Create Account

S69 QCC Road to the Cup, Part One: Heartbreaking
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2023, 01:03 PM by Seany148. Edited 2 times in total.)

Hello all, just some media about a team I never played for! This is Part One of the Quebec City Citadelles' road to the cup, hope y'all enjoy! 

It all started with a heartbreak. At Sophie Bordeleau’s last shot at a 4-Star Cup, the Owls failed to finish what they started in the regular season, losing 9-2 to the Maine Timber in the 7th and last game of the Season 67 playoffs. Only 7 goals were scored by Quebec City in the last 3 games, compared to 24 in the first 4 contests of the intense finals. As the Sun disappeared behind the Citadelle, an entire team knew they just… couldn’t. 4 year veterans like Bordeleau and Thompson had an aura of disappointment around them. Meanwhile, Caleb Hayden, the beloved goalie of Quebec, felt guilt that was doubled by his status of captain. How come he couldn’t lead this elite team to success, he thought? Why did he have to lose his concentration at the worst possible moment? They were leading after the first period!!! As the memories from a couple minutes ago appeared in his mind, so did the shots he couldn’t stop. Four goals in six minutes, seriously? Filled with unnecessary shame, the cheerful leader of the Citadelles felt the weight of defeat on him, and stayed silent for what seemed to be the first time since joining Quebec City, while the newcomers felt like they let the veterans down by losing. 

Among the group of first year players was Viktor Hargreeves, drafted 13th overall a season prior. “Vik” admired Bordeleau since joining the team, and was in tears after wasting the chance to win a cup for his idol. Next to the inconsolable rookie was 2nd year player Jack St. Clair, already a well respected player in the locker room known for his legendary calm. However, in a rare moment of frustration, he violently took a stick and went away for a minute. Those without teary eyes could notice a now broken stick in his hands after he came back. Young blueline general Nevek Kove simply stood up the entire time, muttering “I can’t believe it” over and over again. Then, of course, there were the veterans, the ones that wouldn’t be back for Season 68. Sophie Bordeleau, Portgas D. Ace, Tommy Thompson, Hunter Havok and Fdam Aoote were hugging everyone, knowing the future of the team wasn’t as clear as the perfect opportunity Season 67 was. The only common factor for everyone present in the room, other than the overwhelming sadness, was the fact that the next season would be hard, if not awful. And they weren’t wrong.

442 Words

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

I love that this is Part One...can't wait to see what's next and everything else that could possibly stem from this. Great article!

[Image: rm2.png?ex=661824aa&is=6605afaa&hm=6885c...6e2d79654&]

The pain of revisiting this is worth it knowing what comes next

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

07-22-2023, 01:26 PMRAmenAmen Wrote: The pain of revisiting this is worth it knowing what comes next
No spoilers

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

07-22-2023, 01:28 PMMatteo Wrote: No spoilers
They blow up the nuke at the end

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Couldn't have asked for a (much) better rookie season. :D

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

This game still doesn't exist for me, maine won it in six for me, game seven did not happen.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

07-22-2023, 11:06 PMEvok Wrote: This game still doesn't exist for me, maine won it in six for me, game seven did not happen.
:(

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

MORE SEANY MEDIA MORE

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

07-22-2023, 11:06 PMEvok Wrote: This game still doesn't exist for me, maine won it in six for me, game seven did not happen.
Such a shame the asteroid hit after game 6 and canceled the series

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]