Create Account

(GRADED)jj2416-Dan Craig deep dive #1
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2023, 12:26 PM by CptSquall. Edited 1 time in total.)

Latvia has an interesting story in the IIHF. I obviously wasn’t here in the 1st starting seasons of the IIHF to the current day. When Latvia first started it had great success. Winning two times in the first five seasons. After that early success not to say the next seasons were a failure by any means but there weren’t any medals for a long time. There could be a lot of reasons for this like maybe in season 20 when the team started there was a bigger initial popularity to the team bringing more people to it at the start. Unfortunately can’t look at the stats for that season to tell if it was star power or total people, but I would say it’s probably both. The other options would be that maybe they just got lucky? It is possible they ended up just getting beginners luck and winning that early. The third option is that maybe because it was early on in season 20 maybe there wasn’t as high of competition and making it easier in order to win and place. Normally in sim leagues in the early times there’s less competition because a lot of the founders normally end up on a few teams and are able to dominate in the early times. As sim leagues get older more people join and normally there’s enough dedicated members to manage each team and the “meta” or the way to do things get set into place. The other conclusion I got from looking at the placements is it seems that team Latvia does well in spurts. From season 40 to 46ish they placed 3 times in the top 4 which so really good. After that thought it went back to group stage and quarter finals all the way to this last season where they were able to 4th despite the low number of people that are technically on the team which surprised a lot of people. Does that mean we are in for another spurt of success for the team? It could be but, the current gm did step down and that could be a problem if no one is able to step up and continue that success they were able to have that season. From season 46-69 (can’t say 70 and 71 because not there on the team page). It is a very long stretch of no success and this isn’t a way to take shots at anyone managing at the time because no matter how good of a manager you are if you don’t have the players it doesn’t really matter. I do believe the spurts of success come from being able to get a few big players to join and really carry the heavy load either goalie or any position having that star play can get you higher than what you may supposed to be based on the overall team. Of course the whole team matters but if you have a star and just a few of the other players show up you can make a run.

[Image: dc24.png]

Lai dzīvo Latvia! Latvia

And Go Zerks!  Berserkers

[Image: Pi43cEV.png]
Big Thanks to @Sburbine & @Carpy48 for the dope graphic!
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/sgu3vVP.png[/img]

Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia Latvia

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

Approved, +5 TPE to @jj2416

[Image: CptSquall.gif]