected to bang in the goals.

It looks to be a fun season in Vancouver!

(180 words)

[Image: image.png]

The Det Falcons are a team with high hopes and big dreams, but those hopes and dreams can only take you so far. But that's not going to hold this team back. this team has a young and strong team that will only grow as the season continues. Our rookies this season this season will be a force to be reckoned with. Zedward Zilliams who currently leads the draft class in TPE who I expect to be a formidable power on D. Our goalie, Wayne, has the resilience to shake things off when the games get rough, he will be a tough wall to break. The Murray, who isn't too far behind in the TPE race, will be a very strong froward due to his ability to learn things quick. What's better that 2 chainz? 4 Chainz, enough said about the team captain. And lastly, Trevor Lahey, who isn't too far behind in the rankings will soon be on top due to his pure determination to be something great.  Thanks for attending my TED talk.

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

Heading into the season, I’m not sure what to really expect from my player. I know that St. Louis is at the early stages of contending. What I mean by that is that we’re not even contending we’re just starting to build. I think we have a lot to look forward to and the start that we’ve had to the season of two wins and two losses is very refreshing. My player also being a point per game right now is a very cool feeling as being a long time member, I know the struggle of developing on teams. I think my player is going to have a really good season and I’m super excited for it.

Heading into the season, I’m not sure what to really expect from my player. I know that St. Louis is at the early stages of contending. What I mean by that is that we’re not even contending we’re just starting to build. I think we have a lot to look forward to and the start that we’ve had to the season of 2-5-1 is somewhat expected from myself. We had a decent start splitting the first four games but now it looks like we’re starting to play how our roster is built.. My player also being a point per game right now is a very cool feeling as being a longtime member. I know the struggle of developing on teams. I think my player is going to have a really good season and I’m super excited for it. 9 points in 8 games as a rookie!

There’s a lot of good members on the St. Louis scarecrows that could be credited for success this season and in the coming seasons. Outside of Wolf, Sandstrom, SVDS and Doug Or three other players on the team right now that are contributing largely to their success. Sandstrom is leading the team right now for points, SVDS is right behind Wolfe and Doug is the leading defenceman on the team right now. A few of the young guys they just drafted to have played decently and I’m really excited for the future.

(370 words)

The Regina Elk are looking to be one of the top teams of the SMJHL this coming season. After the first 9 games played, the Elk stand alone at the top with 15 points with 7 wins, 1 loss, and 1 tie. There are three key players who will help lead the Elk to the cup, and they are Goalkeeper Ally Mathieson, Center Gritty McGritterson, and Defenseman Willow Soderberg-Snooks. 

Ally Mathieson has had an impressive start to the season and the Elk expect them to continue the pace. With 370 minutes played, Mathieson has only given up 15 goals with 135 saves, creating a .90 save percentage!

Gritty McGritterson is playing on another level to start the season and hopes to continue to throughout the remaining games. They currently sit tied for 1st with goals at 15 and second in assists with 14 (just one behind fellow Elk E E!). 

And the Elk leading Defenseman(woman?) Willow Soderberg-Snooks (Snooki for short) is the third player who will play a big part in leading the Elk to a cup. They are tied for 2nd in plus minus and lead the league in blocked shots, helping Mathieson and the team as a whole.

Let’s go Elk! (207 words)

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

The Kraken are set going into the season Offensively with a loaded pair of wings in Wagner-Seven & Kasrba there won't be any issue getting the puck in goal. However the true key to our success will be on the Defensive front where a rotation of true rookies are being thrown into the fire. First up we've got the dynamic duo of Left Defenseman Westley Kirkpatrick and Lazer Gato. These two are going to have to build a bit of Chemistry together, and likely work on their ability to rotate between Right/Left Defense as needed if the Kraken want to have a shot at stopping opposing Forwards. Their primary goal is going to be if they can get the puck out to Quarterback Curious Betsy whose laser accurate handling skills should be enough to get down ice and give a chance for the aforementioned Wagner & Kasrba to make shots on goal. All in all a true team effort is what'll take for Carolina.

[Image: wizard_literal2.gif]
[Image: SZRCDpe.png]