Create Account

Idea: Junking cards/card coins/economy
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2023, 04:44 PM by boom. Edited 1 time in total.)

We've probably all got those cards that are just clogging our collection and that we won't be able to find any takers to trade for them - example, my six 27 overall Gareth Crinnon cards or an A-Rye Izzy burning a hole in my pocket. Would it be feasible to institute a way to just "junk" a card - throw it out? Currently there's no way to just get rid of a card without getting another card, and there's no guarantee someone's willing to give up something for your crappy card to take it off your hands.

Leading to the second part of this suggestion: make a special currency of "card coins" that can be acquired by paying SHL bucks or through junking cards (price going up based on rarity, but not by much). The latter doesn't even have to be a particularly good exchange rate, just give us a way to better filter our own collections. This could allow users to list up cards on a market and buy and sell cards at various prices, and could lead to some interesting community play if a user's card suddenly gains value from winning an award or something.

tl;dr institute capitalism in the trading card market

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

I can serve as a trash dispensor if needed :D

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

Good idea! I don't have a lot of cards, but having a lot of unwanted cards (duplicate) is not very appealing and we should be able to do something with them, even if it's putting them in the trash.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

I'll take em

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs