Create Account

S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png

I would love it. It's a apart of hockey and would make a lot of sense. There would need to be an injury attribute made and people would need to invest in it. Would be really interesting, especially around play-off time. 

41 words

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]

It would be a great idea. I don't think injuries should be seasons long maybe just a game or two long. It would give a purpose for backup goalies, depth players, it would keep gm's on their toes, and would give a purpose for physical players.

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2023, 09:42 PM by funk. Edited 1 time in total.)

(incorrect PT for my class, disregard)

UPDATESPLAYER PAGE

I honestly think injuries should be turned on. It would add even more of a realistic feel to the sim. Although we would have to probably expand rosters to accommodate the need for replacement players.

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

Your task: Explain why turning injuries on would be a bad idea. Or a good idea, if you feel like frightening your fellow nerds today.

I believe in Anarchy, turn it on and let the world burn. I think it provides a great way for "luck" to be a factor. While it would be better if injury time could be shortened to say 1 or 2 games rather than a whole season but it might make a for an interesting dynamic to address parity within teams.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

I think it is a cool idea to add injuries. Would make for interesting storylines and additional teambuilding strategies. However, it would suck for your player to suffer a season ending injury.

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

Injuries would be a pain to deal with, especially if it's your player who's out and you no longer want to watch or follow. BUT it would at least bring in an interesting aspect of calling up players from the J and what not. Other roles might come into play as well.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Honestly, I think it's a good idea in the sense that it promotes more player movement and realism within the league. If a guy goes down for, ten games, it's an opportunity for farm team players to get a chance to play some SHL games--the real problem is that I don't think we have the player population to support it as strongly as it would need to be supported.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Turning on injuries would probably mean adding depth players to rosters, which seems like a terrible spot for someone to be in. Could potentially need an entire minor league team to call people up. Also it'd be tough to potentially lose a season in your prime to injuries. I just don't think it's a good idea in a for-fun sim league.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Turning on injuries in FHM would be a terrible idea. Injuries are random to happen and would cause a lot of people to go IA if they got hurt and would be out for while.

(35 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

injuries could add an interesting dimension to player progression, albeit potentially massively unfun addition for most. I wouldn't mind if my 1200TPE player got injured for a season, it's not like anyone would miss him anyway.

I think it would be a great idea. More variance is fun, and it would actually lead to some strategies for having a goon squad being more than just penalty box dummies.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Would be nice for realism, but I'm not even thinking of the damage it would be to the players who put in the time to do TPE. But the GMs would now have to have healthy (or bot or IA) scratches that can be slotted in and thats a nightmare. How about we talk injuries when we add a 4th line to teams.

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

turning injuries on sounds like a bad idea, i dont wanna mine or my friends' players get hurt. it seems like itd make everything more stressful and less fun

[Image: 485e83ad5709e90ba5a0cffccb717e08.gif]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: n5T6k5K.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
:3
Cranberry Sig by @enigmatic
Pride Skates by @sköldpaddor
"You Belong..." Banner by @sve7en

it is a good idea because we can have early callups of players to fill in for roles which could lead to more interesting situations in the sim.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]