Create Account

S73 PT#3: Getting Colorful

Option 2

As a forward in ice hockey, Julian Flörsch greatly appreciates the critical role goalies play in helping his team succeed. Goalies are the last line of defense, and their contributions extend far beyond stopping pucks.

Modern goalies are skilled puck-handlers. Their ability to make precise passes can initiate quick breakouts, catching the opposing team off-guard. Using this in the right way during a game can help the team transition from defense to offense efficiently.

Being at the one end of the ice, goalies tend to have a good, somewhat different view of everything going on in front of them. Effective communication with skaters is a good way for the goalie to influence the play from both a defensive and offensive point of view. During the game, they provide instructions, calling out plays, and alerting skaters to the location of opponents, aiding in their positioning and decision-making. In practices and before and after games, they can help analyze the opponents' and our own teams performance and plays.

On penalty kills, goalies are often our best penalty killers. They stop shots, control rebounds, and help clear the puck from the zone, reducing the opponent's power-play opportunities. This is where their puck-handling skills once again come into play as well. They can also help us shift momentum in our favour. A spectacular save by the goalie energizes the team and the fans, motivating the players to push harder and capitalize on the momentum swing.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Jersey design for the Uganda Cranes International Youth Hockey Federation
[Image: 1ugxkit.PNG?ex=6543ca26&is=65315526&hm=9...f9657f58a&]
[Image: 1ugxkit2.PNG?ex=6543ca26&is=65315526&hm=...be27107ca&]
[Image: 1ugxkit3.PNG?ex=6543ca26&is=65315526&hm=...a00f7cf9f&]

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Prompt - Scout

While playing a friendly games with other kids my camp kids dominate the competition. I know it's supposed to be a friendly game, but this is hockey one of the roughest sports in the world. My camp kids would us all the lessons in how to play tough, rough and proper hockey to destroy the other team. Nothing would be held back my camp kids would be throwing hard hits any chance they get. They would learn that there is no love lost in hockey and every game you have to give it your all. They would learn that you literally need to put your blood, sweat and tears into this game or you won't get anywhere. Of course these kids would take these lessons home because if you don't play hockey hard and tough then you're probably getting beat up and losing. Who wants to be a looser when you can be a winner.

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]

After our camp, we wrapped it up with a game later that evening against a local A level team. I knew this game was going to be a challenge for these camp kids but it wasn’t about winning or losing but about whether they took what they learned and implemented it into their game. 95 percent of these kids had never played together and you could certainly see the lack of chemistry throughout the game especially when up against an A caliber team who have played together for years. The final score of the game ended up being a 7-2 beat down but the game its self was closer than the score resembled. I could really see the improvement in some of the kids when it came to their shots and when making breakout plays. It wasn’t perfect but I am happy with how each of them progressed in some way.

OPTION 1

The Slovakian camp was a success! They can crush New England's finest with ease! Friendlies? HAH! As if! These games were an opportunity to show the supremacy of Czech AND Slovak hockey over anything the world has to offer. Slovakia's youth crushed the Massachusetts and New York talents and ideally left a mental crater deep in the United States such that they will never challenge Czech and Slovak dominance ever again. These Slovak players will ideally create a golden generation that aids the Czechs in their mission to win gold. Look for them on the horizon, and fear, for your days are numbered! Victory is at hand! Petr will play as long as is necessary to ensure this outcome, and will do all that is required of him in ensuring our collective victory. One day soon we will see a Czech dawn on the horizon, one that will bring together a new world! What about the Slovaks? Oh right, they can come along too.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Code:
Design a logo or jersey for the youth program of the country of your choice, which, again, must NOT currently have an IIHF team. Incorporate at least three colors, with e.g. white trimming counting as a color.

[Image: o11A9yg.png]

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

option 1

the liechtensteiner kids from vaduz had no idea that they were going to hamilton to also play local junior a teams in a little mini-tournament besides the fact that they'd be seeing the steelhawks play the buffalo stampede with front row seats. the vaduz team was widely expected to be at this tournament just to make up the numbers; no one expected a group of 20 kids from a small country in the middle of the alps to be able to keep up with a bunch of hockey-fed, born and bred canadians. the surprise turned out to be that the vaduz team did just fine. sure, they lost one game 12-2, but they won 2 out of the 5 games they played and lost one in overtime to a team widely considered to be the best in southern ontario. it was a great trip for these kids and they sure learned a lot.

157 words

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants their team's goalie to do to make their specific role easier. If your player is a goalie, tell me what you do to make your forwards' lives a little easier!

As the goalie of Tampa Bay I want to help my team however I can. I handle a lot of the defensive responsibilities so I guess in a sense allowing my forwards to cheat a bit more and put themselves into better scoring positions seems like a reasonable answer. I could also say that I am trying to put some work into my passing so I can help feed the puck back up the ice. But this is not what I want, what i yearn for above all else is the goalie goal. Yes I want to help my forwards by helping seal the game away in the dying minutes. It kills me that this sim doesn't allow for such an option and I would like to start a petition to get that changed. Who is with me?! I mean it can't be that much work to get such a minor niche occurrence to happen in our games, no?

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Valerija Serapin simply wants her goaltenders to TEND THE GOAL! Don't make any stupid mistakes handling the puck. If  a netminder makes a mistake trying to help the team by handling the puck, it is a free goal given up in the most deflating way possible. We will probably laugh about it afterwards but in a game where you are fighting for victory, those mistakes hurt everyone on the team. Also if one of the opponent's fowards starts chirping and trying to play mind games with you, simply point them out to the us.We will give them something else to think about. We will,do whatever it takes to make your job as easy as possible. If it means taking 2 minutes (or 5 minutes) in the sin bin, I am and each one of us will protect you. We have your back on the ice, always.

This must be the easiest question to answer. STOP. THE. PUCK. It really is that simple. Puck goes towards the net? Make it not go in the net. I do everything I can to make the shots as easy is possible, but sometimes a shot gets through. So what do I ask of the goalie? Stop the puck. Do not let puck go in net. There are only so many ways to say that. Sure you can control rebounds, deflect passes, read the play, research shooter tendencies, disrupt dump ins; but at the end of it all, I just want you to stop the puck from going in the net. I feel like I have been repeating myself quite a bit here, because that really is all I want from my goalie. Keep the puck out of the net and I will love you for it. Bonus points if they are also a good cook.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

One thing that helped me when I was growing up and playing hockey was that for the longest time, I was always the worst player on my team. And once again in New England, I am probably closer to the bottom in terms of talent and TPE so it ends up working out.
You will always improve when you are not the best one on the ice and one of the worst ones around your teammates. You always have to push harder to try and compete and be relevant. You have to give that extra 10 or 20 percent in order to be able to stay in with the skill level of your teammates and the opponents. It makes you always able to improve and get better when you have a goal to attain and that clear-cut competition on the ice.
And that is exactly what happened with the kids. They were slotted in against older kids and kids in a higher level so that they would have to try harder and be better every shift and improve that little much. We did not win a single game but now the kids know the level they have to play at in order to be competitive.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

option 2 goalie goals

well first of all binko koivu of the atlanta inferno of the sim hockey league would like his goalies (plural since there are two goalies on the atlanta inferno and also coincidentally or maybe not coincidentally on all of the other teams in the simulation hockey league) to start scoring some goals they need to get they points up like the fuck what are they doing just big chilling back there in net while the skaters are doing all of the work in the offensive zone like come on you need to pitch in too get your money up skate into the offensive zone fire off some slap shots from the point like imagine how powerful those clappers could be with a big ass heavy goalie stick like those could probably rip a hole through the net so in conclusion i think the goalies should do some contributing here and there to the offensive side of the game because the skaters like agnes @micool132 and eel @hotdog and shoyo nuts @Gordon Bombay are tired of carrying the load and just want to share their load with their teammates

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

So the thing that I would love for the goalie on my team to do to help the team out is to SAVE THE DANG PUCK FROM GOING IN! LIKE YOU ARE HUGE, COVER UP THE THING! *uh-hem* I would love that they stick to their guns, they have great eyes for the ice and get the best view to see plays forming and what not. Of course it would be great for them to be saving goals, but they definitely have a voice on the ice. Giving the team pointers, heads up, call outs, etc helps way more than some people really believe and that is what stands out when looking at a good goalie compared to a great one. It might just be me, but I see the goalie as a pivotal position in the sport and they do a ton all at once on top of being able to read where a puck is going when shot off like a bullet directly toward them. They are highly respected by me, but communication helps the team so much.

[Image: jsteele1423.gif]
[Image: dOfqg1T.png]
[Image: lhZ3TTV.png]
[Image: QwTZD8C.png] [Image: uJXrVDL.png]
Click my logo below to see me LIVE on Twitch!
[Image: vNTwVv3.png]

When the kids from Billy Herrington's camp hit up his hometown, North Babylon, New York, for some friendly matches with the local teams, things get interesting. Some games, they do pretty well. You can see they've picked up some skills and teamwork from the camp. It's a nice confidence boost, you know? But, of course, not every game goes their way. They run into some tough local competition. It's a lesson in the wide world of hockey - there are all sorts of playing styles and skill levels out there. These games show them that they've got more work to do. The big takeaway? They realize that it's a journey. Hockey is about constant improvement. They learn to adapt to different game situations and to pick up tricks from different playing styles. Plus, they get that hockey is a universal language. It's not just about the game; it's about the camaraderie and sportsmanship. No matter where you play, hockey brings people together. When they head back to their own local programs, they're all fired up. They're working on their weak spots, trying out new techniques, and putting into practice what they learned during their trip. It's not just about winning; it's about becoming well-rounded players and being part of a team. For Billy, it's a chance to see these kids grow, learn, and understand that hockey is not just a game - it's a journey that makes you better, wherever you play.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa