Create Account

Jordan Thompson- Rookie Chronicles [Rookie x2 Media- Part 4]
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2023, 07:00 PM by AK41. Edited 4 times in total.)

Jordan Thompson- Rookie Chronicles Part 4
(Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)

Professional Mindset

As mentioned in the interview with Kendra Pierce, the professional draft quickly came off after the completion of the junior draft. At the completion of their first semi professional season, all true junior rookies get entered into the professional draft, and selected by their future professional club team. They will continue to develop at the semi professional level, and once they get to the level that they are able to compete, they will be called up to the professional level to continue playing with their homebase team.

Jordan had never taken much time to think about the professional teams, but with the draft nearing and an extremely quick turnaround time to the start of training camp, he definitely need to have some conversations with his family and agents as well as mulling around the ideas of the different professional teams he was interested in potentially playing for. With there being twenty teams in total it would be difficult for Jordan at the completion of the semi professional season, with respect to the continued professional season, to be able to visit all of the different locations to meet with the coaches and staff to talk about development plans and best fits for Jordan and his overall career goals. So in order to prepare properly, Jordan looked into some teams, what their rosters looks like, their locations, their jerseys and logos, and any other random facts he might trip across in order to better understand what each professional team brought to the table and how he could go about pairing it down to the handful that he would like to meet with during the pre-draft process. Below you can see a conversation Jordan had with his agent regarding a brief outline of his thoughts on each of the professional level teams, and from there, you may be able to deduce your rationale as to if it would be a good or bad fit for Jordan and his career goals. This conversation was in preparation for the junior draft, as although they are waiting on the outcome of the junior draft that night, they will need to start the quick turnaround time to prepare for the pro draft in the coming months. This conversation between Jordan and his agent outlined their rough feelings around each of the teams at the pro level prior to interviews beginning.

DISCLAIMER- As noted previously, this is strictly made up information for the sake of the story. I have not spoken with any of these teams as I am not yet eligible for the professional draft. Nothing I say in the below sections reflect my thoughts or feelings towards the professional team listed. AGAIN, this is made up for the sake of the story, I have not yet spoken to any professional teams as I am not pro draft eligible at this time. 

—--

Atlanta Inferno: Having grown up in New Orleans, Atlanta based teams, especially in football, are always our rivals. Generally, I would be told that this would be a bad transitional plan and a team that I definitely should not consider, but when it comes to playing hockey at the professional level I think I’m more than likely able to overcome my dislike for a city to make my professional career a successful one. Aside from being based out of Atlanta, unfortunately this may be an unpopular opinion, but I think the fire hawk logo concept is way too played out and over done. However, I can get past a lot of these items by working with the teams, head coach and trainers to create the best development plan for me as a player. I will always focus on my development as a player first, regardless of the logos or color of the jersey on my chest. If this is where I think my career will benefit the most, I would be happy to suit up as a member of the Inferno.

Baltimore Platoon: Based out of Baltimore, Maryland, the platoon looks like a team that could definitely use Jordan services. While they have been around for a while, they have a timeless logo and color scheme, but most importantly, they have a handful of good developmental assets in all the right places. Alongside these assets, they could really use a dynamic goal scorer on the offensive side of the puck. Jordan had never been to Maryland, not somewhere that his travels with hockey had ever taken him to date. Through what he has heard, Maryland seems like a great place located on the ocean with lots of great food and people. While Jordan would definitely need to meet with the coaching staff and front office first, this will definitely be a place he would put on his list, considering the fact that it has a great hockey culture.

Buffalo Stampede: Outstanding color scheme and logo, the green combined with the eye-popping yellow makes for a beautiful logo on both jerseys and merchandise for the fans. Although, I heard Buffalo is pretty cold, isn’t it? I’m not sure how my body will fare in the cold coming from the southern states, but I think with enough layers and a handful of varying thickness jackets, I would definitely be able to bear the winter, as long as I don’t have to drive in the snow. Buffalo has had a very rich history, and has had their fair share of outstanding players come up through the ranks over their time as an organization. I would definitely look forward to playing on such a team, and hope that the coaching staff and general managers personalities can back my strong feelings for this team. Definitely looking forward to meeting with them further once the draft season comes around for the pro level. 

Calgary Dragons: Through a little bit of research, it feels like my conclusions on the Calgary Dragons are coming up short. Based on their current webpage, I’m struggling to find the current logo, as well as the uniforms that the team wears on game day. I’ve searched a handful of times, and asked some friends around the league, and all they can tell me is “it looks nice.” Unfortunately, without being able to see these, or looking at the roster in depth I already have some concerns about the team as a whole. I would definitely be interested to learn a bit more about the team and the program as a whole, but I definitely have some reservations going into this. As well as previously mentioned, living in Canada is not one of my preferred locations just due to the travel restrictions for my family. But based on future conversations with the coaching staff, as well as the front office, if I find this to be the best fit, I would happily move north.

Chicago Syndicate: I really enjoy this team logo, I think that the combination of black and yellow definitely pops, and I’m always a fan of black being the primary color of any logo or jersey. I love the ominous look that comes with it, and honestly, in movies growing up a lot of the villains wore all black, and while I’m a nice guy off the ice, I like to be considered a menace on the ice. My only concern with the logo, looking at it, it feels more like a soccer logo than it does a hockey logo. Aside from the obvious, I think that I would be a great fit for Chicago as I’m heavily involved in the offense but well rounded on defense as well. I think the combination of the two primary skill sets make me a highly touted prospect no matter the situation, it’s just if the front office and coaching staff believe in me as much as I believe in them. I will 1,000% buy into whatever program I am drafted to, but would love the opportunity to have a say so we can try to continue to win as much as possible under my leadership.

Edmonton Blizzard: Hands-down, 1000%, guaranteed, no questions asked, by far, my favorite overall color scheme and logo for any team at the pro level. I love the combination of the contrasting blues, which helps the light blue to pop on the dark blue and black uniforms. Also, I love the logo because of the dog (guessing it’s some sort of a sled dog) and obviously you know how I feel about dogs. This is one of the teams that, although it’s based out of Canada, I could see myself being on this roster for a very long time. Just based on the team needs overall, as well as how I would fit in their offensive schemes, I feel like I would be a major asset to this organization. I definitely plan on meeting with them prior to the pro draft in the upcoming months, and hope that through these conversations, we are all able to find common ground and see how I fit best in their overall organizational big picture.

Hamilton Steelhawks: While I do like this logo, I am openly not a fan of birds, and generally think that bird logos are somewhat overplayed within sporting leagues. I can  say that I do love the color of the logo overall and think it looks great on uniforms. I think that the neutral tones definitely help pull everything together. I personally feel their alternate logo looks absolutely stunning on their alternate jerseys, and definitely think it’s a great branding opportunity for the team and the league as a whole. Aside from the cosmetic look of the team, I’m not sure how my offensive game would fit their current scheme properly. At the right wing position it looks like they’re looking for more of a sniper that can score them goals versus someone who has the two way abilities to play both sides of the puck. While I am not saying thatI can’t be what they are looking for, where my current skill set lies as well as where I have been playing for the last four years, my skill set is definitely somewhat contradictory to where they are headed organizationally.

Los Angeles Panthers: Another top tier color scheme in the SHL pro division. The combination of the teal and orange definitely make one another pop and the complementary colors look outstanding on uniforms. Personally, I think the black alternate jerseys with stripes of orange, teal and white are beautiful, they definitely leave the mysterious look of the all black uniform with pops of color to help with branding, and hopefully getting fans to purchase the jerseys. I feel like LA would be a great fit for me due to the temperatures and the nature of the city being so similar to what I grew up with in New Orleans. I definitely feel that further conversations would be needed with the coaching staff to see how my game fits the overall direction of the organization, but based on the film that I’ve watched, and the in-depth roster dive I’ve done, it looks like they definitely need an offensive juggernaut to help spark their team for many years to come.

Manhattan Rage: Manhattan is definitely an interesting place for a hockey team, and I think that the taxes would definitely pay a relatively large factor in my ability to want to live within city limits. I love their logo as it brings a level of intimidation to the team, but I’m always a little hesitant of the color red in logos and uniforms because… well, it’s just not my favorite color. I have been to Manhattan a handful of times with family while on vacation and seeing the sites in New York City. It’s definitely a beautiful area to live, however, it would definitely pose a challenge while having two dogs in the house, and not being able to live in the city due to the lack of backyards or green space for them to run around. I think if I were to play in Manhattan I would need to purchase a home outside of the city, and commute into practices and games. While that is not a dealbreaker, it definitely adds a whole new level of logistics to my decision as driving into New York City is definitely not the easiest of tasks.

Montreal Patriotes: I really like the Patriotes logo, the use of the fleur de lis as well as the combination of the deep earthy colors really rounds out a great look.  Also, have you looked at their alternate jerseys? Pure class with the bright eye catching gold with the warm accents of maroon, beautiful combination for the jersey. Although I am a fan of the color scheme and logos look in general, I’m not too sure what a Patriote is, but that’s besides the point. I have never had the opportunity to travel to Montreal, but having a few friends who have in the past, they have had nothing but the best to say about the city. I definitely fear the cold Canadian winters, but I am willing to bear the temperature for the right locker room fit. Although I’ve previously mentioned my preference to stay within the states, I would be open to having a conversation with the coaches and front office staff in Montreal as their history has been rich and successful to date. 

New England Wolfpack: Definitely a classic logo, something that adds a level of fire to the look of the team. New England is a huge hub for hockey being centrally located within arms reach of many major cities, something that’s appealing for many fans being the only hockey team in the immediate area. With New England being a hub for many major sporting teams, the fan nature in these areas are large and in charge, something that’ll keep players motivated on and off the ice every night. They play a heavily offensive version of hockey, something that benefits my game greatly. I am definitely impressed by the locals, logo, jerseys, roster, etc. and think that if our visions align properly, definitely somewhere I could see myself spending a good portion of my pro career. 

New Orleans Specters: Well let’s be real there for a second… my blood, sweat and tears reside in New Orleans. This is the city that raised me, so many would assume this would be my primary location to land for my professional career. While I would not be opposed, I feel like I need to do my due diligence to find the place that’s best for my career, and if that’s Louisiana, great, but I will not hinder my career progression by wanting to play back in my home state. I love this logo, hands down a great homage to the voodoo city itself, and the integration of the typical Mardi Gras colors help to tie the theme back to the city. Their jerseys pop beautifully and love the contrasting dark colors with the neon accents. I think from a roster standpoint, they definitely need my help on the offensive side of the puck. It would definitely be interesting to meet with the coaching staff and see how they feel about the direction of my career considering the fact that I grew up in the city that they call home.

Philadelphia Forge: While Philadelphia generally is not known as a hockey city, it has been growing as a sports capital within the world over the last few years. I think that the general fandom that falls within this city is great for the motivation and direction of the team, I just hope that they can support a hockey team long term. Looking at the logo and the color schemes, they don’t seem to pop to me, however, I think that the forge concept being located in the steel city is definitely a great play on the locale of the team. When looking at the roster in the direction of the organization, I am not so sure that they need my services in Philadelphia. They have had a relatively strong past, as well as have a relatively good future ahead of them. While I know I would be able to assist, it seems like they might need a defensive presence more than an offensive presence in the future upcoming pro draft.

San Francisco Pride: The Pride have a logo that I definitely resonate with strongly. As mentioned previously, I’m like a lion on the ice. With their logo being a lion, and using a great color scheme of yellow and purple, I definitely like the branding that this team brings onto the ice. Because of the unique color scheme, the jerseys pop nicely on the players, and they look great on TV and especially in person on the ice. Prior to the upcoming professional draft, it looks as if this team has a handful of free agents that they may be looking to replace via the draft. I think, with my offensive prowess being my strongest skill, I would definitely be able to fill a void that may be leaving in this free agent class. As well, San Francisco is a great area, and the weather is relatively similar to that of New Orleans (minus the humidity) and definitely could see them as my home club for many years to come.

Seattle Argonauts: While I am a big fan of their color scheme, as blue is my favorite color, I’m a little bit confused by their primary logo. While I understand the concept of the ship and what looks like a warrior in their alternative logo, I’m a little confused as to why there is a cartoon eye located on the ship in their primary logo. It looks to me like the eye itself just does not fit the nature or the scheme of the logo in general. With that being said, I still do like the combination of different blues and those complementary colors look great on uniforms. The only downfall of living in Seattle is the fact that I’ve heard that it always rains. However, having grown up in Louisiana, I’m used to the rain, and that definitely would not be much of a difference for me. I would love to have a conversation with your coaching staff to see where the direction of their team is headed, and how I may be able to assist in their future. I have seen a handful of changes in their roster over the last few seasons, and just want to get a better feel as to how they are building out the lines to see how my player may be able to help and or grow with the team

Tampa Bay Barracuda: By far one of my top color schemes at the professional level. While I generally have not previously been on a team with a pink logo, I think the combination of the light pink with the teal really makes it pop, giving it the Caribbean feel that the team definitely deserves to have. As well, I feel the barracuda logo definitely gives the team a sense of fierceness about them. I think living in Tampa Bay would definitely be a benefit for me as I am used to the heat, and playing a winter sport during the hot months is something I’m familiar with. As for the team itself, I definitely would be interested to see how I fit into their lineup as they already have a few offensive juggernauts on their team. While these players are in the middle of their career, they may be phasing out by the time I’m ready to be called up from the junior level, until speaking with the coaching staff I am definitely not sure as to what their plans look like moving forward. However, at this point in time, it definitely looks like Tampa Bay is one of my desired locations, I would love to play my career for the barracudas.

Texas Renegades: The Lonestar state is not generally known for its hockey teams, however, over the last few seasons the Renegades have been making a name of their own within the professional landscape. Their logo is… how should I say it… bad ass. Definitely one of my favorites within the professional league and I think that the color scheme definitely goes well with the logo itself. The gray and black primary colors definitely give an ominous feeling about the logo, as well as the pops of red and blue on the Texas flag definitely shine brightly when compared to the darker primary colors. All of these logos look great on jerseys, and they would definitely look good on me while playing on the ice. Well, the Renegades have been making a name for themselves over the last few seasons, they definitely have some tweaking they need to do with their upcoming free agent class, and I may be able to fill a big need on the Renegades roster as an offensive force on the ice.

Toronto North Star: I am just a bit confused by the north star logo, as it reminds me more of the needle in Seattle than it does in anything that I’ve heard of being located in Toronto. Granted, I have never been to Canada, but as an outsider looking in, I'm definitely confused with the logo overall, and how it equates to the north star. Regardless of that level of confusion, their website is currently broken leaving me unable to see their new logo, alternative logo, or their jerseys. While it may just be under construction currently, I’m hoping that they are able to keep their website up-to-date in the future, showing their dedication to their team as a whole. I know the team has a relatively deep past, and they have proven to be competitors on the ice, and I feel like I would be a great fit for that, but as previously mentioned, I have a concern living in Canada, due to the travel restrictions that my family would face attempting to come see me play.

Winnipeg Aurora: last, but certainly not least, Winnipeg has one of the most interesting color schemes I’ve seen on a hockey team to date. The combination of green, neon, green, and light blue is a great complementary palette that looks outstanding in their constellation themed logo. The colors presented in the logo and on the jerseys definitely do a great job foreshadowing the color scene from the northern lights, and the homage to the consolation, is a great way to tie it all together when talking about the Aurora. Aside from their color and logo combinations being superb the team definitely has some work to do on the ice. It looks as if there has been some turnover within the last few years and they are in need of some help on the offensive puck. While I definitely have the ability to assist them with this need, I would really need to be heard in my conversations with coaches and general managers as I would love to help the team rebuild if I am selected by them. As noted prior, my dedication to my family comes first, and with their inability to travel easily to the Canadian located teams, it could present an issue as to where I spend the majority of my career playing.
—-

While all of these are just a brief surface level review of all of the professional teams, it definitely gives a great first impression on how Jordan feels about the intangible pieces that he can see while looking at the team as an outsider. Although Jordan’s primary focus is on the junior draft that is coming up in just a few hours, his agents wanted to have a conversation regarding his future as when meeting with the teams one final time on draft night, they will definitely ask what is in store next with his career foals. With Jordan knowing that he has the skill set as well as the desire to play at the next level, he needs to have these conversations earlier than most as the turnaround time between the junior draft and the professional draft is short, and Jordan will not be able to go on an international tour to view all of the teams and meet with their coaches as he did when preparing for the junior draft.

Through these conversations, as well as during the season setting up a few phone calls with general managers, scouts, and front office members of all of these pro teams, Jordan will need to select only a handful of dedicated interviews and/or tryouts that he will be able to attend due to time restrictions. By being able to narrow down a few from surface level information, it definitely helps him in the future as he will be crunched for time while attempting to view as many teams as possible to get his name ready for the pro draft.

Jordan definitely understood the importance of having these conversations, but his mind was only on one thing, the junior draft that was upcoming in just a very short period of time. As Jordan’s agents definitely wanted to nail down a direction for the future, it was in their best interest to see how the beginning of the junior season played out as they prepared for the next stage of his career. His agents knew how important the juniors draft was to him that night so the conversation was quite brief, they took as many notes as possible to prepare some future presentations for Jordan to review while working to make decisions for the future. Due to the importance of draft day, his agents were allowing him to hold on to those conversations for the time being as he had more pressing matters to worry about that evening.

International Ice Hockey Federation

After getting dressed, and heading over to the SHL headquarters to meet with his agents and parents, Jordan got a random phone call from a number he had never seen before. While he was hesitant to answer this phone call as it came from an international extension he had never seen before, he decided that it was worth it to take the chance in case it was an international team that was looking to have Jordan answer a few questions prior to the upcoming draft. Upon answering, Jordan found out it was the head of the Iceland international ice hockey federation team, which was shocking to say the least. 

Jordan talked with the coach for just a few minutes, but learned that while the United States team was full, the remaining players were added to the international pool and Jordan was selected to assist the Iceland team in the upcoming IIHF cup. This was something that he definitely did not anticipate, but was grateful to have the opportunity to play hockey on the national stage. 

Jordan was a little shocked that he was unable to play for the United States team, however he understood the roster size restrictions with the minimal spots and the recent influx of stateside born players. Jordan would use this as an opportunity to show his abilities as he knew the United States team was watching and would hope the next time the cup comes around, the United States coach selects Jordan first as a “need to have” player.

SMJHL Draft 

The night had finally come, one that Jordan had been waiting on for much of his young life. The anticipation and angst was all worth something over the last few months as the preparation he had taken, was to put him on the highest of stages. Jordan was ready for the draft, this was something he had been waiting to do since he was a child, and the culmination of his hard work, determination and maximal effort was all coming to that ultimate conclusion in just a few hours. Jordan was set to arrive at the draft part in just about 90 minutes, and had a few last moments of preparation that was needed. 

Jordan made a quick call to a friend (a former teammate in high school) who happened to live in the area of the draft. Jordan asked his friend to hook him up with a barber in the local area, and within 30 minutes of that phone call, one of the best barbers in the immediate area was knocking on Jordan’s hotel room door ready to give him a clean cut prior to the draft. The barber entered the room and got right to work. Jordan say in the small desk chair that the hotel had in the room and the barber cleaned up both his hair and his facial hair, getting Jordan ready for the camera that night. Jordan always swore that he would be one of the best looking in the room at all times, and could not fathom showing up to the draft party without a fresh cut and a suit dressed to GQ level. 

After the barber left the room, Jordan proceeded to get his suit on and ready to step out into the spotlight. Jordan pulled his freshly pressed suit out of his carry on bag and hung it from the metal rung in the closet. Luckily for him, it didn't need to be pressed prior to getting dressed as he packed it nicely, or rather, his girlfriend yelled at him to pack it nicely. Jordan was always a classy dresser, something that he prided himself on greatly. As the pre draft party was more of a fashion show, over the last few seasons some people have gotten much too ‘wild’ in their selection of suits, selecting colors and patterns that generally were not seen on dress clothing. 

To fit Jordan’s classy persona, the tailor back in New Orleans hooked him up with an all black suit. When I say all black suit, I don't mean just black pants and jacket, I mean everything from the pants, to the shoes, to the tie, all black. To give it a little pop of personality to go with the all black suit, Jordan wore a silver chain and a silver bracelet, something his girlfriend bought him as a pre draft gift as Jordan was not always the flashiest, it was something to give a little pop to his outfit. After getting dressed, Jordan took the obligatory mirror picture to post on social media, and met his parents and agent in the lobby to head over to the pre draft party. 

As they entered the pre draft party, all of the players walked down the runway with the media surrounding them trying to ask questions and take photos for their blogs and media sources. Jordan was always happy to answer a few questions as he understood these individuals made a living off doing such, he was always more than grateful to help provide them some content. As the players made their way down the runway to the entrance of the arena, could you have guessed it… there was one final interview for SHL Network with Kendra Price, someone Jordan was very close with and previously had interviewed with on their pre draft special.  When Jordan got up to Kendra’s interview area, they were both ecstatic to see one another and embraced in a quick hug before Jordan answered a few questions on live television. 

At the completion of their conversation, Kendra asked Jordan if he wanted to leave the fans with one final piece of information prior to being drafted, to which Jordan responded with: 

“Although I do not know where I am headed as of yet, this is something I have been dreaming of since childhood. As a young boy in Louisiana, hockey was not available to me on the regular, but my passion burned deep and I was willing to do whatever I could to train with the best, take notes on the best, to one day be the best. No matter where I am drafted today, I promise that front office, locker room and fan base that they are getting the best player in this draft, and I will not let them down. Thank you all for believing in me, for motivating me, and most importantly, looking up to me, which in return gave me a reason to make everyday better than the last. Thank you, and I promise you all, I will not let you down.”

Jordan always had a way with words, but this speech would go down on SHL Network as one of the best in history, something that they often play annually to show the upcoming juniors rookies how to put their passion and every ounce of belief they have into themselves before the upcoming draft. 

As the interviews had concluded, and Jordan had walked the entirety of the red carpet, he was able to enter the facility and meet back up with his parents and agent, who were waiting at a table just inside of the banquet hall. Around this area, people were buzzing. Fans were sitting in some exclusive theater seats, other prospects were with their families and agents around the area, and there was a handful of media still mingling around the area, hoping to get a last minute interview or pass along a congratulations to the up and coming draftee. There were some refreshments and a handful of appetizers left out for the draftees and their families, but Jordan’s stomach was in a knot, not being able to remotely think about eating anything prior to the start of the draft premier. 

All of a sudden, the lights dimmed, and the fans started clapping as they noticed the commissioner of the juniors league making their way to the front and center podium. Jordan’s heart began to sink as everything he had worked so hard on, the countless late nights, blood, sweat and tears were all leading up to this announcement, one that he had been looking forward to since a child. The commissioner got to the podium, and said… 

“Welcome to _______________, and thank you for joining us for the Season 72 SMJHL Draft. We are grateful to have you all in attendance tonight as we celebrate and honor the hard work and dedication displayed by these draftees on their special night. As we continue to progress through the evening, we will announce each individual draft pick on this podium and ask the player, once called, to make their way up to the stage to be honored for their selection. With this being said, to begin the Season 72 SMJHL Draft, with the first pick, the Colorado Raptors are on the clock…”

Hearing this announcement, Jordan’s heart sank into his chest as this meant that he was getting closer and closer by the minute to hearing his name announced on live television. His parents and agent were there to support him, and he needed all the support he could get at this time as his nerves were unbearable. 

While a handful of picks had come off the board, Jordan continued to wait patiently. Although his name had not yet been called, he knew that all the teams making selections that were not him, were making a mistake. As a generational talent, he was not understanding as to why teams were passing on him in the draft, but he was not worried, this would be used as a chip on his shoulder to continually progress his game and work to get better each and every day. Jordan and his family continued to wait, until BOOM! his phone rang, startling the table. He quickly answered and the rest was history… Jordan did not share the team name with his family, and the anticipation was killing them! They saw the commissioner walk up to the podium, not  sure if it was Jordan’s name or not being called, but his family and agent were hanging on every words that came out of the commissioner's mouth…

“With the 28th pick in the Season 72 SMJHL Draft, the Maine Timber select Jordan Thompson, Right Wing out of Louisiana State University.”

The rest from here, is history, Jordan was officially a semi professional hockey player.

Maine Timber

Jordan was beyond grateful to be drafted to the Maine Timber, someone he had his eye on heavily during the pre draft process. Although he was not taken within the first few selections of the draft, that did not bother him, and he would use this as motivation to prove the rest of the league wrong by passing on his services. 

With the gratefulness aside, Jordan was shocked that he fell so far in the draft, frankly, he was taken aback by the amount of time he remained on the draft board. While Jordan was grateful to have the opportunity to play at the next level, falling this far in the draft has put a massive chip on his shoulder. There were 27 other selections made before him, something he would never forget as he knew by a mile, he was the best player in that draft class. 

While Jordan is not a spiteful person, he had to make a name for himself, and was going to work day in and out to make sure he could accomplish that. Jordan was willing to do whatever he could to boost his draft stock prior to the upcoming SHL draft as his current junior standing was not indicative of his skillset, and this fall was frankly shocking to him. While Jordan’s team was grateful for the fall, and Jordan was overly grateful for the opportunity to play in one of his top pre-draft locations, he had something to prove, something that would ignite a fire within him and he would not rest until he was regarded as the top draftee that he deserved. We will not let this frustration side track us from this process, Jordan will continue to push forward and will remain focused on becoming the top player in SHL hockey.

Prior to the draft, when Jordan met with the Timber, their scouting conversation was outstanding. They were on the same page with their organizational goals, and had the same wants and desires in Jordan's direction with the team. As an offensive juggernaut, Jordan would be a catalyst on offense as he continued to progress and get stronger within the juniors level and without a doubt, would be a difference maker on this roster. Jordan was grateful for the opportunity to play in Maine and was thankful to be drafted to a location that he truly wanted to play in. While many players are focused on going early in the draft, or playing alongside their friends and former teammates, Jordan was always focused on playing for the team that would best set his career up for the future he desired. He hoped to make the Hall of Fame some day and knew he wanted to position himself properly on a roster that believed he was capable of such. 

With his transition to playing in Maine, Jordan might be looking to make the switch to play center, which was something he was not overly familiar with, but as an offensive play caller, this was not going to be a difficult transition for him into the new position. Jordan had played the position on and off prior, but never as a full time decision. With this transition, Jordan and his new teammates will continue to train to not only get familiar with one another on offense, but also to create a level of trust in one another to make sure they are able to read each other's next moves. Jordan was excited for the next stage in his career, and knew that he had the best possible fit for him to not only succeed, but to prove his worth to the league to boost his draft stock going into the SHL draft that was only a few short months (weeks within the league really) away.

Thankful to other teams passing him in the draft, Jordan would enter his preseason training with a chip on his shoulder, knowing he would bring his all day in and day out onto the ice. Although he was not the first selection in the Junior’s draft, that was completely fine as he would aim to play at that level for the entirety of his career, and would make sure the juniors teams looking back questioned why they did not select him earlier. 

Thank you for taking the time to read about the life and journeys of Jordan Thompson, future SHL Hall of Fame member. I know this has been quite the ride, but you now have a better understanding of who Jordan is as a person, a player and most importantly, a future Hall of Fame member within the league. Again, I truly appreciate you all taking the time to learn Jordan as a person and player, and promise, you will hear this name for years to come, and without a doubt, one day during a Hall of Fame induction. 

-Drop Mic Here-

Code:
As requested by @"TheGreatToeJam" this is broken down into 4 parts all qualifying for rookie double media.
Code:
Part 1 Total Words: 6,878
Code:
All 4 Parts Combined:35,785

Gonna need to break this reading up over a few days :eyes:

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

Holy hell these are good.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

The CN tower being disrespected in this lol