Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #2 - Detroit Falcons (trashae)
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2023, 01:24 AM by Scrufdaddy. Edited 1 time in total.)

I've been using these deep dives to be a bit introspective starting with a look at the Kelowna Knights, a team that I have captained and GM'ed for, and the older half of their roster.  Now I want to take a look on my second player at my new J team and analyze the 350 eligible players on the Detroit Falcons.  I am going to do this differently from the last time around and go in descending order starting with the most recent S72 players.  As I am included on this list I will mention my player, but largely skip over their breakdown and projection.

S72 Future Stars
The draft may not even be two week away, but the Falcons appear to have hit on 4 of their 5 draft picks.  The additional highlight of this class for Detroit is that they have at least one building block in net, on defense, and in their forward corps.

Trevor Lahey - C 215 TPE - DigDoug11

Going in the third round (37OA) and finding a new user that is already at 215 TPE? An awesome find for Falcons management and the cherry on top of an awesome group of S72 players.  Hopefully the veteran users in the locker room can help DigDoug11 navigate the site and see them go onto a long career in the SHL.

RIP Pat Stay - LD 155 TPE - requestedremoval

The sole blemish on Detroit's S71 draft class taken with their last pick at 51OA RIP has yet to earn even a single TPE and has even quit the league entirely.

Wayne Holloway - G 228 TPE - linsangeles

Detroit's goalie of the future! Wayne is an avid Latvia fan and is still celebrating their bronze medal after downing the USA, but that hasn't stopped them from entering the top 15 of their draft class.  If they are able to continue to develop at their current pace Detroit seems to have solved their goalie problems for the next four seasons.

Zedward Williams - LD 234 TPE - Aephino

The TPE leader among Detroit's rookie, their first draft pick at 8OA, and already the best defenseman on the team.  Zedward is the future and already sits as the present for the Falcons' defensive core.  The big if with all rookies is whether or not they will continue to earn, but Zedward is putting those fears to rest with a massive Discord presence already being a vocal leader of the team.

The Murray - LW 230 TPE - trashae

The Falcons certainly hope that The Murray will continue to develop and be Trevor Lahey's linemate over the next 4 seasons.

S71 The class that never was
As much hope as Detroit has for their S72 players that all goes out the window looking at S71.  All of a sudden their bottom-feeder status in the J comes into focus.  Of the 4 S71 players on Detroit's roster none of them have even hit 160 TPE.  This crop of players is best forgotten and in that spirit I will just lump them all together here.  Khris, Martin, Paul, and Drew never developed in any way shape or form and team management should hope to show them the door as soon as they can.

Thank you for reading my breakdowns of the Falcons and Knights. This was a fun little exercise and I hope to continue this in the future when The Murray is selected to an SHL team.

Approved, +5 TPE to @trashae

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]