Create Account

S72 All Star Week

1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.
+3 TPE - Milestones

2. + 2 TPE Written - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Offensive firepower is a close race this year, with the top two goal scorers in the league - Konstantin Selich and Ivan Lacksamus - both representing the East, while the next four in line - MST, Evan Winter, LEG, and Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev - will all be repping Westside. Which team scores more goals this all star game and why?
I would have to choose Konstantin Selich & Ivan Lacksamus obviously because Selich is the best player in the league right now & plays for the Buffalo Stampede. I think they got this in the bag & will help the East come out with the win. It will be close though. (51 Words)
c. Each conference brought back one tendie from last season, but will run a new tandem partner: which pair of Mat Smith and Justin Time or Brick Wall and Olof Karsikko would you rather play in front of and why? (If you are a goalie, explain why you should have gotten the nod!)
I would have to choose Mat Smith & Justin Time tandem easily. I think Justin Time is playing at his best right now & absolutely stealing games & Mat Smith is just a great goalie all around. I think they will take this one for sure, but looking forward to seeing the results. (53 Words)

3. +3 TPE Written, 3 TPE, Pumping Tires (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, what makes their game special, and why are they going to rock the arena this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Konstantin Selich is the best player in the entire league the last couple of seasons & it's not even close in my books. He's been a leader on & off the ice since hes arrived in Buffalo & it's absolutely no surprise to me that he made this season all-star team for season 72. The crazy thing is, that I think he is just gonna keep getting better & better every season. 119 points is incredible in this league & I know he is going to rock the arena at ASG & have a line up of fans there for him. He's a one of a kind player & Buffalo is incredibly lucky to have him on their roster. I have a feeling he is going to lead the all star team for points & if not it will be Dangle. Both are very key parts to Buffalo right now & ititss so fun to be able to share the ice with them, I know other teams are looking forward to having him on the ice. (176 Words)

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

Milestones

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

PBE PT

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]

1. +3 TPE - Milestone
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2023, 02:54 AM by diacope. Edited 30 times in total.)

2. b. Firstly I'd like to say does everybody choose a funny name when they play defense, that takes away half of selections. Looking deeper at skills Samuelsson, 3 Koivu, Slapahan and Emerson should be fan favorites for sure but the likes of St. Marin, Pengu and an all Vancouver pair of Kinsinger and O'Neil is overpowered on the Western side.. They also jammed in Ben on the third pairing so they'll have plenty of highlight potential and I'm a big fan of high scoring match ups, it sucks the other Koivu from the same team didn't make it to confuse the crowd as well. (105/50 words, 1 TPE)

c. Just like last season I'm going with the pair that has Brick Wall and that's the East, this time they have even more notable back up in Karsikko and hold five more total league leader spots. They may be declining but know their teammates a little better than the other team and you need all the edges you can get when it's only a sixty minute game. Good luck to Time trying to add another win to his resume but with a clock nowhere close by his side and a young goaltender still years away from his time to truly shine in this event he'll have to go all in for this one.. if he wants to even come close. I do not see any names I thought were stubbed. (134/50 words, 1 TPE)

4. Knowing my fellow Platoon winger Duncan he's going to want to play with the best to use all the fuel in the tank so obviously star players like Selich and Lacksamus fit the mold perfect having plenty of tools to work with but other talents at the event will have similar minds and both of Montreal's McHits and Mandosson could actually be cooler, they should have the most chemistry out of anybody else and will get something going no doubt. On defense I'd like to see both of New England's Slapahan and Samuelsson, they are also the players with the most player requests from the coach so the potential of Emerson's scoring opportunities with the league leading shots slots him into one half of my defense instead, beside him for a little bit of safety is Der, he's the first overall shot blocker and should give our man enough rest to keep it consistent all game long. (163/150 words, 3 TPE)

8. All of Vancouvers picks, Gunnarsson, Kinsinger, O'Neil and veteran Beck because they are fresh off a championship win and fans will know their faces, Valor, Smith, AllBran, Conway and Karsikko because I like to see veterans make it and it's three a piece in that regard plus I'm familiar with a few of them holding league leading positions during the season. Of course one of our many hard workers in Baltimore, Mackenzie, surprisingly after one of our better seasons in recent time we only have half the representatives we did last time around, I can see why Boyle wasn't on the star studded plate but Bergmark could have made it again for reaching forty bullseyes, running our power play unit instead of the even strength and he played even better on defense all around. More names I see that should have been on the list or I would have liked to see because I know of them are.. Svoboda for the relative showdown, Hunziker for an awesome name and would have liked to Luca him defy the odds again as a last man in, Nikolaj B too, Svechnikov for our Russian connect and lastly stars like Murray, Rashford and Manning I definitely thought I'd see again for their status alone. (214/150 words, 3 TPE)

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

1. Milestones
SMJHL Milestones -- 2 TPE

Milestones 3TPE

Rage Falcons Latvia Latvia Falcons Rage
[Image: HOlloway.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2023, 09:45 AM by Figgy. Edited 3 times in total.)

+3 TPE - S72 Milestone

2. (+4 TPE)

Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Offensive firepower is a close race this year, with the top two goal scorers in the league - Konstantin Selich and Ivan Lacksamus - both representing the East, while the next four in line - MST, Evan Winter, LEG, and Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev - will all be repping Westside. Which team scores more goals this all star game and why?
b. In terms of defensive points, the East may look like the team to beat, but Jay O'Neil and Christian Kinsinger were the top two goal scorers out of all defensemen and both will rep the West. Which team's blue line would you take?
c. Each conference brought back one tendie from last season, but will run a new tandem partner: which pair of Mat Smith and Justin Time or Brick Wall and Olof Karsikko would you rather play in front of and why? (If you are a goalie, explain why you should have gotten the nod!)
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

A. This has been another stellar year for offense, which doesn't bode well for us defensemen. With all of that being said I think the East is going to outscore the West, just based on the pure talent and depth of the roster. The East is extremely deep with player who have shown a penchant for filling the net and I just can't see the West keeping up.

B. Yes it is true that Jay O'Neil and Christian Kinsinger were the two highest point producing defensemen in the league and all, but the pure depth of the Eastern conference defensive core is much deeper than the west. It is hard to only rely on two players to do all of your heavy lifting.

C. While the tandem of Mat Smith and Justin Time had an incredibly impressive season combined, how can you not want to play in front of  Brick Wall and Olof Karsikko. Not only did they both put up equally impressive stats during the year, but just the idea of standing in front of a goalie with the name Brick Wall should instill confidence in your soul.

D. Well since I was sent down by Atlanta to season in the J a little more I would not be eligable, therefore I think the obvious choice would have to be Angus McFife XVIII. How Angus wasn't selected in the first place just is plain baffling. He is a future Hall of Famer who is still sitting on the leaderboard still and just for that reason alone he should be given the credit he is due.

3. (3 TPE)
8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (150 words min.)
The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

Well the votes are in and the last men in are, Ben Der and Bender Junior in the East and Luke Laroque and Marcel Beck in the West. I don't mind the pick of Bender Junior, but Ben Der? I can't see any reason he should have been picked over Angus McFife XVIII.  McFife out scored Der in every category, and the difference in +/- is staggering with a +8 for McFife to a -62 for Der. This is a travesty of a selection. How can you pick a low scoring, poor defensive defenseman to the allstar game?  Now going over to the West, I totally agree with Laroque, but Beck to me rode in on the coattails of his two defense partners that were already selected in Kinsinger and O'Neil. I feel Angry Gilmore of the Renegades would have been a better choice. He put up more points than Beck and on a team with a weaker roster. That in itself should have warranted the selection.

For a total of +8TPE

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

offseason pass

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

[url=+ TPE - Milestones]Milestones[/url]

3/16

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Milestones:
SMJHL Milestones (+3TPE)

1. Milestones 

Monarchs +1

2. Pick 4

a.
This is a really tough choice. The top goal scorers in the league on a team together sounds incredible, but the next four on the other side could cause some problems. I think what it is really going to come down to is defense and goalies. All that firepower might not be enough with the top defenders playing. I am going to say the West wins it. [67]

b.
I am taking the West. The firepower from the backside to supplement the offensive players will be a huge boost. If they can keep up the pressure and keep the puck out of their zone, the West may just run away with it. The West have to just play their game and they should have it in the bag.  [59]

c.
Mat Smith and Justin Time would be the tandem I would want behind me. Not only are they a part of the West, but they are awesome goalies. I hope to one day make the All Star Games and have a tandem like that behind me, you just know they are going to make the right play.  [57]

d.
I do not think Luca Pane is an All Star, at least not yet. I think the potential is there for Luca to get the nod, I just think he is too young and still learning how to be a better complete player. Hopefully in the near future I can make the argument that he deserves the vote.  [58]

3. Pumping Tires
Representing the Minnesota Monarchs is none other than Meta Knight. Knight has been one of the best players on the ice for the Monarchs and deserves all the attention. Knight is the only Monarch to score over a point per game with 77 points and the only player to break 30 goals with 31. Not only that, they are an ace in the faceoff dot finishing the season with a 55.5% win ratio. Off the ice, Knight is a pleasure to have in the locker room. Always around and talking to the other players and offering as much help as they can. They are the person you go to when you need help with something, or need to take care of business. They completely change once they hit the ice though. Like they channel a furious animal that can put the puck in the back of the net. They are one of the key pieces in Minnesota's rebuild and should be there for a long time.  [167]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

1. +3 TPE - Milestones

Milestones +3 TPE

4. Because the SMJHL All-Star list hasn’t been published yet, I am going to write this under the assumption that certain players will make the team. Of course, should this not happen, I am going to look silly, but I would rather write about SMJHL players and teams than SHL as I am not paying attention to the SHL yet as a SMJHL player. I think that it is possible that my player, Dominik Winters, would make the All-Star team this year and I would love to play with Logan Webb during the game. I think with the fact that we are both San Francisco draft picks, it would give us an early opportunity to develop chemistry that could eventually carry over to the SHL level when we both make the team in the next few seasons. It would benefit us and San Francisco if we are able to do so and help us be successful down the line.

WC: 158

5. I think the player from St. Louis that should be the last player in to the All Star game is Elena Maximova. I worry that their offensive contribution will get overshadowed by others in the SMJHL and I think that they fully deserve to be part of the festivities and represent themselves and the team at the game. Beside the fact that they are an elite player for St. Louis, I think that because they scored the 4-Star Cup winning goal for the Crows in the final this year, they would make a great representative who has already been successful in the SMJHL. They’re not some underdog who might never get another chance to be in the game, but I think that doesn’t make them less worthy of a spot and being able to show what they can do. Plus, at the end of the day, more Crows is always a good thing and I hope that there are lots of us at the games this year.

WC: 167

Total TPE Earned: 8 TPE

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Milestones

[Image: Sith-Happens-Signature.gif]

[Image: KS8UYv9.png] [Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png]
 Ireland