Create Account

S72 All Star Week

0. ISFL Affiliate - 3 TPE 
ISFL Affiliate

1. Milestones - 2 TPE
Milestones Link

5. Last Man In - Stump - 3 TPE 
The All-Star game needs to be about more than just raw stats. There's a lot of players out there who, pardon my French, coast a bit when surrounded by a ton of talent. Its easy to score goals when you have another superstar on your line that's drawing a ton of attention, or is so skilled at passing that they can go tape-to-tape every single time, setting you up for success and a boat load of goals. Or is so dynamic with the puck that all you need to do is pass in their general direction and they can find the back of the net. But it should also be about some of the general stars and heroes from the around the league. Enter defensemen Xavier Doom, for the New Orleans Specters. Doom is the unquestioned leader of the team, having just completed his 14th season with the squad. Sure his season wasn't outstanding, but it wasn't that far off some of the top defensemen in the league either. The All-Star game should be about saluting Stars in the league, and sometimes they aren't the guys at the top of the stat sheet.

8/8 TPE

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week. Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.

+3 TPE - Marton Diehm Milestones S72

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Offensive firepower is a close race this year, with the top two goal scorers in the league - Konstantin Selich and Ivan Lacksamus - both representing the East, while the next four in line - MST, Evan Winter, LEG, and Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev - will all be repping Westside. Which team scores more goals this all star game and why?

Gotta be the West, just for the sake of familiarity. With Last Player In, they can run a full Edmonton line of Evan, Benjamin, and Luke, all prime S64 and S65 players. They’re going to be dangerous in the regular season, but should have even more opportunities in the All Star Game, which typically features very little defense to speak of. And they can put out a second line with Matsmith and Lias alongside whoever they like they best. Meanwhile the East probably has to split up Konstantin and Ivan if they want both top lines to be a big threat, or risk pairing them up and being an easy match for the West’s best defenders.

Code:
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

Y’all know Marton won an award for being underrated, right? Are you just going to keep making that mistake? “He’s only 12th in his draft class,” blah, blah, blah. Eye test, boys and girls. He led Texas in Game Winning Goals this season. Diehm ain’t flashy, Diehm is clutch. You want your stars to be shiny, but I want mine to burn.

Code:
8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (150 words min.)

The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

Gotta give it up for Luke Laraque. Edmonton has a ton of players on these rosters, but you can’t argue against any of them. He tied teammate Evan Winter for assists and wasn’t too far off the goals top-ten, doing well enough to finish seventh in total points. As an S65 draftee, he’s coming into his max TPE and is clearly on top of his game. I support the committee looking to spread the love, but when one team has so many star performers, it’s appropriate for the voters to put one more on the ballot.

On the other hand, Hodor was severely snubbed on the defensive end. Over in the east, Toronto stacked the ballot box to get Ben Der into the game even though is only significant stat is blocked shots. But he finished second in that category behind.. Hodor! Hodor also snuck into the top ten for shooting percentage, snagging 9 goals on the season. He also posted a +24 and an 83 DGR over 66 games. All that in only his third SHL season, to boot.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

Code:

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
+3 TPE - S72 Milestones

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Pumping Tires (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, what makes their game special, and why are they going to rock the arena this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Evil AllBran made the team, which should come as a surprise to know one. Not only is AllBran still a premier player of our great and prosperous league, but he will go down as one of the best to ever play and deserves the spotlight. Other players in the league may be good, but none of them quite reach the level that this absolute mutant and Philadelphia legend is at and has been at for quite some time. A shot like a cannon, hands like the finest silks from a far off land and a level of awareness that has never been matched ever by anyone in the history of the league (do not fact check this). Good skating even in his declining years will help him against the young bucks and also a willingness to go into the corners in a non-physical “for fun” event gives him the edge over most players who don’t want to get rocked in an all-star game in the offseason.

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Offensive firepower is a close race this year, with the top two goal scorers in the league - Konstantin Selich and Ivan Lacksamus - both representing the East, while the next four in line - MST, Evan Winter, LEG, and Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev - will all be repping Westside. Which team scores more goals this all star game and why?
b. In terms of defensive points, the East may look like the team to beat, but Jay O'Neil and Christian Kinsinger were the top two goal scorers out of all defensemen and both will rep the West. Which team's blue line would you take?
c. Each conference brought back one tendie from last season, but will run a new tandem partner: which pair of Mat Smith and Justin Time or Brick Wall and Olof Karsikko would you rather play in front of and why? (If you are a goalie, explain why you should have gotten the nod!)
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

B. The east is where I’d place my money. Goal scoring D may be more valuable to a team in seasonal play, but my money is on the blueliners that will be snapping passes to Evil AllBran and company. Break the puckout, carry the puck, play weirdly hard physical defense in the corners. All of these things will factor in more than a good point shot.

D. My player is a perfect choice for the last man in, because that’s the same role he fills in Philadelphia. He’s just sort of there. An elite team of high end superstars and insane depth, and then him. He knows the role well of being the worst player on a stacked team. Why wouldn’t it work here too?

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

+3 TPE - S72 Milestones

[Image: I1sSxD7.gif]

+2 TPE - SMJHL MILESTONES

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

+3 TPE - S72 Milestones

Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, what makes their game special, and why are they going to rock the arena this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)
Even though this is my first season making it into the All-Star game, this time I am going to talk about my fellow teammate, Ivan Lacksamus, and his great contributions to the team that landed him the coveted first place overall in points. If it wasn't for the fact that he was a straight up points machine this season, Ivan has really been improving his game in the past few seasons. Where as before he was always eclipsed by some of the veterans, the cup win back in S70 really started catapulting him to the upper echelons of the league. He is going to rock the arena this night because he has excellent puck sense and awareness. Half the time he is setting up plays before he even has the puck. He is then able to translate what he wants effortlessly to the rest of the team. Look for him to make some huge plays.

-I am not saying that the west does not have its time and place, but the quality of opponents that the East has to face time and time again has honed the players into critical thinking machines ready to insist that onslaught on the goal is the only way to go. I have to give this one to the East, no questions asked.
b. In terms of defensive points, the East may look like the team to beat, but Jay O'Neil and Christian Kinsinger were the top two goal scorers out of all defensemen and both will rep the West. Which team's blue line would you take?
-In the all star game you have to look at pure goal scoring ability. The east has good defense that can shut down persistent offense, but the style and goal scoring isnt there for Seamus who considers himself to be more of a setup man than a scorer himself. Will that end up having other backlash in the all star game? We will have to wait and see if he decides to go out of his box to do flashy plays.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

PBE affiliate
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=631542
Bazooka Joe
+3 TPE

1. +3 TPE - Milestones

+6 TPE

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2023, 09:01 PM by Bonk. Edited 5 times in total.)

1.) +1 TPE - milestones

2.d) The player that has been robbed of in all-star appearance this season has got be Walt "Clyde" Frazier. The man is by far the fly dressed played in the shl, being a true fashion all-star. How the SHL cannot recognize this is absolutely ridiculous. When with the all-star committee wake up to the all-star that is  Walt "Clyde" Frazier.
Words~59 +1 tpe

3.) The New Orleans Specters had a very limited role in the all-star game this season. The only player to make the season 72 all star game this season was the center Videl Valor. Videl Valor lead the New Orleans Specters in points with 74 points consisting of 28 goals and 46 assists.  His defensive numbers and physical numbers were not bad either as he had 61 blocked shots not bad for center. Mr. Valor attituded was also shown in 82 hits. His importance when the chips were down are highlighted by his 5 game winning goals lead New Orleans Specters. Mr. Valor had a plus minus of -8 which was best for the offensive player for New Orleans Specters.  Granted, he was even when it came to give aways and take aways. With all the numbers going for him there is no question that Videl Valor is going to be a force in this season all-star game.
Words~157 +3 tpe

4.) The player that should be lined up with Videl Valor during this season all-star game has to be Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson of the Winnipeg Aurora. It is hard to swallow for me to be picking an Aurora player, it would be much easier to pick a Jet.  Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson lead the Winnipeg Aurora in points with 116 points consisting of an impressive 46 goals and 70 assists and was a plus 35. His 8 game winning goals were tied Max Manning for first on the Winnipeg Aurora. Mr. Ekholm-Gunnarsson physical is not the greatest with him only putting up 52 hits. He was also a plus 14 in give aways and take aways. Although none of those number lead the SHL they were a solid numbers. With those numbers Videl Valor has to be to be lined up with Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson if they are not paired on lines, it will be a SHL injustice. 
Words~153 +3 tpe

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2023, 11:58 PM by raymond3000. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
+1 TPE

Code:
c. Each conference brought back one tendie from last season, but will run a new tandem partner: which pair of Mat Smith and Justin Time or Brick Wall and Olof Karsikko would you rather play in front of and why? (If you are a goalie, explain why you should have gotten the nod!)
a. The East will score more goals in this season's edition of the all star game because the East is the stronger conference, especially at the top end. The elite offensive talent in the west is concentrated on the top lines in Winnipeg, Edmonton, and Chicago. Whereas the Western conference has elite offensive forwards in all their playoff teams.

b. The bluelines in the all star game are more evenly matched compared to the forwards, thanks in large part to the Western blue line being composed of players only from the top 3 teams in the conference. Winnipeg's star duo and Adelie de Pengu are the stars of this group, and all three are true two-way forces, and they tip the edge in favour of the West

c. Brick Wall and Olof Karsikko is a scary tandem and I would take them over their western counterparts. Brick Wall has consistently been one of the best goalies in the league for several seasons now, backstopping an impressive Patriotes defense. Karsikko didn't have the best regular season but has made consecutive Challenge Cup finals.

d. Andreas Kvalheim should be in the all star team since he is the oldest player in the league and everyone knows that you should respect your elders. This grey beard is still chugging along after twenty six SHL seasons, and still managed to put up 32 points during this latest regular season.

Code:
Incredibly, despite having the second worst record in the Simulation Hockey League, the Toronto North Stars are sending three representatives (Jimmy Larkin-Conway, Bender Junior, and Ben Der) to the season seventy two all star game. Among the three North Stars, Jimmy Larkin-Conway is likely the biggest household name as the veteran forward has been an elite scorer in the SHL for a number of seasons now. Larkin-Conway is a pure sniper. He has one job on the ice, and that is to put the puck in the net. Despite playing for a poor team, he is consistently among the league leaders in shots. His game is all out offense, and that style of play is what tends to shine during an event such as the all star game. You can bet that JLC will also dazzle in any potential shootout competition, wowing fans with his silky smooth dangles and his laser quick release.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Code:

a. I think that the East will score the most goals, Lacksamus and Selich are absolute beasts when they get in the zone and are a pain in the ass to stop even if you have an allstar defense and goalie on your team. The teams are still pretty even though so in truth it is still anyone's game to win.

d. Steve Harrington should make the allstar game because he's still pretty good despite being ancient. He still keeps up with those youngsters on Buffalo. These kids need to have some respect for their elders and give Harrington another spot in the limelight pun intended because that's my light and I deserve it and get off my lawn.

Code:

Gonna dedicate his to Jimmy Larkin-Conway as he was not one of the last players in and the regular attendee from Toronto. Jimmothy is the best forward on the team right now and is the man leading the charge of the North Stars into the playoffs and future success. He lead the team with 69 points. 38 of those were goals, which is equal to the amount that the bottom 8 players on the team put up combined! To be fair he did have the most shots, just ahead of Dick Clapper but with twice the goals per shot. Nobody else comes close to the volume and results. Larkin-Conway also plays a physical game putting up 115 hits, good for second most on the team. The offense definitely goes through Jimmers which is why he is a big addition to the all star team and the only serious choice for that first spot from toronto.

Code:

The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

As a newly minted North Star, I have to say that the last in for the eastern conference were both good choices. Bender Junior and Ben Der are both Toronto players and could damn near be the same person but one plays up front and one is mcgrids. In the west you have Marcel Beck who is a good pick from that cup winning Winnipeg Aurora team. Can't go wrong with any of the players there because that is a beast of a team. All I have to say is that it is good to see Toronto getting so much representation in the all star game because it means I made a good choice to hike over the border illegally to Canada. Only last in player I don't know much of is Luke Laraque but he plays for the Edmonton Blizzard who put up a tough fight for that western conference against the eventual champs.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Code:

3!

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3418644

Code:

b. I would take the Western blue line for sure.  Not only do you have the Winnipeg top pair, but you have the Chicago top pair as well.  It's not common to bring that much chemistry and potential into an all star game.  Add in Marcel Beck and you've got a responsible player who can produce without needing the top pair spotlight.

d. Slip McScruff actually got snubbed this time around.  I know it can be easy to write him off as one of the old ghosts of the league, but he actually hit 3 milestones this season and may be the oldest player to do so.  Not one to score many goals, he had 2 game winners, stayed out of the box, and held onto the puck.  Maybe next time.

PROCRASTINATOR TASKS:
Code:

I think Marcel Beck is a great pick for one of the last men in.  It's a hard spot to try and shine when you've got two other all star blue liners eating all of the luxury power play minutes.  But they were right on pace for even strength scoring and had a monster 80 take-aways with only 9 give-aways.  I remember back in my day, the previous generation (or maybe previous-previous), I was playing behind Gary Grease and Troy McClure III.  In our prime, I was the third one in for the cup finals spotlight behind that established top pair.

Winnipeg has an all around incredible blue line, so I'm glad to see 3 of their top 4 get in.  You could honestly make the case for all 4 to make it, but there can only be one for the vote and I'm not sure who to knock out of the initial roster.  Not only are you competing against top pair defenders from the entire conference, but it would be a hard case to pull so many from one team especially with representation up front as well.

@By-Tor  Cheers

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

GM pass

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

Code:

+3 TPE Milestones claim link

Code:

NOLA only has one person in the All Star Game, and that's veteran forward Videl Valor. Videl is a well rounded forward (Jesus, all 17s) who's just finishing up the 14th season of their career. Regression eventually hits everyone, and why should Valor be any different? After a bit of a decline in points totals the last couple seasons, this season Videl rebounded nearly to their pre-regression scoring (Very nearly, 74 points this season vs 75 points 4 seasons ago) though they've become more pass oriented over the years. It's truly great to see someone settling into a new role in a later stage of their career and especially great to see them rewarded for the successful transition with a trip to the All Star Game. Videl brings a veteran edge to the game, like many others, but Videl has the special honor of being the most experienced (see, oldest) skater playing for either team. It'll be exciting to see such an experienced, veteran player leave their mark on the All Star Game once again.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Line Changes (150 words min.)

I can see this going one of two ways, by either putting Videl Valor on the same line as some of the older players in the Western Conference like Winnepeg's Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson, but the funnier and honestly easier route (considering the Western Conference All Star Team actually has a rather young selection of forwards) would be to pair Videl, the oldest skater in the competition, with the youngest skaters in the competition in San Francisco's Viktor Hargreeves and the Monarchs' Meta Knight. I'm not sure how that combination would work out in terms of chemistry, but it is somewhat symbolic in a way to see the veteran proverbially passing the torch on to the younger generation while literally passing the puck. No matter what way you go though, it'll be great to see Videl ringing the bell in the All Star Game, either by lighting the lamp directly or with a killer pass to the youngsters.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2023, 09:43 AM by Wheels. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
Link
3 Points

Code:
2.a. When it comes to selecting top-tier players for an All-Star game, the decision is always a challenging one. Adelie de Pengu and Ben Jammin possess the ability to both control the scoreboard and effectively neutralize the best players from the Eastern Conference. For these reasons, my wager leans toward them and the Western Conference in this scenario. (57 Words)

2.b. While the Western Conference is composed of players mostly from three teams, they do appear quite formidable. In contrast, the Eastern Conference boasts a more diverse lineup. Nevertheless, the Western Conference not only features the top two goal scorers from the previous season but also includes cup-winning players. Does that alone not make them the likely victors? Probably. (58 Words)
2 Points

Code:

The selection of Ben Der as the final player for the Eastern All-Star team raises some eyebrows. His performance during the season as a defenseman was rather lackluster, culminating in a disappointing -62 rating. While his 337 blocks stand out, it's difficult to view this as a significant positive when considering the number of goals conceded by his team.

Conversely, the choice of Luke Laraque as an addition to the Western Conference All-Stars appears well-founded. He had an outstanding season, amassing an impressive 104 points, including 35 goals. His increased production this season was pivotal in propelling his team to the Conference Finals. Had the Blizzard reached the finals, he would likely have been a top contender for the playoff MVP title.

The disparity in player quality between these All-Star teams is quite apparent, and it suggests a strong advantage for the Western Conference in the upcoming game. We'll see how this plays out.
3 Points (154 Words)

8 Points Total