Create Account

S73 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places

Leonard Wood came into the locker room to a very warm welcome. Veterans, GMs, fellow rookies, and even alumni all joined in on the welcoming party. Beers were had (and also spilled, SORRY), high fives all around, and he was pointed to his locker with his jersey in it. Leonard Wood got right to work by building chemistry with his new teammates, learning the system, and finding out where he fit into the team.

It was a big change getting used to the new locker room and facilities. For starters, Leonard had to get used to the high altitude of Colorado. After that, everything was much easier. You could tell that the owners put a lot of money into making the Raptors' facilities something to be proud of. Everything was new and sleek, all branded in the teams colors and logo. Looking at his new digs, Leonard knew he had arrived. This was major junior, the highest on the pipeline to make it to the SHL.

[Image: YOMfe20.png]

Star winger of COL was very excited to see the 2nd round pick, Oranj Konhe.

Entering the locker room with her sister, the Solberg twins were met with excited cheers. The atmosphere was extremely warm in Québec City, despite the weather not being the clearest. Everyone on the team was extremely welcoming and friendly, especially the fellow rookies. It's because of this fact that Frøya had decided to ask Sonja if she'd be willing to invite the rest of the locker room out for poutine! Having just arrived in Canada, they hadn't had the chance to get some yet and thus were very much looking forward to this mysterious food that everyone in Canada seemed to love. Making her way to the rookies like Céleste and Michael, then to the Latvian duo of Leo and Juan followed by Tom, Fergus, Shawn and Johnny before finally going up to the veterans and asking them if they'd like to come along. Luckily, the vets knew just the place... Denny's :D A fun time was had by all who attended!

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

When I walked into the locker room I was approached by the Anchorage captain. He tells me they're excited I've come, and can't wait to get started working with me. But as I walk into the actual locker room I noticed that the entire team was seated in an awkward silence. As I approached, one of the veteran players said, " before we do anything we have to ask you something... What is the meaning of life the universe and everything? "

Now I've been asked this question about a thousand times It was originally a legitimate question but the last 999 have all been a joke. I rolled my eyes as best as I could, being that I am a gigantic supercomputer. But eventually I caved and gave them the answer they desired.

"42" I mumbled almost inaudibly.

They all cheered and the captain reached one arm around my shoulder and handed me an Anchorage jersey with the other. I opened it up and it said "THOUGHT" with the number 42.

I broke into a wide digital grin.

"RunSMJHLyear1.exe"

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: image.png]

When Rodrigo Banes arrived in the Kelowna locker room, the team had arranged a small welcome for him. His father, a BC native, had an impact on the hockey community in the area, and so he entered the world here not entirely unknown. The team put together a nice welcome basket for him, including a selection of tasty local beers and wines from local breweries and wineries. As a welcome event, the team did a winery tour, played some golf (Roddy is awful at golf and never plays outside the few social calls where it is deemed a requirement) and went out on Okanagan Lake. So far, so good for Rodrigo Banes and the Kelowna Knights! We will see how things develop from here, but things are off to a good start.
Sure, the town is no Kamloops, but its a great place to be, and Roddy is looking forward to an exciting rookie season.

[Image: banes.png]

[Image: fuvLGNL.png]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

Well, Mr Blundetto didn’t join the team in the conventional sense. Missing the deadline to apply for the draft, he missed the deadline by just three days. Nonetheless, he was excited to enter the waiver wire and see where he ended up. When he got the call from Yukon, he was excited! He had never been that far north before, and knew it would be a big change. The team was so welcoming to him, despite having their rookie festivities a few days prior with those who were lucky enough to hear their name called in the draft. He showed up at practice this morning, and everyone was excited to meet him! He felt like a really important acquisition, being greeted by several of his new teammates right away. First practice even went great, with Tony really feeling like he was apart of the team, and would be important to their success. Afterwards, they all stuck around and had a beer, chatted about life and their favourite TV shows, and Tony really felt the camaraderie from all of his new teammates.

Tanner Pitts was excited when he heard his name called on draft night to join the Raptors in Colorado. The young goalie from Tampere, Finland had been practicing his English all week so that he could speak to his teammates after the draft without any issues. When he first walked into the dressing room after a long draft night, he was welcomed to excited teammates all rushing to show him around the facilities. The following day was a whirlwind of meeting the staff and preparing for practice. Even after just joining the team in Colorado, Pitts went straight to the gym and met with the team trainers and nutritionists to prepare a weekly plan to maximize his abilities. The last thing on his list was to speak personally with his team rival, the starting goalie. When he asked to speak with the teams veteran goaltender to get tips on how to improve his game, he was informed that there was actually no veteran goalie in the organization at all. Actually, there was no other goalie whatsoever and Tanner Pitts would be leading the Raptors out on to the ice for their first games.

We will see how that goes..

When I arrived in Vancouver from Finland, I met up with the other rookies, whom I had gotten to know at the draft, outside of the locker room in anticipation of what our teammates had planned for our first day with the team. We counted down from three and swung open the doors to find a dark room filled with hooded individuals who instructed us to sit down at our assigned lockers. What followed was a passing around of a goblet which the captains informed us was whale blood, which represented the defeat of our figurative opponents in the seasons to come in the SMJHL. I drank it first as I figured there was no way it was actually blood, and fortunately, I was correct but I did not let my fellow rookies know that and pretended to be disgusted. All around, this experience brought us closer together as a rookie core and a team as a whole for the season ahead.

Anxieties go hand in hand with entering a new situation, but as it turns out there was no need for Celeste to be feeling any of those anxieties as they entered the Citadelles' locker room for the first time. The team just seemed to click, with the new class of rookies fitting right in with the team's veteran players. They could already tell that the team would be a good environment, and very quickly resolved to train their hardest to help the team have as successful a season as they possibly could. Rebuild? No, this rookie class was going to build the Quebec City Citadelles into a dynasty for the next couple of years, they just knew it. Between the Solbergs, their new Latvian D-men, and Celeste themself, how could the team become anything else?

Happily, Celeste was invited out along with the rest of the team for a meal by the Solberg twins, who were eager to try poutine for the first time; the team vets had recommended Denny's, and so off they went.

[Image: Fm35hEW.png]

When the local Montreal GM's Son walked into the Vancouver Whalers locker room for his first day after being drafted by the team, the older team members began to make sure he received a proper juniors hazing welcome. First they blindfolded him and took him to a secret, players-only area within the Whalers practice facility, an area where not even the team's staff or ownership is allowed to go. They then removed the blindfold, where he saw his fellow rookies, the group alone in the center of a darkened room with only a spotlight on the area where they stood. Only a singular object was there in the room with them - a large keg of beer. The rookies all nodded at each other, as they knew what they had to do. One by one, the rookies each did a keg stand while the rest of the team cheered them on. When it was over, the team turned the lights on and a party began.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Entering into the Kraken locker room for the first time, Roger was met with a strong air of confidence. Really a looot of different people exuding a lot of confidence. There were many characters at the post-draft party proclaiming supremacy and it wasn't just limited to current players--alumni of the Kraken we're there to welcome the latest draftees (and also say they are the best to ever do it). Some would say it was the most confident party every hosted.

There were also rumours that can neither be confirmed nor denied that a fighting ring was organized amongst veterans of the team. Nothing dangerous, the classic locker room past-time of helmet and gloves on wrasslin' was just extended out to a semi formal celebration of new team members. Allegedly. If this event were to have happened, Roger could confidently say that it is not in anyones best interest to ever get on the badside of Betzee Nickelback. Roger definitely won't be doing that... not for any specifically released reason, he just knows its best not to do it.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Entering the locker room alone was enough to overjoy Sonja. After all it felt like a dream come true to her. Especially as she had her twin sister, Froya Solberg on her side. The two girls didn't hesitate much to make their way over to their locker. Upon seeing her jersey hung up with the Quebec City Citadelles logo in central view and with the number 57 that meant oh so much for her she could feel that a tear almost rolled down on her cheek. What actually brought said tear out was when she turned the jersey around and on the back she saw "S. Solberg" written which was a confirmation that it was indeed her jersey and that she finally made it to the doorstep of the SHL. Granted, there was still some work to do before she could make it to the SHL. Nevertheless she was now very close and she could finally see all those years of hard work paying off for her. In the meantime of course her twin sister, Froya had asked her if she was interested in inviting the rookies for some poutine. To which Sonja replied with a nod of her head. However her mind was much more occupied with taking the feeling in of finally making it to the SMJHL.

When Gewmba Stolemahmoney walked into the newly renovated Timber Town Arena, he was greeted with what could only be described as confusion and repulsion. At first he thought it was because he brought in a 6 pack of Red Stripe, which makes no sense in a place like main. But then an ancient Janitorial figure emerged from the shadows, his name badge was mostly worn and could only read "Toast".

This old codger Toast then proceeded to ask Gewmba why he looked like a hobo and smelled like dog urine. Gewmba said that is just how he lives his life, as a street urchin, and the real reason he would do something as ridiculous as play Goalie in the SMJHL. His teamates cheered, because now they would not be asked to do the awful task of guarding the pipes through RNG.

Overall though, after the initial shock the team pulled together and took Gewmba to Wawa for a delicious hoagie. 

Code:
160 words

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

09-27-2023, 10:46 PMjay2233 Wrote:
Congratulations on being drafted! The hard work starts now, and your teammates are all ready to get to know you!.
Written option: You just walked into the lockerroom for the first time. How did your new teammates respond? Did they organize anything to welcome you and the other draftees to the team? Must include at least 150 words.
Graphic option: Make an image depicting a couple of members of your team hanging out together in the locker room. Must include the team logo somewhere.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S73 SMJHL Rookies (S74 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Deadline: Monday, October 2nd @ 11:59pm PST
I walked into the locker room and said hi to my new teammates. My new teammates said hi back and I introduced myself. They introduced themselves back as well. Then, they told me that they organized a dinner at a pizza parlor near the stadium! After the dinenr, we added each other in social media. It was nice meeting my new teammates! Go Timber! Timber