Create Account

Comparing SHL Teams to Pokemon Part 1
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2023, 11:04 AM by WildfireMicro. Edited 1 time in total.)

Part 2

Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here and I have been on a bit of a media drought besides doing VHL stuff as of late. However, I did manage to get a 1000+ word PBE media out, so now I'm ready to do this: Comparing SHL Mascots to Pokemon Part 1! Basically I will take every SHL Mascot from their logos (if they don't have a specific mascot, I will go with the vibe of the logo), and I will say what Pokemon best fits them! I will mostly be sticking with Pokemon im familiar with (Gen 1-6 range mostly), but I hope that the pokemon I choose will fit the vibe of the teams they are attributed to! We will start with the Eastern Conference for part 1, then do the Western conference next time, and maybe do the SMJHL if people are interested. So without any further Ado, let's begin:

First of all we will start with the Atlanta Inferno, and for this we will need a firey bird. Honestly if I banned Legendaries from this list, I would have just said that Talonflame from Gen 6 would be the best for here, as they are a firey bird who is one of the best fire/flying types available in the series. However, outside of the red and gray coloring, Talonflame is not very fiery. So, I'm am going to say that one of the Gen 1 Legendary Birds known as Moltres will be the best. The Atlanta Inferno logo is a flaming phoenix, so Moltres is the closest Pokemon to it that I can think of at the moment.

Now on to my team, the Baltimore Platoon. Now with my player being a Gallade from Gen 4, it would be easy just to say that a Gallade would fit, but honestly that would just be cheating. No the Baltimore Platoon logo is a fierce looking eagle in front of a patriotic background that is very fitting for the national bird of the United States of America, and the first Eagle pokemon I found on Google (yeah yeah I had to look up some Pokemon sometimes, I don't have a photographic memory) is Braviary from Gen 5. The apparently all-male Pokemon (seriously look it up) may not look completely like a traditional eagle, but it's color scheme is very close to the Baltimore Platoon colors and overall it looks very fierce.

Next up we have the Buffalo Stampede, and honestly guys this one is a tie. I wanted to just say Tauros from Gen 1, and it would have fit, but they are apparently not a complete buffalo and may honestly be more of a bull, so I looked up buffalo like pokemon and Bouffalant from Gen V came up in the search. I will say this will depend on whether you want Tauros, who was actually meta in the Gen 1 competitive scene (which was a thing, thanks to Pokemon Stadium), or if you want Bouffalant who looks more like a fluffy buffalo with big horns (that have rings on them!).

Next up is the Hamilton Steelhawks, and this one will be pretty easy all things considered. When you think of a steel hawk in Pokemon, there has to be only one that you think of (unless I'm missing something, which is entirely possible) and that is Skarmory from Gen 2 (I could have sworn he was in Gen 1, but apparently not). With a very deadly look and steel wings, this Pokemon is absolutely perfect for Hamilton. I guess if you want to go for a less traditional answer, you could go for Corviknight from Gen 8 (which might be the newest Pokemon in this series, but we will see), but I don't see why when Skarmory is just perfect for this.

Now we got the Manhattan Rage, and boy this is awkward. I am doing research as I write, and I forgot that there was a team that Tauros would be perfect for other then Buffalo. So here is how we will do this: we will retroactively give Buffalo Bouffalant because I do not want to go back and rewrite everything, and will just say that the Rage will get Tauros. With a name like Rage and a bull mascot, the vibe of this team will fit Tauros like a glove.

Next up is the New England Wolfpack, and for this one we have to take our picks. Do you want Manectric the electric wolf, Arcanine the flaming dog, or the newest one Lycanroc the more traditional wolf? I'm just gonna go with another legendary and pick the cover Pokemon from Pokemon Sword in Zacian. It is a big wolf holding a sword, so that has to count for something! Sorry there is not any green wolves in Pokemon that I can see (and I have already broken my "Gen 1 through 6" rule multiple times), but hey New England you got the second legendary!

Next up is the Philadelphia Forge, and I was honestly thinking this would be more tricky then it ended up being. I mean, what Pokemon would fit a boiling pot pouring molten lave? But then I thought more about the word "lava", and a perfect pokemon came to mind: Magmar! This firey Pokemon is full of molten heat! But then I realized something else: why not the Pokemon Ruby cover Pokemon Groudon? It is a large pokemon made our of hardened molten rock (I think), and bring almost unbearable heat everywhere they go, like an actual Forge.

Next up is the Tampa Bay Barracuda, and honestly there is not much to choose from in terms of barracuda in Pokemon. So I am just going to have to go with the closest Pokemon I can think of (or Google, which is what I actually did. Don't judge, this is taking long enough) in Barraskewda. It's a barracuda Pokemon and it's name sounds close to Barracuda, so honestly what else do you want? Basculegion from Legends Arceus? (Disclaimer: I don't know if that is the game that they first came from)

And finally we have the Toronto North Stars, this one is a bit of a tough one. I mean, do I just look up a building Pokemon? Well I did and it's name is Duraludon. So, I guess you could stick with that one, but I will get a bit more creative and go with a star Pokemon. So Toronto congratulations, you get the first ever Mythical Pokemon in this series in Jirachi! This Pokemon, which I am pretty sure is based on a shooting star, can grant wishes, so maybe you can use them to wish for better times ahead!

Alright that is part one finished. Hopefully before next week I can do part 2, but we will see. Thank you for reading and I hope to see you all on the ice!

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

[Image: 20c71c931459de10b40f6f8239c8092009501279_00.gif]

Hypeeeeeee

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

[Image: 385_0.png]

[Image: Wally.png]