Create Account

S72 PT #0: Trades, Trades, Trades

ya ok so u think the forge makes bad trades well i guess ive got a few rocks for you to kick idiot first of all the only L trades come from your teams not ours weve been robbin you kids blind for years just look at the extreme immense talent across the board of the forge and all you can say is damn second of all there may be one bad trade and thats the fact that we had to trade our hard earned skill and ability away for absolutely nothing ive tried so hard to stop the steal but you tpe leeching harlots continue to plague us older better stronger generations with your blood tithes you call regression well regress this buddy not anymore never again ive played 400 hours of cultist simulator and will be performing ancient rituals to lock in our tpe to our souls forever never to be regressed

prompt 2

[Image: image.png]

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Prompt 1: 1 for 1

Well my favourite NHL team is the Oilers, so I will be talking about them. Yeah would love to write about the SHL but don’t really know/follow that stuff much. The biggest one for me isn’t really that bad and is controversial in many people eyes. But it has to be Adam Larsson for Taylor Hall. I really disliked this trade personally. Hall was really good in Edmonton at the time, and even after he traded he still came up with some of the best seasons of his life. On the flip side, we got Adam Larsson back. Yes Larsson was a solid Defenseman that the Oilers did need at the time, so I do get it. But for Taylor Hall? He is an All-Star basically everywhere he has played. And in the end of it all we lose Larsson to the Kraken in the expansion, so to narrow that all down, the Oilers basically gave away Taylor Hall, their first overall pick, for nothing.

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

The absolute worst trade Philadelphia has done in their shirt history was easily to trade up dueing the S61 draft to take up defenseman Hans Graf. A good looking pick early on, he did not contribute much to the team and fell of fairly quickly despite being the product of a trade. He still is around the team and manages to stay afloat but nothing to what is expected of their draft caliber. Despite the negatives it is nice that despite that trade Philadelphia still managed to win the cup 8 seasons later and cement themselved as the superior team from their expansion year. One should wonder how different things wouldve been if they had taken a different player, perhaps they would've won 3 cups in a row or maybe they never win... but who knows? (Its definitely the 3 cups in a row lol Grad is a corpse on skates). Hopefully philly can do better in the trade department in the near future!

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

[Image: Qj21xc8.png]
This was the 2018 trade between Tampa Bay Lightning and New York Rangers that sent Blueshirts captain to Tampa. I particularly love this trade because it led to TBL, the team I root for, winning back to back Stanley Cups and McDonagh was a HUGE part of. Sucks he had to be traded for pennies because of his contract and he is surely missed the last season and beyond. Love me some Mac Truck!

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

Prompt 1:

I would say that the worst trade that my team in real life, the winnipeg jets, has ever made would actually have to be a tough one. I don't think we have made any truly bad trades as cheveldayoff is a very cautious and patient gm, both a blessing and a curse. I would have to say that my least favourite trade they have made, though, would be the Laine for Dubois trade. Yes i can see why they had to make this trade, and yes i can admit that it was not a bad trade to make as we got back pretty good value in Dubois. But damn did i ever hate losing patrik laine. He was going to be our star and i think if he had stuck around he really could have been. He was a big fan favourite and was just so exciting to watch with that ridiculous shot he had. You're always on the edge of your seat waiting for him to use it.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

The two big ones that come to mind for me as a Habs fan are the Drouin and Gomez trades. Both times the Habs attempted to trade a defenseman for a talented forward to rectify our massive lack of scoring and both times they ended up being a failure. McDonagh as traded for Gomez and he ended up being a top pair defenseman through his career. It looks like it will be pretty much the same thing with Sergachev, who was traded for Drouin. Gomez had a terrible contract at the time of the trade and I remember people talking about how he was visibly declining. McDonagh wasn't really lighting the world on fire in college but ended up being pretty good. When Drouin first came to the habs he wasn't quite a star or anything but he was a talented top 6 forward that was asked to play C when he shouldn't have. He ended up dealing with a number of injuries and mental health issues and just steadily declined.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Well, one trade that I could definitely say was not the best for the New Orleans Specters (I am one of the general managers, after all) would be the trade we made for Zakkira Diporov and Slip McScruff. The Specters traded two first round picks, a second round pick, and a handful of up and coming prospects, though some were kind of inactive at the point that we had traded them. In exchange, we received, as I said earlier, Zakkira Diporov and McScruff, both of whom played out almost the entirety of the remainder of their careers with the Specters. Of course, at that time, we figured we would be competing for a Cup in the next few seasons, so we thought that selling the farm a bit in order to round out our roster wasn't a bad idea. Hindsight is 20/20 as we all know, and looking back we were far from competing in the playoffs. No offense Joe. Ily.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

PROMPT 1:

Being from Boston, I have a long history of choices. I think as a freshly minted 30 year old, it's age appropriate for me to say the Seguin trade to the Stars is the worst trade my team has made. There isn't really anything positive that came from the trade and Seguin has been an all-star in Dallas. I did myself a disservice by looking up his stats in 2018-2019, leading his team, wondering what could have been in Boston.

The runner up is definitely Jumbo Joe to the Sharks. I'm not really sure what that would have looked like for the Bruins in the long run, I would be worried that Joe being there messes up the development of Bergeron and Krejci down the middle. As much as Joe has been an all star in his career and fun to watch, I think this one worked out alright given the cup in 2011.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2023, 02:45 AM by diacope.)

Since I don't know anything about the trades my SHL teams have made in the past I'll have to talk about several bad trades my favorite NHL hockey team has made. Firstly I'm a Senators fan and I love European players so when we traded Zibanejad away it hurt a lot to begin with but also giving away an extra pick for an aging player that didn't perform will forever haunt me.. It just didn't make sense. Another deal that I remember and vividly was the Mike Fisher trade to Nashville, it was lunch time and I went home for lunch to watch the deadline but little did I know I'd be going home depressed because of it, not the worst return but we didn't do anything with the picks and everything changed for our franchise after that.. He also didn't do anything for the Predators so he could have just stayed.

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

okay so im writing this 10 mins before the deadline, here we go lets see if we can do it. basically im here to talk about a trade tree, specficiallyone from the national hockey leage. you see, the edmontom oilers were really fucking stupid and signed milan lucic for a gazillion dollars. lucky for them, the mighty flames of calgary were also very dumb and did the same with james neal. well fllash forward some amount of time and both of them sucked donky ass and were very overpaid. that blows

so basically they traded them for each othert except edmonton retained a bbit of lucic's dumbass salery and also gave calgary a 3rd round pick. this pick was flipped for a 3rd and 6th which were used to draft shitty players who never mattered. clucic was replacement level for the rest of his contract. neal was so bad that edmonton bought him out and he played in the ahl for a bit. womp womp. calgaryh wins gg ez

[Image: kezia-elk4-smol.png]
sig by me (:

Kezia MacKenzie - LW - Regina Elk - Atlanta Inferno

My SMJHL team the St. Louis scarecrows Worst trade they ever made was for me. at the time this trade was terrible and still is. STL traded a 3rd that they didn't have so ended up sending over a 2nd and a 3rd for me Crazy Tomato who was IA and very low in TPE. Now I'm a Capped player going into the 3rd year of my Career but That 2nd round pick could have turned into a player way better then me and way faster then me same with the 3rd you never know what could have been but I'm happy St. Louis made this trade. i think if it was just a 3rd this trade would not have been that bad but the 2nd makes it a steal for YUM and especially since I was IA at the time I don't know many trades but this is def the worst my team has made since I got there

[Image: 9x1vcNx.png]