Create Account

Rediscovering the Bap (Part 2)
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2023, 01:07 AM by diacope. Edited 8 times in total.)

-> Rediscovering the Bap (Part 2) - The Beaks & a Wing

Hello and welcome back to another article that will be better describing this season's Baltimore Platoon in a new series called Rediscovering the Bap. It's been over a week since we last spoke and I wanted to get the series out a little quicker but I'm still here and don't know a whole lot so let's keep it going whilst storing a note of my laziness for the future.

Alright so with the wings out of the way the next position that I wanted to look into was our centers or for my articles sake, beaks. They play more defensive, earn more time on the ice and without them we'd be a chickens running around with our heads cut off. You may not need many of them taking draws every game but it's key to have your best players in these positions and after looking at the roster we for sure have it covered.. Especially after our team quickly retooled one of our top wingers to play center before puck drop. The Platoon also swapped out Scott Thorn a player I previously covered so newly acquired Ralph Ryan will be part of this one.

(Starting at the top of the list where the best talent shines, dines and taps twines at the start of every game..)

-> CENTERS AKA DOERS

..M'Baku Olubori please read "rediscovering the bap (part 1)" for more details.
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=131952

..Adrian O'Rugg
I kind of had an excuse last time because we had so many names to look at but with only two this time and even less knowledge or recollection of either names I feel even worse.. I do however enjoy his player name and it's going to be a lot easier to remember now that it's in my brain. Magnifying a little closer at his attributes I can see why O'Rugg has fit in with our wingers the previous two seasons, he can do it all with physicality, defense, offense and has kept our team in it when our wings get too tired from flying around giving us an edge in the standings, more consistent outcomes and a very happy coach most nights. Like I said before it's still early in Adrian's career but if he can continue to keep this up the dollar dollar bill ya'll will be hanging out of his beak in no time.

..Ekaterina Valieva
Skyscraping in at an impressive 6 foot 5 and weighing 222 pounds it's certain Valieva is exactly what the doctored ordered, or I mean manager. She doesn't fit in like the previous center when you look at video replays during practice but her size and mentality is exactly what the team needs on defense. Ekaterina is one the largest players on our team and excited the crowd with a similar sized winger Olubori last season but with the organization focusing on winning she'll be using those talents to keep things level with the other teams in the middle of the ice and has already done a fine job thus far. Huge fan of this name as well but not sure how memorable it'll be, pface.

(Now we look at a player my team acquired that didn't make the cut the first time..)

-> NEW WINGER AKA CHALLENGER

..Ralph Ryan
Cool another new name I have an excuse of not knowing when I wasn't around much, winky. Ryan came from Texas last season and has previously played the center position where he had his most success a few seasons ago, in his time as a Renegade he showed off an ability to play on both sides on the rink and eventually earned himself a definite depth spot but with moving parts all around the league and his two way abilities not needed anymore he became a free agent. That's where our team comes in and like I said numerous times now.. This is exactly the type of talent we need and his frame is almost identical to many others. Not only does he not mind playing minimal minutes Ralph also loves to play defense more and that'll only help the defenders whenever entering the zone, kind of like Rabinov being a quicker skater it seems like this player's focuses will be stripping the puck away so that's another unique tool on Baltimore's two way belt.

Well that's it I looked at our main components and discovered more than expected with the recent moves down the middle, thanks for tuning in again and feeding the crew I hope you enjoyed. Make sure to tune in next time when we finally paint a bird on the blue line?.. PEICES!

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

O’Rugg is my goat

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

Oh, I love this!

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!