Create Account

The offseason of Kevin

Yeah Because I'm going more broke and turning lazier than a couch potato person to see stats and write something down on this platform, I’m going to try something new this time. Like a story perhaps about my player Kevin Kim and his hobbies and what he did in the offseason. But in the end it's all about money. I guess this might help me to reconsider not not making media but I doubt it. 

Kevin Kim, a seasoned professional in the SMJHL for now, is living a life that goes outside of the boundaries of the rink. While his commitment to hockey is incomparable, he is a multifaceted individual who cherishes his friendships, loves the thrill of adventure, expresses his artistic side through photography (cus why tf not), and leaves a lasting impact both on and off the ice. To see Kevin’s life outside of the rink, you need to get off your skates and run off. 

Kevin's journey as a hockey player began in his childhood, where he first learned to skate on the frozen ponds near his home. His love for the sport was undeniable, and he quickly rose through the ranks, earning a spot in the highly regarded SMJHL and then got drafted into the SHL. As his hockey got better, Kevin discovered that hockey was more than just a game; it was a way of life that brought him both immense joy from teammates, the game itself and profound challenges. 

However, Kevin's life is not defined by the sport. His teammates were like his second family, and their bond extended far beyond the rink. The locker room served as his place where they could unwind after intense practices and share stories and inside jokes. Moments like this really reminded him that the sport of hockey was not just to win but to have a good relationship. 

Kevin was not content to confine himself to only the hockey arena. When the off-season arrived, he unleashed his inner adventurers, seeking thrilling journeys. His travels took him  to awe-inspiring destinations like the breathtaking landscapes of New Zealand, where he marveled at snow-capped peaks and the weird animals that lived there. In the bustling markets of Bangkok (just learned about the place a couple of days ago so whatever), the streets reveal the vibrant colors and aromas of exotic street food amidst the lively crowds. He ventured deep into forests in the corners of the world, where the sounds of wildlife and the whisper of the wind were  only his companions.

Here comes the thing that came out of nowhere lol. Kevin’s newfound enjoyment for photography was the only thing that came to mind, and he spent most of his time holding a camera while enjoying his trips. 

Photography is not just a hobby for Kevin; it was a means of self-expression and a way to savor the fleeting moments of life. Even though he could’ve just pictured stuff on the new Iphone 14s and shit like that, he enjoyed the old fashioned way of doing it.

He wasn't just a sports icon for the Kelowna Knights but he is a cherished buddy and teammate. The adventures that Kevin and his teammates went through in the rink became the main topics in a conversation.

As Kevin's career continued to thrive, his presence in the SMJHL became more prominent. Earning him recognition as one of the league's top players and a spot in the All Stars game. However, the recognition never changed him. Kevin remained grounded, always prioritizing his family, his teammates, his staff members and his community. 

Family was at the core of Kevin's life. He hailed from a close-knit family, and despite his demanding schedule, he made sure to spend quality time with his parents, younger brother (maybe a new player incoming?), and sister. Kevin's family served as his anchor, providing the love and support he needed to excel in his career.

Community involvement was another significant aspect of Kevin's life. Like I shared in other media or player progressions stuff, Kevin just has a natural hate for the Vancouver team and a goofy love for the fans. He can’t really go into a public ice rink because he’s paranoid that the goalie that was going to replace him was there. 

Away from the rink, Kevin had a personal passion for the arts. He plays the alto saxophone which he doesn’t play as much as his rookie seasons but is still an importance to his life. The bull shit I made with the camera thing and this one is different I swear. This one is different because I actually play the Alto sax. 

Travel was another love of Kevin's life. During the offseason, he would embark on adventures to explore new cultures and landscapes. Whether it was backpacking through Europe, hiking in the Canadian Rockies, or immersing himself in the goated country of Australia.

In the ever-evolving world of professional sports, where the spotlight can be blinding and the pressure immense, Kevin Kim stood as a testament to the idea that an athlete can be more than their profession. He was a shining example of someone who lived life to the fullest, cherishing the relationships and experiences that went far beyond the boundaries of the hockey rink.
 As his career continued to flourish, Kevin Kim's career so far has extended well beyond the SHL and SMJHL. With him encouraging other players that you could play hockey even by enjoying their lives. 

In the end, Kevin Kim is more than just a hockey player, he is an active player that is still 21st in his TPE standings. God damn you the SHL for stopping lazy ass people to do stuff like this to do something in this career. 

Kevin's journey, both as a player and as a human being (yeah definitely a real being), is a showing that both things could mix together. 

Well that’s me trying to do something new, probably will have no comments and no views but like that’s just how it goes. Also I recommend you to not comment anything actually because this is an experiment of mine and nothing else.

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for the sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png]