Create Account

S72 PT #3: A Hitchhikers Guide to General Management

Jiggle E Puff loves pulling pranks on the Atlanta Inferno GM, hotdog. Today he has partnered with the Inferno mascot, who's probably just called inferno, to pull the most epic prank of all time on hotdog. The setup will be that hotdog is receiving a special birthday surprise at halftime of an atlanta inferno hockey game. Jiggle E Puff and Inferno will bring a gigantic wrapped present with a ribbon bow onto center ice, where hotdog will be standing, having just had the entire crowd sing him happy birthday. After much pomp, circumstance, and fanfare, the giant present will be presented to hotdog. Hotdog will struggle to open it for a bit, but will eventually cut the ribbon and rip through the wrapping paper. He will then carefully open the box which contains..... a hotdog pie! Hotdog will gasp in terror, as this monstrosity containing hotdogs, buns, ketchup, and mustard reveals itself to the world. Jiggle E Puff and Inferno will die laughing.

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

ISFL PT Claim

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

CP

With size and strength on our side against the team of super smart aliens, we are able to play a dirty eighties style hockey game and just lay into our opponents. Even though they are smarter than us, hockey can really be a numbers game. Being able to take a few of their guys out and knock them to the ice will give us some significant advantages. Using our strength we set up enough distance and start letting loose one timers from the point all day. Even with hockey IQ, its not enough for a goalie to be able to save ever hard pressed slapper that comes their way. As long as we can keep the puck in front of our defense, we can lay the body down against any shots, and keep ourselves in the game against a smarter opponent. Hockey definitely always needs some smarts, but the tried and true “beat em down” always works to our advantage as well.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

In a massive upset victory, our upstart team of aliens defeated the other alien challengers last week, cementing our place as the universe's top ice hockey team. With this status, new challengers have arisen to try and take our throne atop the mountain, with one particularly intriguing request coming from a team of intelligent mice. This should be an easy opponent for my team, as no matter how smart or intelligent a mice may be, hockey is a physical sport and mice will not stand a chance against my aliens. Maybe the mice could put up a fight if they could play with an advantage in numbers, but in a five versus five contest my aliens will be able to outskate and outmatch the inferior opponent. Heck, even a few 'inadvertent' sticks or slapshots into the opposing team will be enough to put them out of the game. This should be an easy win.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

So me and trella took the mice out for cheese and they decided that they would play very badly because they love the foods cuz naw mean. But since we're not playing now we dicded that movies and cake would suffice because I love cool whip and yummiest as I zoom between the blue lines because many moons ago I was not a good pupper and would bite the hoomans because they would not always give me super pets. But back to the action on the ice where the mice quit a long time ago and now where just playing with the kitty's because the mice will wanna be the dominate soeieces to to the kittums. Now where at the point where many many of my favorites will be the best place for a origami party to do charades and backgammon because we're degenerates that just wanna dig and burrow in the sand. Everyone come to the shore shack and get some snacks cuz

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

ISFL affiliate

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

PROMPT 1

So unless these mice with an unusual IQ have built themselves mech suits or have evolved differently physically, I don't understand how they could possibly hope to challenge us. They might be bigger in size but even then their arms aren't exactly set up to hold hockey sticks, and I've never seen a mouse run on two legs let alone perform a skating motion. Forgetting all that and even proceeding under the assumption they've found away to overcome their physical barrier, they could study the game as much as they want it wouldn't matter. Nothing beats the years of practice and experience that we have accumulated over our careers. They might be quick and IQ smart, but on the ice it would mean nothing. You just have to cheese them into falling into traps, slow them down anyway you can. Read their plays and force them to adapt and see how fast they are mentally. Bang them around and see how they hold up to physical abuse. Might be hard but I'm sure we can squeak by.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

ISFL Affiliate Task

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

Creative prompt

Max Carnage dusts off some more vintage film room equipment. This time it's the old film projector... He pulls out some film of the Philadelphia Flyers during the 1973-1976 seasons. His team is more than perplexed how footage of a team from nearly 50 years ago will help them win this next game.

During the film room session some of the younger alien players started to laugh and joke about how nonsensical it was for Coach Carnage to show them such outdated film. The lights were turned on, the captains had a stern talk and took control of the room and then Carnage left them with one last film to watch: The Philadelphia Flyers vs HC CSKA Moscow from 1976.

The aliens came out of that film room with a new look on their faces. Clearly, they got the message. The writing was on the wall, literally. Carnage walked in to pack up the film equipment to put it back into storage and there it was in big, bold letters on the projector screen: "You're next, Algernon." Max just turned off the lights and smiled.

188 words

[Image: 8FZ99SX.jpeg]

[Image: f39a70b5-4cd1-453d-9334-ddba550c804d.png]

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Shoe on the other appendage:

Being smart can only take you so far and help you so much. Eventually, brawn is going to win out and wear down an opponent. After we won our last game, we were in super high spirits and felt ready to take on whatever challenge came upon us next. We would be able to dominate the ice due to our enormous size compared to the mice. Also with them being mice, they wont be able to defend shots at the top of the net. In practice, I think the team would need to practice shooting pucks high from the blue line since us controlling the blue line is how we will dominate them with out superior size and strength. All in all, i think the team has a really good chance of winning and would be surprised if they lost to mice. Upsets do happen but i dont see it happening to our team.

Words: 154

[Image: smurfunkel.png]
Sig By @enigmatic

After your stunning victory against your Proud Warrior Race opponents, you find yourself and your team of plucky aliens challenged by mice of unusual IQ. After a long-winded explanation of how they built the Earth as a supercomputer to yield the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything, they want to experience this game that has emerged on their experimental planet. This time, your team has the size and strength advantage, but your opponents are very quick and have absurd hockey IQ. What's your gameplan to win this time?

Although the advantages are flipped, we still have to play smart hockey. We use our size by playing disciplined and use our size to block and cut off passing and shooting lanes. They are very quick but if we can get into position first, we can take away the center of the ice and force them to the sides and the point. They will still have scoring chances but defensively I think this is the best option to limited goals or high percentage chances. Offensively we have to play a down low game, winning puck possession battles along the boards and in the corners. We should try to take advantage of our size and really try to screen the goalie and try to score on redirects. Their quickness and hockey IQ means they will probably get a decent amount of turnovers and stolen pucks so our defenders really have to be on their toes for odd man rushes. If nothing else works, I guess we just start throwing cheese all over the ice.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]