Create Account

S73 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week

It's for sure Great Falls. In the race for a good draft pick Great Falls are right on our tails, well we certainly aren't going to give up without a fight, I am investing all of my points into screening, coach told me that is a terrible idea, so sounds like exactly what I need to do to guarantee us a good pick. Kelowna needs this to rebuild and we won't be outrebuilded like this.

In all seriousness I am a new player to this league, and I am not sure who Kelowna's long time rivals are, but for me personally my biggest rival is Detroit, I thought for sure they would pick me and I'm holding a grudge (jk) but it is definitely the matches I am most invested in. I look forward to seeing more games in the future and seeing who Kelowna really develops a rival against (I hope it is Detroit)

Our biggest rival in the leaque this year is probably the St.Louis Scarecrows. Though St.Louis had a rough start to the year, Quebec blew them out 7 - 0 in their first meeting. The Scarecrows have since turned their season around. There is still lots of season left as only approximately twenty percent of the season has occurred. anchorage has a lot of work to do and i’m excited for it. we have a ton and i mean a ton of talent all over the ice. my best friend friend all through out childhood plays for them so it’s always a personal game for me. i always want to win and show im the best. st louis passed on me after they said they were going to take me so that also causes a lot of animosity with me and them but extremely excited to see how the season goes! go boats

In Newfoundland we hate trees.  Maine has a tree in their logo and Berserkers are known for wielding axes and hatchets.  It was fated to be rivalry from the get go.  Newfoundland has owned Maine through out history beating them something crazy like 8 playoff matchups in a row.  Maine got one over on us recently beating Newfoundland in the cup Final.  It was about time for them to push back a bit so fair play.  I created maybe the most cursed thing ever, a Berserkers logo in Maine colors, it's truly hideous.  For a while there the rest of the league didn't like Newfoundland.  Our goal song Yaya Ding Dong really rubbed teams the wrong way.  Couplet that with a dynasty run and you aren't getting invited to a lot of birthday parties.  Luckily for everyone else, real life got in Ham's way so I took the reigns and now things are much more fair and balanced.  I still have won a cup in my time and lost 2 other Finals but everyone else gets to have fun so that's great.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

The answer to this week's prompt is relatively easy, as Vancouver is just a few hour's drive from the home of the Kelowna Knights, with the British Columbia rivalry in full swing in the modern SMJHL. Not only that, but both of their histories in this league stretch back some of the longest time so there has been plenty of opportunity for bad feelings to emerge between the two competitive franchises. On top of both of the above points, current Whalers GM Aleks once was a member of the Kelowna organization and even participated in some of their war-room discussions, ultimately leaving for greener pastures once a management spot opened up further west in the province. For my player personally, his pen-pal from a young age named Petr Vrana made a name for himself in this league and encouraged him to declare for the draft, but Vrana spent most of his junior career in Kelowna while Joonas has situated himself nicely in Vancouver, a situation that has led to a halt in communications between the two.

Picking a historical rival with so little context and for a team that doesn't have one consistent rivalry is a tough choice so I'm going on recent history here. Talks to more tenured team members and some research narrowed down the field a bit, but I think the biggest rival the Citadelles have at the current moment would probably be the Falcons. They keep leapfrogging each other in the standings every week and the games against each other are for very competitive and high scoring! 3 of the 4 matches played between QCC and DET were won by 1 goal and one of those games was the only game the Citadelles have played that went to the shootout (which we won by the way Biggrin ). Two very evenly matched teams constantly playing very fun to watch hockey, what could be better? While the season is only halfway over and 2 games against the Falcons are yet unplayed, I sincerely hope we both make the playoffs just so we can beat them again. Smile